• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Salmon Run Mafia (Splatoon-themed) {signups closed, game about to start}

droqen

pixel artist videogame maker occasional fun haver
Bells
Switch
1071-4834-8329
Silent Night Bauble
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Green Moon Jellyfish
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Green Christmas Stocking
246px-Mr-grizz.png

GO GET ME SOME GOLDEN EGGS!

Whether you're a squid or a kid (or a salmonid in disguise), this Splatoon-themed game of Mafia is the game for you! (You'll probably have more fun if you have experience with Splatoon, but it's not required) In case this is your first time here, or if you just need a refresher on how to conduct yourself, please check out the Guidelines for TBT Mafia thread. Lately there have been a lot of Mountainous games -- Mafia games without abilities -- and while I've really been enjoying those (they are very pure, distilled experiences of deduction. and also stress) I wanted to play around with some weird Splatoon-themed abilities, so I'm gonna do just that!

If you are really new to Mafia, click on the below spoiler:
BABY GUIDE TO MAFIA.

Some amount of people are randomly selected to be mafia, and some are randomly selected to be town.

When you’re town your goal is to vote out all the mafia, when you’re mafia your goal is to murder the town.

Every day you vote for one person and the majority dies.

Everyone has a cool superpower that they might want to keep hidden, or they can use to help find the mafia.

Mafia also has cool items to help them win. The most important thing you can do is talk at least a few times each day. You can ask people questions, interrogate them, or pretend you’re playing a different, probably better game!

If you’re worried about playing badly, don’t. The goal is literally to have fun. (And win I guess.) So don’t ruin anyone's fun or I will ruin you.

* Past games have been 8-10 players with mafia teams 2-3 players strong, so I've been imagining that scale of game, but we'll see how much interest there is! I'd like 10, but will run with 8 or 9 if that's all we have.

salmon_run-png.379272

INKLINGS/OCTOLINGS (players)
1. @b100ming
2. @Ghost2008
3. @Miss Misty
4. @BetsySundrop
5. @shawo
6. @shellbell
7. @Caffline
8. @Elundor
9. @tessa.

OBS
@Geoni
@Neurotiker
@Sidney

SUBS/REPLACEMENTS
** if you'd like to sign up as a substitute player, let me know! **
@Damniel
@Sheep Villager
Oops, I accidentally pressed send somehow before I was ready. Well, I guess you can start signing up now! I don't think there will be anything out of the ordinary in the rules, and I'm still putting together flavour stuff :')

ADDITIONAL INFO/RULES

• Day phases will be 48 hours long and night phases will be 24 hours long, with EoD and SoD at 7PM EST.
  • Player roles and abilities will likely be unknown to anyone except the person with the ability (closed setup), but there might be some shared knowledge (semi-closed setup, more information forthcoming)
  • If you're a newbie that's OK! All you really need is to make an attempt to be active. Try to keep up with the thread, and post your informed opinion every "day phase" (48-hour period). However...
  • Inactive players who don't make at least one reasonably substantial post each day phase will be replaced. (Multiple smaller posts are also ok.) If you decide you can't/don't want to keep up, let me know and you can also be replaced by a substitute player.
  • I'm planning to start this Thursday, December 9 Friday, December 10, at 7PM EST.

Last edited:
/in

Gonna use my psychic powers this game... 😂

(..which I don't actually have, so maybe the luck gods will help a little, ha ha)....

What time do you plan to have EOD/SOD?

December is a bit busy for me so I won't hop in just yet. Going to keep an eye on this thread and join if my personal life (+eod) allows it.

The temptation of getting a special ability/role is real though.

What time do you plan to have EOD/SOD?

December is a bit busy for me so I won't hop in just yet. Going to keep an eye on this thread and join if my personal life (+eod) allows it.

The temptation of getting a special ability/role is real though.

Oh very good question. I'd like to pick a time that allows everyone to be there relatively comfortably but I haven't been paying enough attention to time zones. For me, something like 2-3PM EST would be great, but that's smack-dab in the middle of school days, work days, etc. I think Ness' 9PM was good, so for now i'll say 9 PM EST, with a 48h-24h cycle.

If I figure out a way for everyone to have an ability I'll be very happy

I'm assuming it's going to be a closed setup where we don't know the possible roles/abilities besides our own?

Yes, I think that's the plan right now! It might change, I really enjoyed Geoni's and Ness' semi-known information setups.

Oh very good question. I'd like to pick a time that allows everyone to be there relatively comfortably but I haven't been paying enough attention to time zones. For me, something like 2-3PM EST would be great, but that's smack-dab in the middle of school days, work days, etc. I think Ness' 9PM was good, so for now i'll say 9 PM EST, with a 48h-24h cycle.

If I figure out a way for everyone to have an ability I'll be very happy

Yes, I think that's the plan right now! It might change, I really enjoyed Geoni's and Ness' semi-known information setups.
I’m low key selfish with EoD times I always choose the ones that conform to my schedule :lemon:

Obs! If you are struggling to reach your signup limit ask me or Dan, we know a lot of people you can PM. I had to put out a lot of invites to reach 12p.

Thinking I'll sit this one out with my December hurries + 4 AM eod not working out for me.

No need to give me obs since I prefer spectating alone! If you ever hit a point where you're out of reps and desperately need someone DM me and I'll see what I can do.

hmm wait so is 9 fine or not? @Ghost2008 ?
i was thinking about moving to 7 pm since that's one of the times salmon run shifts can start/end which would be very funny/appropriate!

Back