• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite childhood TV show?

island.chill

takis dust
Bells
Personally, I liked this show called Arthur. Growing up we didn't have cable and there were no smart TVs. So I had to work off of that. I found a good kids channel called PBS Kids. There was this show called Arthur and it was literally my favorite from day 1. I also grew up watching Curious George.

I loved Arthur too! As a kid, I also watched Pokémon, Rugrats, Recess, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Hey Arnold, and SpongeBob. I even had a SpongeBob-themed birthday party for my 10th birthday lol. I still watch clips sometimes. So overall I would say SpongeBob was my favorite.

Liberty’s Kids— also PBS —was a good yet underrated show that solidified my fascination with history. When I got older I liked iCarly, That’s So Raven, and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Prior to that, I watched Barney, Blue’s Clues, Teletubbies, Sesame Street, Richard Scarry, Maisy…the usual baby shows.

Personally, I liked this show called Arthur. Growing up we didn't have cable and there were no smart TVs. So I had to work off of that. I found a good kids channel called PBS Kids. There was this show called Arthur and it was literally my favorite from day 1. I also grew up watching Curious George.
Yeah same here. My family didn't have cable when I was growing up so I didn't get to watch a lot of shows especially kid shows. I would actually go over to my cousin's home to watch cartoons with him lol. But I couldn't do that all the time because we lived far apart.

Arthur was a good one. Maybe Sesame Street? A lot of the shows like Barney, Thomas ect I didn't watch because of the lack of cable and TV. So most of my nostalgia comes from shows when we finally did get cable like Ninja Turtles, Batman, the old shows on Boomerang ect.

I had a lot of favourite shows growing up! I was mostly into Family/Disney Channel and Treehouse shows, but I liked a select few Teletoon and Nickelodeon shows as well.

I watched pretty much any Family/Disney Channel show that was on between 2007 - 2014, but my favourites were Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, That’s So Raven, and Life with Derek. On Treehouse, my favourites were Rolie Polie Olie, The Backyardigans, Max & Ruby, Little Bear, Franklin, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Yo Gabba Gabba!, The Big Comfy Couch, Wee 3, Barney, and Blue’s Clues. Probably forgetting a few, haha

Atomic Betty on Teletoon was one of my first ever favourite shows. It usually only came on around 5-6am EST, so I would sometimes wake up early (or stay up way too late 🫢) just to watch it. I also liked 6Teen and Ben 10. I occasionally liked watching Zoey 101, iCarly and Victorious on Nickelodeon. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to rewatch the Nickelodeon shows without thinking about all of the stuff that we know about Dan Schneider and Jennette McCurdy now, but I loved them when I was a kid and oblivious.

I also went through a cooking show phase when I was a kid lol? I don’t remember the name of my favourite one, but I liked Rob Rainford’s Licence to Grill 😂

I loved watching Adult Swim as a child. I didn't care much for the television shows meant for my age demographic. 😛 Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Shin Chan were my favorites on there. 🔴🍟🥤

I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid and loved them all, but I'm going to go a different route. I have been an avid reader all my life, so my favorite and most nostalgic childhood show was Reading Rainbow. I am so sad that it's no longer on the air. It was a beautiful show and I will forever be grateful for LeVar Burton's dedication to literacy. 🦋🌈📖

So many to think of, but the first that comes to mind is Zoboomafoo! I was already a cat lover, but that show really developed the lifelong passion I have for animals. I was always the kid who begged my siblings to ask me animal trivia, as well as the person anyone would go to for any animal related inquiries. I loved ALL animals! And I also believed the not so conventionally cute animals were adorable! I remember in class one time, I was probably like 7 or 8, the teacher asked everyone around the room what their favourite animal was. Of course I wanted to be different, as everyone was saying either cat or dog. I said binturong! They are a bear-cat like creature and no one knew what it was! I had learned all about them from Zoboomafoo and I educated everyone about the adorable creature, I was so proud!

Rugrats was a top fave, as well as Spongebob. Courage the cowardly dog and Dexter's laboratory were also faves. Fairly Odd Parents was good when I was a kid, but hasn't held up in adulthood. The other shows have, though.

