Pokémon Post your Shiny Pokémon collection.

I've caught 4 shinies so far in Pok?mon Moon. Stufful, Cutiefly and Sandygast were from SOS. Yesterday I found a shiny Machop as a random encounter. My first one since Pok?mon Ruby. My bf found a shiny Klefki as a random encounter a few days ago, also only his second one. I'm hoping to find a few more, I'm pleased with what I have so far.

Caught her last night right before going to bed. I named her Yang after settling on the fact that I couldn't find a better nickname. Time to start up my Alpha Sapphire save for shiny Zekrom now, I plan on doing a mono Bug-type run because why not?

IMG_1042.jpg

Congratulations on getting Yang the Reshiram, Kaleidoscopes. I hope to get a shiny Reshiram and Zekrom to compliment the shiny Kyurem someday, but soft resetting method wears on my patience more than hatching eggs, so that day might not come for some time.

Anywho, I recently hatched the Grimer I was hunting for a few months ago. The egg was technically in the last box I had filled for a few months, but I had taken a break to do other stuff.

My current hunt is Omanyte.

Caught my very first shiny....after all these years....so many eggs....all those chains....

SHINY PELIPPER

was it worth waiting 17 years....maybe

Hatched a shiny Solosis at around 300~ eggs I believe.

Caught her last night right before going to bed. I named her Yang after settling on the fact that I couldn't find a better nickname. Time to start up my Alpha Sapphire save for shiny Zekrom now, I plan on doing a mono Bug-type run because why not?

View attachment 190500

Whoaaa! A shiny legendary! How many SRs did it take?

Sadly when I got aS I didn't know about the possibility of legendaries to be shiny so I don't have any. I kinda want to get both OR and aS now physically so I can SR for legendaries but maybe I should just wait for the DP remake. I assume that they will have many legendaries as well.

Last edited:
U forgot the part where I joined the call right when you got it
I'll be available as your Shiny Charm+ all next week, fee is $15 per hour.

Whoaaa! A shiny legendary! How many SRs did it take?

Sadly when I got aS I didn't know about the possibility of legendaries to be shiny so I don't have any. I kinda want to get both OR and aS now physically so I can SR for legendaries but maybe I should just wait for the DP remake. I assume that they will have many legendaries as well.

I actually couldn't tell you how many SRs it took to get it, the only time I ever kept track of SRs was with my shiny Entei hunt (457 SRs); I always found keeping tally as nothing more but more menial work added onto a task that is already pretty tedious by itself, and the Entei hunt proved that to me. I always just count the number of SRs based on how many hours it took to get it, in which case I would say around ~800 SRs for a shiny Reshiram (100 per hour).

My shiny luck today has been so unreal!

So this morning, I thought I would do a little hatching for my Popplio. While casually eating my toast, my precious shiny Popplio decides to pop up at 598 eggs!

Next on the list, I decided to try and chain a Shiny Pikipek. After getting a chain of 90 and the Pikipek Struggling unexpectedily. I restarted my chain and lucked out with a Shiny Pikipek in a chain of 60!

Grubbin was the final candidate. Failing two chains because I wasn't paying attention, I finally got my little beetle at 69 encounters :cool::p

Well what a ride!

Well that was quick. ~500 resets for shiny Zekrom, sucks that Synchronize failed two times in a row though. ;-; At least the lime green lightning is cool.

IMG_1046.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg

I just need to go after Kyurem now, after that I'm taking a break from SR'ing so I can get a few more MM shinies on Moon. I also still need to get the shiny genies as well for completion purposes, but man I do not look forward to going after them since they are my least favorite legendaries (also because Soaring in the Sky encounters are annoying).

I found a shiny Munna and Trubbish using the dexnav and MY FIRST EVER RANDOM FULL ODDS SHINY! CROAGUNK ON Y! I don't have the shiny charm on it so it actually was full odds! So happy :D

U forgot the part where I joined the call right when you got it
I'll be available as your Shiny Charm+ all next week, fee is $15 per hour.

