• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite childhood TV show?

If we’re talking mainly preschool shows, I grew up watching Thomas and Friends, VeggieTales, Sesame Street, Teletubbies, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about VeggieTales. That was a pretty good show, even though I only watched it at Sunday school.

I loved watching Hey Arnold when I was younger. That was a great show. I was afraid of Dora at a young age for a pretty stupid reason. I can provide context if anyone's interested why.

Context? Absolutely.
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about VeggieTales. That was a pretty good show, even though I only watched it at Sunday school.

I forgot about Veggietales, too! Absolutely loved that show. So wholesome. Never caught it on the television, but we owned all the DVDs. Lord of the Beans was peak cinema. lol

Context? Absolutely.
I don't remember the exact episode or even the details in full but in one of them, Dora's backpack strap broke or the backpack got somewhat injured somehow. The backpack started crying if I recall, and I had the strange fear that my backpack would break and start crying. For that reason, I refused to wear backpacks at school and I'd use just a drawstring bag. The one I was using was sturdy so the material didn't rip.

I obviously have a backpack now for traveling purposes so there was a point in time I had gotten over it. Just not sure when.

Last edited:
As a very young kid/toddler, I was a big fan of Blue's Clues, The Big Comfy Couch, and Sesame Street.
Then as a kid/preteen it was Pokemon, Hamtaro, Ruby Gloom, Spongebob, Arthur, Digimon, Sonic X, The Amanda Show, The Powerpuff Girls, Clifford Puppy Days.

Those are some that come to mind.

I had quite a few shows that I really enjoyed watching when I was younger, I know it's going to sound like I watched a lot of TV and maybe I did but it was in moderation for the most part and it was always at night during dinner time or Saturday morning cartoons. Here are the shows I loved as a kid (even now as an adult I will still watch them.)

1. Rugrats
2. Hey Arnold
3. Ahh! Real Monsters
4. Sailor Moon
5. Xena Warrior Princess
6. Doug
7. Pokemon
8. Ed, Edd and Eddy
9. Kablaam
10. Are you afraid of the dark?
11. Ren and Stimpy
12. Little Bear
13. Franklin
14. Sesame Street (I watched it until I was in 1st grade)
15. The Muppets
16. Power Rangers (also watched until 2nd grade)
17. The Wild Thornberrys
18. As Told by Ginger

When I was really young, I learned how to tell time on our wall clock because everyday at 3:30 He-Man came on. I LOVED that show. However I saw it again recently and wow was it horrible haha

As I got older my favorite was Rocko's Modern Life
Post automatically merged:

My parents didn’t let me watch Cartoon Network (for some reason)

My parents were the same way (for some reason). Not Cartoon Network, but I remember they were adamant that me and my brothers were not allowed to watch ThunderCats. I asked them why a while back and they don't remember.

They later let us watch Ren and Stimpy. I can't imagine ThunderCats was worse than that for kids!

Last edited:
Related to this thread. Remind you of anyone?

acnhbigbluehouse.jpg

I don't remember the exact episode or even the details in full but in one of them, Dora's backpack strap broke or the backpack got somewhat injured somehow. The backpack started crying if I recall, and I had the strange fear that my backpack would break and start crying. For that reason, I refused to wear backpacks at school and I'd use just a drawstring bag. The one I was using was sturdy so the material didn't rip.

I obviously have a backpack now for traveling purposes so there was a point in time I had gotten over it. Just not sure when.
Speaking of creepy kid show moments, I remember watching Between the Lions for the only time. Some weird puppet man showed up and started making weird faces so I screamed and ran out of the room. I put my covers over my head and didn’t come out until my grandpa came over. (For a surprise visit?) I got a Happy meal and then swung on my swingset until I calmed down lol.

Needless to say, I found that show terrifying and never watched it again lol.

