Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall don't even know what a real scammer is

All_3_eds.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe I read all of that lmao

edit: SO MANY PEOPLE ARE LIKING THIS WTF

Last edited:
Also, for the people saying that negative ratings should stay forever, you have to take into account people that will give out false negatives for whatever reason. So having them stick regardless could cause just as many problems as it'd solve, if not more.

Also, for the people saying that negative ratings should stay forever, you have to take into account people that will give out false negatives for whatever reason. So having them stick regardless could cause just as many problems as it'd solve, if not more.

Well, I think what people were truly aggravated about was the fact that their negative ratings were taken off without them even knowing. If you get a false negative rating, and you can prove it, then you should talk to a mod about it getting taken down. But, until then, the rating should stay there.

Last edited:
well if someone gives out a false negative for something stupid or an accident, then it's understandable that they'd be removed
but.............if someone has scammed/stolen/etc and has had the negative ratings removed with no warnings or reprocussions whatsoever, then there's really no point to the negative rating option is there????
maybe i misunderstood you but i disagree

well if someone gives out a false negative for something stupid or an accident, then it's understandable that they'd be removed
but.............if someone has scammed/stolen/etc and has had the negative ratings removed with no warnings or reprocussions whatsoever, then there's really no point to the negative rating option is there????
Real talk.

Well, I think what people were truly aggravated about was the fact that their negative ratings were taken off without them even knowing. If you get a false negative rating, and you can prove it, then you should talk to a mod about it getting taken down. But, until then, the rating should stay there.

Yeah, the system for removal could certainly be improved it seems. Though, and this isn't an excuse to its problems, its an unfortunate fact that this system will always have flaws and staff will make errors regardless. They do try their best, but of course their judgement won't be 100% accurate always. For the users that have had did get the negative feedback they left removed, best thing i can think of to do is contact one of the staff members about it while also providing evidence to support you being scammed.

I'm just saying that having negative ratings be permanent regardless is a very flawed way of thinking. There's better ways to improve the system than using what's basically a double-edged sword.

Do the neg ratings get manually removed by someone or do they get phased out like old infractions and stuff? The latter would make sense to me after a long period of time. Six months or so, idk. People can learn their lessons. That doesn't appear to be the case with whatever happened this weekend, but yeah. /shrug

If they're being manually removed I don't see the reason behind that at all.

I can't imagine the mods just remove ratings on a whim. If they aren't sure that the person scammed, they're in full right to remove.

Also, without hard evidence, how are you able to tell who really got scammed and who's just lying about it? That's where the problem in this thinking lies. That simply anyone could claim to be scammed regardless of the actual situation if staff left all of them without review.

Hi so I don't really know entirely what's going on here. The craziness in here seems to have calmed down a bit now so for the time being I will keep it open for any civil discussion. I'm pretty sure I know who most of this is referring to as I briefly heard about it this weekend. Of course as you all know, we've been busy maintaining the previously ongoing event. Now that is over and done with, we'll take a closer look into this. I intend to make a longer post later or tomorrow when I've read everything and have more information from others. In response to some posts in here though, it needs to be understood that it's never as simple as "ok someone said they got scammed, perma ban now!".

EDIT: Reading LambdaDelta's recent posts above me, they've mostly summed up most of what my post would probably say. A "never remove ratings" policy is simply not practical for reasons they've pointed out. We have and do remove ratings on occasion. That said, I'll still be posting to clear up some parts of this particular instance.

Last edited:
Do the neg ratings get manually removed by someone or do they get phased out like old infractions and stuff? The latter would make sense to me after a long period of time. Six months or so, idk. People can learn their lessons. That doesn't appear to be the case with whatever happened this weekend, but yeah. /shrug

Pretty sure they stay, but I'm not 100% sure.

At the very least though, they do last a while. Far more than even six months I believe.

Pretty sure it works like this: When you look at your wi-fi rating on your profile, it has the one month, six months, 12 months thing, but then it also has the total members that left feedback, positive ratings, negative ratings, etc. If a rating is more than 12 months old, it'll show as 0 in the obvious month columns, but it'll still appear in the total negative ratings, and you can look back through the comments to find it.

You also have to consider the percentage level. If, for example, you have 3 good ratings and 1 bad rating, your % will be 75%. But if you have 99 good ratings and 1 bad rating, your % will be 99%. Eventually, if you get enough good ratings, I can see that bad rating being bumped off if it rounds.

I'm just going from experience, if I'm wrong in my assumptions feel free to correct me. :)

Hi so I don't really know entirely what's going on here. The craziness in here seems to have calmed down a bit now so for the time being I will keep it open for any civil discussion. I'm pretty sure I know who most of this is referring to as I briefly heard about it this weekend. Of course as you all know, we've been busy maintaining the previously ongoing event. Now that is over and done with, we'll take a closer look into this. I intend to make a longer post later or tomorrow when I've read everything and have more information from others. In response to some posts in here though, it needs to be understood that it's never as simple as "ok someone said they got scammed, perma ban now!".

EDIT: Reading LambdaDelta's recent posts above me, they've mostly summed up most of what my post would probably say. A "never remove ratings" policy is simply not practical for reasons they've pointed out. That said, I'll still be posting to clear up some parts of this particular instance.

Thank you Justin. I don't know when there will be a month where the site is conflict free. March was argument month, and April was scam month.

I can't imagine the mods just remove ratings on a whim. If they aren't sure that the person scammed, they're in full right to remove.

Also, without hard evidence, how are you able to tell who really got scammed and who's just lying about it? That's where the problem in this thinking lies. That simply anyone could claim to be scammed regardless of the actual situation if staff left all of them without review.

thats my issue... what if a group of people like gangs up on someone and lies that they scammed them? S: then what? idk this whole thing is difficult. i think part of why it takes so long is bc you need a lot of proof since people can lie all over the place.

Thank you Justin. I don't know when there will be a month where the site is conflict free. March was argument month, and April was scam month.

You know it's like 7 days into the month right?

Conflict is not inherently bad. I was already vaguely aware of this circumstance here, but thanks to this thread receiving attention, I've been alerted to it more. It's not always a bad thing.

Somehow I imagine the only possible chance of that happening would be the month after the site gets shut down, simply because there wouldn't be any site to have drama on.

Seems we get drama on a regular basis now lel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back