:D

Last edited:
So this is a thing now, it's called "Swap Breeding".
1481893195109.png
This information is actually useful even if you don't plan on using the Swap Method. If you are saving the game, collecting five eggs and hatching them then resetting to preserve box space while breeding for shinies or specific IVs;then you are wasting your time. Each time you reset the game and collect another 5 eggs to hatch, those eggs will always be exactly the same as the eggs you hatched on your last save reload.

Last edited:
So this is a thing now, it's called "Swap Breeding".
1481893195109.png
This information is actually useful even if you don't plan on using the Swap Method. If you are saving the game, collecting five eggs and hatching them then resetting to preserve box space while breeding for shinies or specific IVs;then you are wasting your time. Each time you reset the game and collect another 5 eggs to hatch, those eggs will always be exactly the same as the eggs you hatched on your last save reload.

This is interesting, does the Ditto need to hold a Destiny Knot in order for this to work?

This is interesting, does the Ditto need to hold a Destiny Knot in order for this to work?

It should still work I'd imagine, as long as you don't equip any of the Pok?mon with a Destiny Knot in the middle of breeding or when you swap it out for a different breeding parent.

I have a shiny Oricorio that I got at random without chaining and before I had a shiny charm. That was exciting. Same with a shiny Lillipup I got in a previous game.

I've also hatched a shiny Igglybuff (now a shiny Wigglytuff) and a shiny Eevee (trying to decide what to evolve it into... maybe a shiny Espeon).

And there we go... the final shiny legendary I needed from the Tao Trio, taking around 3,400 SRs to get since I started hunting for it on Sunday. I was actually hunting for shiny Kyurem on two different 3DS systems starting today with my Alpha Sapphire save on the older DS, but it didn't really matter since I ended up finding it on my Omega Ruby anyways. .-.

IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg

After I'm done EV training and hyper leveling my new shinies it'll be time to go back to Moon and MM for a shiny Wimpod and a few others before I come back to ORAS to capture all the shiny genies. Anyone know what kind of Pok?Ball would look good on a shiny Tornadus? I'm thinking either Quick Ball to match the tail color, or Nest Ball to sort of match the green body and white cloud (although Tornadus has no brown on him).

I feel like I've had crazy good luck in Pokemon Sun so far. I've gotten six shinies: Eevee, Slowpoke, Drowzee, Smeargle, Ditto, and most recently Vulpix. Sadly, the vulpix doesn't have Snow Warning, and it was SOS'd so it doesn't have egg moves, so I might Masuda another one after I get my shiny charm.

I've been in a shiny drought since gen two. GEN TWO! So... I'm kind of in shock that I have any shinies at all ><

And there we go... the final shiny legendary I needed from the Tao Trio, taking around 3,400 SRs to get since I started hunting for it on Sunday. I was actually hunting for shiny Kyurem on two different 3DS systems starting today with my Alpha Sapphire save on the older DS, but it didn't really matter since I ended up finding it on my Omega Ruby anyways. .-.

View attachment 190898
View attachment 190899

After I'm done EV training and hyper leveling my new shinies it'll be time to go back to Moon and MM for a shiny Wimpod and a few others before I come back to ORAS to capture all the shiny genies. Anyone know what kind of Pok?Ball would look good on a shiny Tornadus? I'm thinking either Quick Ball to match the tail color, or Nest Ball to sort of match the green body and white cloud (although Tornadus has no brown on him).

Nice Kyurem! That's gonna be the next shiny legend I go for in ORAS (if i decide to take the time to do it)

I think a nest ball would look nicer on a tornadus personally

- - - Post Merge - - -

cZbNjqF9u.png
cZciHbNtd.png

Randomly ran into these two beauties yesterday when choosing my starter and training my mons in my Sacred Gold nuzlocke. I'm super proud of the Quilava, since I didn't even SR for it or anything! But too bad this is a rom and not my actual cartridge ;;

Last edited:
Back