• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Renn's Fingerpaint Art! 👉👈

Renn, that looks soo beautiful! I love the details you did! Also, your chibis are so cute, especially in their own way. 😍
That means so much thank you! 🥺
I'm still experimenting with bits and pieces of what I do and don't like; for example, I stole the peg legs from @Aquilla's style, instead of drawing shoes, lol. And I'm still trying to figure out if I want a defined nose or if it's better to just stick on a dot and hint that there is a nose with shading.

Are trade with @Aquilla ! Click for full-size image.

I was toying with the perspective tools in Procreate. They are not bad, but the result is still not quite what I was expecting.
I also tried some post-processing with the colors to try to give a more sunset feel, but I'm worried it looks too yellow and like... Jaundice-y. hahhaha

Some of my favorite deets:

The bouquet!
View attachment 376655
I don't know how @airysuit makes such lovely floral pieces without going insane. What a struggle!

The eye-lights!
View attachment 376656
I've been seeing lots of chibis with irregular (star or heart shaped highlights) in their eyes, and I think I'm gonna make this a thing, even if it's not realistic.

Peekaboo! Your custom drink machine is cute and I should've put it in front of the snack machine:
View attachment 376657

Also, I started with the Tetris path and it was a sign I was procrastinating like the Spongebob episode...
View attachment 376658
Renn, this is everything. I had several little laughs while reading your caption - I had no idea you would go ahead and actually include every detail of my island! It's stunning and I'll probably print this and hang it up in my room. It captured my rep, my favourite villager and the vibe of my island so, so well! The sheer detail blows my mind. Once again thank you sooo much for this wonderful piece of art 🥺 💜

The bouquet!
View attachment 376655
I don't know how @airysuit makes such lovely floral pieces without going insane. What a struggle!
Hihi thanks for the shout out! It really can be a struggle haha and although i love flowers and love drawing them and all their colors, there have been a buttload of pens flying through my house whenever I drew flowers 😅

Yours look great tho! ♥️

Ah, we bid a fond farewell to the TBTWC. I really challenged myself to try and animate my flag for the last cheer:
Froggy-Chair-Flag-Animation.gif

Again, all of my art cheers were posted in this folder: https://ibb.co/album/5gZGyk

But my favorites were probably Scoot

and Boots dabbing

What a great time!

Although my life is a bit messy at the moment, I have been destressing by drawing objects for my Hinadan project, so I can finally call it complete and done with the last doll-- before opening my shop.

A couple of my faves:

Look at this derpy ox figurine!
1622430572371.png

And this rice cooker was made purely from painting shapes (meaning I made no sketches or lineart or really any structure):
1622430668464.png

I've been trying to push myself to make lineless art and learn to really paint, but it's hard to let go of the crutch of color dropping (basically paint bucket) into existing lineart without having to work extra to select the paint area. Call me lazy.

And after painting this Kagami Mochi, I am really craving some mochi. I wish I lived in an area that had better Asian confectioners.
1622431033672.png

Although my life is a bit messy at the moment, I have been destressing by drawing objects for my Hinadan project, so I can finally call it complete and done with the last doll-- before opening my shop.

A couple of my faves:

Look at this derpy ox figurine!
View attachment 378620

And this rice cooker was made purely from painting shapes (meaning I made no sketches or lineart or really any structure):
View attachment 378623
I've been trying to push myself to make lineless art and learn to really paint, but it's hard to let go of the crutch of color dropping (basically paint bucket) into existing lineart without having to work extra to select the paint area. Call me lazy.

And after painting this Kagami Mochi, I am really craving some mochi. I wish I lived in an area that had better Asian confectioners.
View attachment 378624

Those turned out so adorable! You art is so fantastic! 😊 I am so amazed by all the different styles and subjects you can do and the detail. I want mochi now too 😅. I think I had mochi once (or something similar to it) and I have wanted to try it again.

can you draw my avatar with flick heres my avatar for refrence View attachment 378710 and can i wear a pink dress and do i pay?
In really honored you want to buy my art! I'm opening an art store soon, but there are a few people in front of you in line for art. I'll ping you when I'm ready to take your order!

