Mafia Remove this, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a rule to have two hosts every game?

Actually two hosts tend to mess things up even more if there isn't good communication. We've seen it happen before with the first ever Mini Mafia game.

Yeah @ FireNinja1. :L

##Vote: Karen

Last edited:
Actually two hosts tend to mess things up even more if there isn't good communication. We've seen it happen before with the first ever Mini Mafia game. =P

personally that was part of the problem tbh

It looks like a similar issue with MM1 where the hosts didn't really communicate and coordinate with each other.

This was the absolute downfall of MMI; FoxWolf and I had 2 miscommunications. I'm going to have to be against this one.

Then we can have two people who will work well together, especially for first-time hosts. You know, veterans who can do Day/Night posts if the other host can't.

I think we should attempt to set up Mafia games in a certain way and style before posting. You know, get feedback before the post is made on template and coordination with others. Roles are kind of up to you and you'll just have to make sure they work well with each other.

Last edited:
Then we can have two people who will work well together, especially for first-time hosts. You know, veterans who can do Day/Night posts if the other host can't.

Well it did work well for hosts like: Me & Tom + KarlaKGB & River. I just think one host in general is a better idea. 8D Even if it means sometimes the Night / Day posts are postponed a while.

Actually two hosts tend to mess things up even more if there isn't good communication. We've seen it happen before with the first ever Mini Mafia game.

Yeah @ FireNinja1. :L

##Vote: Karen

Yes. I would've been able to help more like I originally thought when I told Prin I'd help her host, but something came up the day after and needed up going back to my sisters house~ which visiting over there keeps me busy 24/7 :|

That's also why I haven't put much effort into AC mafia recently

I think part of the problem is that this game feels just kind of rushed? There were typos in the OP, PM's were sent right away, things didn't really seem to be double checked.

Prin: Was there a double RB problem or something? Or any other unshared problems for that matter?

No, no double roleblock problem. It's just something I never made clear.
I needed to double-check things.

I think part of the problem is that this game feels just kind of rushed? There were typos in the OP, PM's were sent right away, things didn't really seem to be double checked.

Prin: Was there a double RB problem or something? Or any other unshared problems for that matter?

Absolutely this. I totally agree.

With regards to the double roleblock thing, I don't think it was a big deal. If you didn't explicitly say that a player couldn't be roleblocked twice in a row, then it's perfectly acceptable for that to happen.

I wasn't amazed with the lack of proper day and night posts either. Not enough time was spent with the game, unfortunately :(

I think the main downfall here was simply the lack of communication, coordination and organization. If Prin is busy with school and Lunatic is at sister's house, then neither person can post a Day/Night post and things end up being slow, and the players have nothing to do but wait. That's not the problem, however. It was mainly with Prin and Lunatic's communication. If Prin knew she had something important, then she should notify Lunatic to see what they have going on, and how they can keep the game going. That's when people like me, who have no lives, come in handy. In a host, you need that time to run the game, and, if no time is avaliable, a friend who can run the game for you until your schedule is cleared up a little more.

BlueLeaf said:

This is also something that concerns the organization. There is 24 hours in a Night phase and 48 hours in a Day phase - use them wisely! Double-checking all the votes, PMs and actions is important for a good game. After all, you don't want to accidentally kill a player, reveal their role, and find out that you killed the wrong player and now their role is revealed. If you go a little over 24 hours, that's okay. If you make sure all kills are correct, the players won't mind a little delay of an hour or two. After all, it beats getting the post in on time but the kills are wrong.

All in all, the attempt was good. But a little more planning was needed before this happened, and if a little more time goes into pre-game, things will turn out better.

AWWW :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and I was Godfather btw. Shame, I really would have liked to do something with that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

WAIT KIT WAS SCUM KIT RETURNED TOWNIE ON MY ROLECHECK...HOW IS SHE TEH GODFATHER?!

Heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back