• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Scavenging Race (Crews 3 & 4)

pandapples

sincerely
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
5934-9073-6701
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
sr.png

How are your adventures and explorations of outer space? The planetary findings, mysterious containers, and necessities for survival are all found in The Cargo Hold. As you all know we're collecting items to make our way back home and find Gulliver. I found these voice messages from him from this Communicator in The Cargo Hold, but it's bit hard to hear. I think there is a clue to getting back home.

⬜⬜llo? Ca⬜ ⬜⬜⬜ ⬜e⬜r me?

⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜. It's urge⬜⬜!!!!

Retr⬜⬜⬜e ⬜⬜⬜⬜!!!​

The voice communication cuts off here. It sounds important though. We'll have to make contact with Gulliver another way. Let's get our old text Communicator up and running so we can grab what we need from The Cargo Hold ASAP! But first we'll need to find the parts...

Task 🏁

A list will be transmitted in this thread at the specified times below. Both quarters in The Cargo Hold will compete to complete the list of prompts first. Be prepared to scavenge! And maybe do some odd jobs too...? You will work together in your team's personal thread within your quarters to complete the request list in real-life and prepare them for the captains of The Lopez.

Scavenging List Release Schedule

Round #Start DateEnd Date
1 - POST HERETuesday, August 8 @ 9 PM EDTThursday, August 10 @ 9 PM EDT
2 - POST HEREFriday, August 11 @ 12 PM EDTSunday, August 13 @ 12 PM EDT
3 - POST HERESunday, August 13 @ 6 PM EDTTuesday, August 15 @ 6 PM EDT

Rules 🏁

• You must include your TBT username in the photo with your item.
    • ROUND 3 NEW REQUIREMENT: Must include the date on the name card
  • The photo must clearly display the item without any blur or question of what is in the photo.
  • You cannot craft the item unless otherwise stated.
    • If the item is a calendar, you cannot draw a 30-day calendar on a piece of paper and submit it as a calendar.
  • Only one photo per item in the final submission.
  • For the final submission, each item on the list must be submitted by a unique crew member from your quarters.
    • If your photo was chosen for your team for Round 1, you can still participate and submit photos for Round 2.
    • You can post as many photos as you want on your personal team thread, but the official submission post must have only unique members for each item!
  • The faster team that has submitted the most approved items from the prompt by the deadline will be the winner.
  • Teams must submit at least 80% of the items to be considered as task completed.
  • You cannot edit your submission post once it has been submitted in this thread.

How to Submit 🏁

• Once your team has collected the scavenged items, delegate one person from your team to submit the list to this thread for review.
  • The submitted post must have the items in the same order as they are written on the task list. Please use example format below:

Round # - Team Name

1. Name of item
    [insert image]
  2. Name of item
    [insert image]
  3. Name of item
    [insert image]
etc

Prizes 🏁

• Participation: 5 Mission Tokens and 6 Cargo Tokens per round upon task completion.
  • Team Bonus: 100 Points per round to the team who had the highest number of correct items. In the event of a tie, whichever team submitted the fastest is the winner.

Frequently Asked Questions 🏁

• Does X count as Y?
Captains will not be available at all times to answers these type of questions as they come in. Since this is a race, it is highly suggested to not use ambiguous options as your submission. The whole quarters is at your disposal, please have all hands on deck!
  • Who receives participation?
Everyone on the team receives participation even if they do not submit a photo as long as they have been active in Space Camp.
  • Can our team resubmit our entry?
Resubmissions are not allowed unless approved by a staff member.

Feel free to ask any questions below & good luck! 👾

Last edited:
It's only a race if it's easy to get 100% of the scavenger hunt. If it's a tricky scavenger hunt, then it will become a matter of who can get the tricky items =)

How are the participation points awarded? Is it for providing a photo of the item(s) in the team thread, or only for being chosen in the final submission?

How are the participation points awarded? Is it for providing a photo of the item(s) in the team thread, or only for being chosen in the final submission?

All members from the team receive participation. I believe anyone who has joined Moon Bunnies but has never interacted with Space Camp at all won't receive anything though.

ROUND 1

The Communicator is all jumbled. I think this is what Gulliver is asking for, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to use these?! Let's quickly grab them from the cargo for now and aim for a minimum of 12 from this list.
  1. Motorized shopping cart
  2. Bagel
  3. Speakers
  4. Printer ink cartridge
  5. Fire extinguisher
  6. Flip-flops
  7. Skincare face mask
  8. Music sheet
  9. Frozen food in its packaging (minimum 3)
  10. Dual shower head (fixed and handheld)
  11. Living feathery or scaly animal
  12. Newspaper
  13. Christmas wreath
  14. Checkers board with the pieces in play
  15. Picnic table
International Space Cetacean please head to the west division, and Moon Bunnies please head to the east division of The Cargo Hold. Report back here before Thursday, August 10 @ 9 PM EDT with your findings!

Round 1 - International Space Cetacean

1. Motorized shopping cart
    mRQdUGU.jpg
  2. Bagel
    aqUoAeH.jpg
  3. Speakers
    lwUwJW0.jpg
  4. Printer ink cartridge
    AMn8bn1.jpg
  5. Fire extinguisher
    f7488SW.jpg
  6. Flip-flops
    F4nLSa0.jpg
  7. Skincare face mask
    Vuk5zMd.jpg
  8. Music sheet
    wZgfvHo.jpg
  9. Frozen food in its packaging (minimum 3)
    8gtbvEb.jpg
  10. Dual shower head (fixed and handheld)
    CS1ZqJ0.jpg
  11. Living feathery or scaly animal
    ssExIVv.jpg
  12. Newspaper
    XnSDWOI.jpg
  13. Christmas wreath
    uwct37u.jpg
  14. Checkers board with the pieces in play
    IaKbG1S.jpg
  15. Picnic table
    qONzN6D.jpg

round #1 - moon bunnies

2. bagel
IMG_2673.jpeg

4. printer ink cartridge
IMG_2669.jpeg

5. fire extinguisher
IMG_2675.jpeg

6. flip-flops
IMG_2667.jpeg

7. skincare face mask
IMG_2656.jpeg

8. music sheet

IMG_2674.jpeg

10. dual shower head (fixed and handheld)
IMG_2661.jpeg

11. living feather or scaly animal
IMG_2666.jpeg

12. newspaper

IMG_2663.jpeg

13. christmas wreath
IMG_2670.jpeg

14. checkers board with the pieces in play
IMG_2668.jpeg

15. picnic table

IMG_2665.jpeg

That's so funny I recognized some packaging, isn't blueberry muffins with that bag of bagels? No name brand, 24heures.ca newspaper, everything written in English and French. I think we have all a little something in common.

Oh come on. That's unfair for other timezones. I literally just woke up and it's already over before I even got a chance to do anything. Yes, I am mad. It's no fun if I am punished for living in the "wrong" timezone 🙄
Same honestly. I also think many of our active members have a different time zone xD Well time to lose.

The next two times are different so you can try then instead if you wanna be around
Not really they are all times I can't attend :) 6 am and 12 pm for me. Honestly I am also tired of competitions where we don't stand a chance so it's all good. I wish both teams best of luck ofc 🤍

Back