In really honored you want to buy my art! I'm opening an art store soon, but there are a few people in front of you in line for art. I'll ping you when I'm ready to take your order!

Hi! Sorry for bothering you again! I had no idea you were adding people to the pinglist or how yo get added. I was afraid to ask you earlier considering your circumstances. Any chance I could be added to your pinglist as well? It’s okay if not :); please take care of yourself and your family first. I have your thread watched just in case. Sorry if this was inconsiderate of me ><.

Hi! Sorry for bothering you again! I had no idea you were adding people to the pinglist or how yo get added. I was afraid to ask you earlier considering your circumstances. Any chance I could be added to your pinglist as well? It’s okay if not :); please take care of yourself and your family first. I have your thread watched just in case. Sorry if this was inconsiderate of me ><.
I would be overjoyed to make art for you! Psh, you're not a bother at all.
I missed your birthday, aghhhh.

I would be overjoyed to make art for you! Psh, you're not a bother at all.
I missed your birthday, aghhhh.

Thanks so much! I just was worried since I know right now there are so much other things that must be on your mind, so I just didn’t want to hurt you or be rude by asking. I also usually have trouble reading moods but I am trying hard to be considerate.

Oh don’t worry about it. I had a lot of fun seeing your art during the tournament 😊. Presents are never needed. :)

After a series of strange events, both IRL and on TBT, I've decided to go ahead and open my Art Bakery: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/now-open-renns-art-bakery-o-art-trade-rlc-ping-tbt.593002/

I was originally waiting to complete my Hina Ningyo project, but the last doll is in limbo awaiting sketch approval (and I sincerely hope the requester is alright).

I also wanted to have some cute bakery graphics for each of my art bakery tiers. Here are some of my favorites:

Inspired by @clownpapa I totally ship Dr. Shrunk and Isabelle now, too. Hahaha they make such good wedding cake standees.

This Redd "Mystery Muffin" would be so cute IRL.

And in the spirit of seeing images on toast, some TImmy-Tommy toast.

And this pet food bowl made me realize that I like signing my art in cursive. It looks so stylish compared to my childish print.

And this garden wagon was laborious, but I love tulips, so it was a must have.

I recently visited my parents and found my old sketchbook full of fanart, OC designs, and cringy poetry...
Prepare for a very low res sketchbook tour, lol!

The first image (December 9. 2001):

Shiva from Final Fantasy X (December 29, 2002):

Some early costume designs (January 28, 2005):

I think I started reading LOTR or R. A. Salvatore at this point:

Looks like Twilight Princess Link and Zelda (October 18, 2005):

Serious HP trio (June 30, 2007):

Blood-bender Katara (November 9, 2007):

I don't really post in this thread as much anymore, because I rarely make art outside of my TBT Art Bakery shop, but I think this is a good place to talk about process and inspiration and not just the final product.

I am very excited to be working on the project I have right now (I'm not going to ping the client, but she will likely see this anyway, lol). I am a big fan of Alphonse Mucha, who made multiple series of posters aligned with a theme -- see The Seasons, The Flowers, The Precious Stones, etc. I have been trying to improve my florals and clothing folds, anyway.

See WIP screenshot below, inspired by Mucha's "The Rose":

I need to learn more patience. I have a bad habit of submitting things excitedly only to realize a major error upon a second glance. 😅 🙃

Here is my first Instagram dtiys:

The original image is by Ross Tran of RossDraws:
1627693634706.png

I have to put in more practice, but I'm proud of actually attempting something instead of dismissing it as too "out of my league". FIGHTING SPIRIT! 💪🔥
At the same time, HOLY COW, the entries are AMAZING: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bloom2dtiys/

Back