Some shows I remember seeing as a child are: Oobi, Gullah Gullah Island, The Backyardigans, Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Go Diego Go!, Blue's Clues (the old, original one), Franklin (both the original one and Franklin and Friends), Max and Ruby, Little Bill, Little Bear, Oswald (that Noggin show with the blue octopus), Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends, Wonder Pets, Yo Gabba Gabba!, and my most favorite one of all, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!

Others: I also remember seeing Zoboomafoo, an episode of The Adventures of Ronald McDonald, called, "McTreasure Island", and this film called, "Susie the Little Blue Coupe", on VHS tape as a child.

I'm a late Gen Z, so I grew up with some awesome shows. My favorites included Backyardigains, Max and Ruby, and Kipper.

613922a1d05d9.jpg
notebook_image_349026.jpg
original-grid-image-3771-1433123267-6.jpg

I loved Arthur as well when I was a kid. It always came on at 4 pm my time. The perfect time after getting home from school and unpacking homework and stuff. I have the most memories of this one because it was available to me for so long on normal public television.
I liked Pokemon, Digimon, Beetle Borgs, Beast Wars, and Power Rangers even though mom always turned it off when she noticed and called it stupid. I also watched the Simpsons, Sailor Moon, and Barney as a tiny kid.

1. Ed Edd'n Eddy
2. Dexter's Laboratory
3. Courage the Cowardly Dog
4. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
5. Johnny Bravo
6. Blues Clues
7. Rugrats
8. Arthur
9. Dragon Tales
10. Pokemon

SpongeBob is definitely my favorite from when I was first watching TV. Back then, I even liked seasons 6-8. I also recorded shows that aired on Nick’s late night block, which were the 1990’s cartoons. I loved Hey Arnold, Rugrats, and Rocko’s Modern Life the most. My parents didn’t let me watch Cartoon Network (for some reason), so even though I did start watching it when we started using streaming services instead of using cable, I won’t count those. Also, I didn’t really watch any of the stuff that kids aren’t supposed to be watching, because my parents made me scared of them so I wouldn’t watch them, which I will never not be upset about. The only one I did like was The Simpsons, which I still couldn’t watch.

Also, I liked Disney Channel, like Phineas and Ferb and those random and cringy sitcoms they had. The only one I think still holds up is Jessie.

I thought we were just going with pre-school shows like Sesame Street, Thomas, Bubble Guppies, Paw Patrol ect. If we're going for TVY7 and up then there are quite a few I liked.

@Xara Ben10 was great. Who wouldn't want a watch to shape shift into aliens lol. Avatar The Last Airbender was also a good one. I'm worried how the Netflix adaption is going to do.

When I was really little I was a big fan of the show Little Bear and Sagwa The Chinese Siamese Cat. I remember those two in particular at least (that and the jealousy episode of the The Berenstain Bears...)

When I was a bit older Sabrina the Teenage Witch was one of my favourites!! And then I was a big Hannah Montana, Kim Possible, and Wizards of Waverly Place fan.

So many to think of, but the first that comes to mind is Zoboomafoo! I was already a cat lover, but that show really developed the lifelong passion I have for animals. I was always the kid who begged my siblings to ask me animal trivia, as well as the person anyone would go to for any animal related inquiries. I loved ALL animals! And I also believed the not so conventionally cute animals were adorable! I remember in class one time, I was probably like 7 or 8, the teacher asked everyone around the room what their favourite animal was. Of course I wanted to be different, as everyone was saying either cat or dog. I said binturong! They are a bear-cat like creature and no one knew what it was! I had learned all about them from Zoboomafoo and I educated everyone about the adorable creature, I was so proud!
Omg I remember when that lemur they had bit into a grape and suddenly starting talking. 🤯 Loved every second of it!

I watched a lot of not age-appropriate stuff my parents let me have their anime collection
Tom and Jerry was my favourite tv network show
I would have a lot of weird lucid dreams about blues clues and shrek.

Back