• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Profile edits: Avatars/Signatures/etc.

Is there anybody on here who knows how to make backgrounds of images transparent? Online tools can't help me because they're all paid...

Get paint.net, it's a really handy tool, basically a lightweight portable Photoshop, and fully free!

Last edited:
Get paint.net, it's a really handy tool, basically a lightweight portable Photoshop, and fully free!

I second paint.net, but it's also really easy to crack Photoshop. I have cracked CC 2015 right now. PS is really only so expensive because it's intended for companies/for-profit to use, you won't get in any trouble. XD

Also there actually are free image editing sites you can use to make a background transparent by clicking on the bg color:
lunapic.com: Edit -> Transparent background
ezimba.com: Create -> Transparent

Last edited:
Hmm, I was trying to use the villager pixels (from criiscrossing.tumblr) in a signature but PS got confused and won't let me unlock their layer. They were apparently downloaded as gifs. Are there less squirrely downloads anywhere?

I need to test if my signature works real quick

Edit: not enough girth, I see

Last edited:
Looking at your all's sigs makes me already want me to redo mine >.<" I don't have my dream town yet though, or a good enough looking character to draw so I just opted for myself and a simple ac style chat bubble. My avi though won't change. I like my emotes xD

I've made a new Avatar that suit the Animal Crossing theme more than my old one!
Any suggestions, feedback is greatly appreciated since I'm still young and is still growing Age and Art wise and I just wanna be the best that I can! :)

ACNL PFP.jpg

Also, woah! Lesser quality than Avatar, new signature in the works/finished, just waiting for it to start showing in posts. But here's the image for it!

TBT Signature Beta.jpg

Last edited:
New avatar! I drew chibi Batman, and decided I wanted to use him. I also have a transparent version
So you can see it clearer:

831C37D5-D5FD-4AD6-A39D-261ABC225F0C.jpg

Last edited:
Updated my Avatar and Sig. All of them come from this drawing made by my own hands XD

zash_s_first_10_villagers_by_graytyphoon_dde13tb-pre.jpg

I just could not resist putting New Horizons Chevre for some reason... She is so cute. :blush:
I would of drawn her if I was not so lazy; but it is also since I do not keep signature images for long. :p

rcDbPEJ.png

Last edited:
I made a new sig with photoshop and the picrew character creator before it got taken down :)

Last edited:
Back