• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Princess Peach Showtime Demo

Belle T

head thoughts, no empty
Bells
I'm surprised that I've not seen anyone bring this up here, considering how excited this forum seemed to be for the core premise alone. Has anyone else played the demo for Princess Peach Showtime yet?

I thought it was cute. I enjoyed the visual presentation and the music, but I felt the gameplay was a little repetitive for my liking. Perhaps the full game will be more interesting. It's not bad by any means, but I'm going to need to see more before I decide on a full purchase.

Hm! I haven't played the demo yet, but I am looking forward to trying it when it comes out. 👍 Sounds pretty cute to play as Princess Peach and I find her various outfits kinda cool, but the gameplay doesn't look too enticing, I'll be honest... 😕 I'll probably have more fun messin' around with Princess Peach and the environment than doing the actual story or whatever. 🤭 I always enjoy playing as one of the princesses in Mario games. 💖👑✨ I don't wanna play as a plumber and have his big nose bouncin' around on the screen. 😬

i played the demo and i was pretty unsatisfied with the gameplay and performance. it was pretty laggy during cut scenes and lobby/loading levels. additionally the gameplay just felt very flat along with the stage design. it feels like a reskin of kirby but with less detail put into it and locked into a forced 2d type perspective.

the second level where you get to use patisserie peach was cool i guess but it's nothing new. i understand the core demographic is probably younger and maybe even first time gamers, however in the past nintendo has introduced ways to scale difficulty so new and experienced gamers alike can enjoy the game.

overall, i'm just a bit let down. i was saving a nintendo voucher to redeem for this game but i don't think ill be doing that in the end.

I played the demo and my feelings are a bit mixed. I definitely enjoyed the second level more than the first, but I think I'll need to see more as well before deciding whether or not to get the full game

I enjoyed playing the demo but I wish we could have been able to play one more level.

I tried out the demo and i did enjoy it, i had the game preordered beforehand, the Demo from the eshop basically cemented my commitment to purchase it. From what I've played it seems like the exact type of game for me✨

I’m waiting until my birthday next month to get the game. I should be able to get it from the eShop since my sister usually gives me an Amazon gift card and my dad gives me money as a gift. I’ll probably get the Touch Detective game as well since I love that series and have the two DS games that were originally released in the US which are hard to find because they were published by Atlus.

I just downloaded the demo yesterday and I'll try it out after class today. I can't wait!! I was instantly interested in the game when it was announced, as I've really been wanting a new Princess Peach game.

I thought it was pretty fun, but very obviously aimed at younger players. It looked like there’s a mini collectathon aspect to it, which is a draw for me so I’ll probably pick it up.

It was fun to play, but it’s not something I’m super excited about. The theets though, are so cute they’ve been living in my mind rent free 💖

i haven’t had time to play the demo but I probably wouldn’t even if I did, cause really i wanted to go in and play right as it’s released. I preordered it a couple weeks ago and don’t wanna be swayed by anything yet ;u;

I tried it and was disappointed. It feels to be targeted at children. It's gone from being one of the few new games I was certain I was going to buy this year to a 'nevermind'.

I tried it and was disappointed. It feels to be targeted at children. It's gone from being one of the few new games I was certain I was going to buy this year to a 'nevermind'.
It’s definitely on the easy side, but the variety in gameplay and levels actually makes it pretty fun. I was on the fence about it after the demo too, but I’m actually glad I picked it up. It’s hard not to have fun while playing it.

That being said, I don’t think it deserves its current price, so I’d give it a try when it’s on sale.

It’s definitely on the easy side, but the variety in gameplay and levels actually makes it pretty fun. I was on the fence about it after the demo too, but I’m actually glad I picked it up. It’s hard not to have fun while playing it.

That being said, I don’t think it deserves its current price, so I’d give it a try when it’s on sale.

I agree. It’s a fun casual game to play on the side. I picked it up to and plan on playing it from time to time when I want something more chill.

It does feel overpriced though. A sale would be much more reasonable.

I agree. It’s a fun casual game to play on the side. I picked it up to and plan on playing it from time to time when I want something more chill.

It does feel overpriced though. A sale would be much more reasonable.
Have you played enough yet to experience how frustrating Patissiere Peach can be?

Have you played enough yet to experience how frustrating Patissiere Peach can be?

I only just finished the first area so I’m assuming no. From the very first level though I could tell it’s probably going to be my least favourite of the different show types. Kung Fu is my favourite so far but I definitely haven’t done all the types yet.

Wow, surprised at how many were let down, I really enjoyed it!

It’s definitely easier than I expected but I just vibed with it after accepting that fact. I loved how much they leaned into the stage play aspect with the npcs, the costume changes and the central hub.

Additionally, it definitely feels like the dev team took quite a lot of inspiration from shojo anime/manga. Sword Fighter Peach looks just like Lady Oscar, the tutorials are shadow plays like in Utena and of course Peach’s transformations are similar to various magical girls. Of course, it’s not like all those series invented all that stuff, so it’s entirely possible that their inspirations are taken from something completely different and I’m just projecting.

I do agree with Mr. Fox and Holla, though. The game may be too short for me to buy it at MSRP. I’ll wait for a sale most likely.

Last edited:
Back