• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Scariest gaming moments

The piano in that one ghost house in Kirby Triple Deluxe startled me the first time I played that level. I understood that Kirby was being attacked by possessed household items but I did not expect to see another Piano trying to eat another video game protagonist especially in something as cute as Kirby.
That’s actually not that bad by Kirby standards

The piano in that one ghost house in Kirby Triple Deluxe startled me the first time I played that level. I understood that Kirby was being attacked by possessed household items but I did not expect to see another Piano trying to eat another video game protagonist especially in something as cute as Kirby.
Yep that thing still scares me.....

maxresdefault-1.jpg

If you know, you know.

Definitely when playing Shin Megami Tensei IV. Some of the things in that game really creeped me out...

Minecraft Xbox one edition
Listened to Disc 11 on tutorial world
Immediately after a cave sound played
I got off that game faster than Usain Bolt can run

When I was a child the freaking ocarina of time forest and shadow temple hands. I am still screaming like a kid when they are approaching. Really a trauma from childhood lol

When I was a child/early teen, OOT was a horrifying game to me. The redeads scared me so much. Even the music of the darker dungeons scared the heck out of me and I had to turn the volume down. LOL

TP's Arbiter Grounds scares me still. The Gibdos are much higher detailed than the redeads and yikes.

When I go further into game development, I would try to break the record on how scary games would be, at least for an E game or E10+ game. I have some pretty scary ideas.

As for the games I played, any game where you go inside caves have scared me, especially the ones where you see red eyes in the shadows. Oh, and in A Hat in Time, Queen Vanessa’s Manor was the most extreme a 3D platformer can get to.

This is going to sound silly but I feel a bit uneasy about a Pokemon song. The one that plays in the Old Chateau (for those who don't know, it's a haunted mansion with random appearances of ghost people.) in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
The Old Chateau itself doesn't scare me. This song got reused at the cave you find Giratina in. Giratina and the confusing maze cave don't scare me either.
It's actually all because of a little glitch.
So, in Diamond & Pearl, the music also played right outside of the cave. Sometimes if you used your bike or the Pokeradar out there, which normally changes the music, there would be no music at all. I found that extremely unsettling for some reason. They "fixed" this in Platinum by simply changing what song played outside the cave. By hacking (or anything else unintended), you can easily find out the song is still broken.
So yeah, I'm creeped out by this one spooky song because it had the added bonus of being broken and making everything silent (except sound effects).

running out of resources in the original resident evil 4 and having a 3 hour pistol fight with the stupid giants

I think the "creepy" moments that I would like to share is the train noises you hear at the boss stages in Splatoon 1 and 2. It's when you hear it before heading down to the boss arena itself. The yelling along with the train tracks is just unverving. But Splatoon lore is pretty dark so there's that.

Till this day, no one knows where the sounds come from. But people are making theories that it might be either the octarians losing the source of energy or what is happening in Octo Expansion (since Octo Expansion had trains).

Another creepy moment is the Earthbound's final boss as a whole. The fact that it looks pretty out of place in contrast to the cutesy aesthetic that Earthbound has just threw me off. Especially by 1995 standards, before indie games took inspiration from games like Earthbound (of course).

There are some insanely underrated actually good horror games on Roblox. Games like Doors and Specter and the like are not that bad, but things like Apeirophobia, It Lurks, and The Mimic are fantastic!
Almost peed my pants when playing It Lurks a couple of years ago.

Back