There are A LOT of shows I grew up watching, young, and teenage years. It's just choosing the best and most shows I remember viewing as a kid XD

1. Animalia (Trailer & Opening)
p191975_b_h10_ac.jpg

A fun, loving adventure show, where - if my memory is correct - they get stuck there, but help the animals, whom can talk, wear clothes and have jobs. There is a lil' mystery and such as well, and it's also the reason why I love Alli the villager, due to a character from the show:
download.jpeg
Love her~

No.2 The Sparticle Mystery: (Season 1 Trailer)

MV5BYWI0OWZiMWItYzFlZC00NGE3LWFlY2ItNGRiNzIwNWE1YjhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM5NDQzNTk@._V1_.jpg

I wish the trailer said it like 'What would you do if all the adults disappeared?' Because that is basically what happens in the show. I think I loved a lot of seeing all the different kids coming together and making their own groups, base on stuff they enjoyed or was more benefical in doing. I think this show had like three seasons? It was one of the shows I grew up on, where I actively saw more disability in TV.

No.3 Dinosaur King (Trailer)
AAAABYIfewmAoT49RakwemZQCPD4rDuSlM6aeVnyPlS9hFEGXlpn5WNEQYy--5xeJE2zLvF1F-qn8p0XuOxmQYGPiWNwlh...jpg

Definitely something I watched as much as I could on TV, every morning before school. I was super into Dinosaurs at the time, still can be, just need to pick it up again, And it was just super fun to watch; see the plot twists and emotional episodes. Rex was my favourite. I even have the DS game of it still, which is super fun to try out different dinosaurs~

No.4 Freefonix (Opening & Ending)
MV5BYWFjNzk4YjQtODBiOS00NWQ3LTlkN2EtOWMwOTEwNjE0NmMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzYwODI2MzE@._V1_.jpg

Some would say the animation may be a bit meh, but it looked quite cool on some characters, and either way the main point of this show was the songs, which they definitely nailed it~! All the songs are masterpieces, it's insane how cool and loved the futuristic changes were in this show.
The greatest news, you can find the whole set of songs on youtube~

Which funnily enough, I think you could find them all on youtube? The whole episodes I mean. Which is a grand time to spend for myself XD
Theres definitely more, but I wanted to point out certain ones that may not have been heard of as much?

The best show that I watched as a kid was definitely Avatar: The Last Airbender. Looking forward to the Netflix live-adaptation next month!
Yeah the show was great. Hopefully the live series tries it best to stay true to the adaption and not go and do its own thing like Night did.

I came along in the 80s and recall loving The Real Ghostbusters. I'd also watch Inspector Gadget, Thundercats, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Garfield & Friends, and others. In the 90s, I used to ask my mom to wake me up an hour earlier so I could watch Garfield & Friends weekdays before school.

I used to watch a lot of Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and PBS Kids. I shows I remember in particular were:
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Dora the Explorer
  • Austin and Ally
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Special Agent Oso
  • Yo Gabba Gabba!
  • The Fairly OddParents
  • iCarly
  • Victorious
  • Bubble Guppies
  • Max and Ruby
  • Super Why!
  • Caillou
  • Barney & Friends
  • The Wiggles
  • Henry Danger
  • Arthur
  • Curious George
  • Sesame Street
When I stepped into the Internet community for the first time through Scratch, I met some people there who hated on baby shows for no reason. I kind of joined them at some point because I thought it was cool, but it got old after a while. Not sure why they would do that anyway. Let me know if you want an example.

To name a few, not in any order:
- Wubbzy
- Lalaloopsy (Still love this dearly)
- PPG (1998)
- Animaniacs (Still love this dearly)
- Tom and Jerry
- Flintstones
- Backyardigans
- Blue's Clues

My favorites were: Max and Ruby, Little Bear, Franklin, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Zaboomafoo, Cat Dog, Rugrats, Ed, Ed, N' Eddy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I also have always loved animals and spent a lot of time watching Animal Planet. I really loved Meerkat Manor, but would happily watch just about anything on there.

My favorite childhood show was probably Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers (the one with Kimberly, Trini, Zack, Jason, Billy & the dinosaur robots). I also like cartoons like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Dexter’s Laboratory, Rugrats, to name a few.

Middle School Years: Sailor Moon though I never admitted it even to myself since when we rented movies from the a video rental store, and my sister and/or dad saw that, they were like, “ you watch THAT?” like it was a bad thing ( i think something to do with the fact they think anime is the same as cartoons and for kids only). Tenchi Muyo when it was still on Cartoon Network. It is still one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Back