• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Post your Shiny Pokémon collection.

wow 40 :eek: that's pretty fast you got lucky! i was thinking i should get a shiny charm in usum but i haven't had the time for pokemon lately. anyone know is it really worth it?

I mean on XY maybe not, unless you intend on horde hunting a lot I guess. The odds with or without shiny charm aren't too far apart with Pok?Radar chaining. I believe consecutive fishing is also not a huge difference. But if you're talking gen 7 then definitely because relatively speaking it has a bigger effect and it's also much easier to get due to the smaller Pok?Dex.

I've caught my first two shiny Pokemon of Gen VII today and I'm thrilled: Swellow and Abomasnow. Swellow is one of my favorite flying types and I've been wanting a shiny version for a while. As for Abomasnow, I'm all for more ice shinies!

Last edited:
I finally got a shiny Sentret! It took 1132 eggs to get him.

IMG_20181102_183945_506.JPG

He's now a Furret (He's name is Ichigo). ❤
IMG_20181102_184500_955.JPG

Now I'm hunting for a shiny Emolga.

About to start pursuing one of my dream shinies: Delibird! The festive bird has always been on my to-do list for shinies. I've hunted it to no avail in the past, but not this time. Wish me luck, all!

i have a shiny swellow, bronzor, and pikachu (which i will eventually evolve into shiny alolan raichu) !!

Oof, I have so many in Pok?mon AS. But my pride and joy is my shiny female Gardevoir. She’s 6iv, has a pretty awesome set of moves, and level 100. She’s been at the front of my team ever since I got her a couple of years ago, and I love her to death. I actually received her from a giveaway on Miiverse where a guy was giving away random shinies. He hit me up to trade and the very first thing he pulled up was the Gardevoir. Thinking about it kinda makes me want to start playing my game again lol.

I can't remember all of them right now, but I think the only shiny I ever caught myself in the wild was a shiny carvanha I caught in Alpha Sapphire on a fishing chain. I was so proud of myself

I can't remember all of them right now, but I think the only shiny I ever caught myself in the wild was a shiny carvanha I caught in Alpha Sapphire on a fishing chain. I was so proud of myself

Yeah fish chain is super op tbh. It's really easy to find shiny Pok?mon using that method :D

I got my Wailord and Kingdra with fish chains

ooo I've been interested in collecting shiny pkmn since gen 2 but I didn't actually start actively 'hunting' them until X/Y, cuz that was the generation when I got wireless internet and could trade for non-english Pok?mon to use the masuda method! (Not to mention fishing chains and the friend safari). I could never figure out how to use the Pok?radar properly so that method was always closed off to me. Lol

In Moon I get all my shinies through breeding - I tried SOS chaining once and it felt like I died and went to hell. Plus I really like being able to breed them all into Love balls (or Dream ball/Heal ball if love ball isn't possible) Anyway here's what I've got:

Moon

Mimikyu
Ninetales
Palossand
Comfey x2 (only time I had that freak luck and bred two in like the same batch of eggs)
Togedemaru
Minior
Gengar (cuz I love the mega)
Oricorio (the one with the pompoms)
Lycanroc
Ribombee
Corsola
Lopunny
Komala (this one took f o r e v e r)
Ludicolo
Diggersby
Musharna
Swoobat
Zorua (havent evolved it yet, bred a second one so I didnt have to transfer my original one from Y! haha)

random encounter shinies: Mudbray, Beldum, Magikarp, Pelipper, Granbull

Y

Zoroark
Pumpkaboo
Aurorus
Whimsicott
Serperior
Sawsbuck
Skuntank ( from horde encounters :D)
Furret
Vanillite (random horde encounter)
Skorupi x2 (random horde encounters)
Ducklett (random encounter)

friend safari shinies: Gourgeist, Seviper, Charizard, Espurr, Munna, Dedenne, Magmortar, Lampent x2, Audino, Teddiursa

fish chain shinies: Corsola, Gyarados, Seadra, Dragalge, Clauncher, Staryu, Poliwhirl x3, Politoed, and 8 Basuclins that I caught - there were at least 4 that KO'd themselves with Final Gambit. I was trying for Dratini.. never got it. Haha. So many Basculin. X_X

Anndddd finally these two !

SR'd the Celebi in Crystal when it came to virtual console and the Shaymin in Platinum (Oak's Letter event) Pretty proud of those cuz they're the only pkmn I ever actually soft reset for. :cool: Don't have the patience for that normally but I was finally able to do it during a week where I was basically stuck in bed due to an injury. Considering trying to SR for Cresselia in Black 2 now but idk!
Have a handful of RE shinies in older games but not gonna list those. pbbfft

Shinies I hunted or bred for:
Nidoran (male)
Zubat
Oddish x2 (one is still an Oddish, the other is a Bellossom)
Tentacool (now a Tentacruel)
Alolan Grimer
Lickitung
Magikarp
Eevee
Mareep
Sudowoodo
Wooper
Sneasel
Remoraid
Mudkip
Ralts
Wailmer (now a Wailord)
Honedge x2 (traded one to a friend)
Grubbin (now a Vikavolt)
Cutiefly
Fomantis (now a Lurantis)

Random / full odds shinies:
Pelipper
Audino

Shinies received from WT (can't tell if some are hacked. some def are tho):
Charmander (now a Charizard)
Rapidash
Ditto
Togepi (now a Togekiss)
Suicune
Ho-Oh
Milotic
Jirachi
Wormadam
Rhyperior
Mesprit
Zorua
Tynamo (now an Eelektross)
Reshiram
Kyurem
Popplio

Shinies traded from a friend (i watched him catch these so i know they're legit!):
Beldum
Virizion
Yvetal (this was the event shiny Yvetal but it's still legit)

Event shinies:
Yvetal (yes i do have two event Yvetals fjdklsfjaskl)
Tapu Koko
Poipole

POGO shinies:
Charmander (now a Charmeleon)
Poochyena

PLGE shinies:
Pidgey (now a Pidgeotto)
Psyduck
Geodude

Was hunting for light balls in Pokemon Platinum, and a shiny pikachu apperared! Caught it with a quick ball. It held an oran berry, not a light ball! Still havent found one since
Also sos for a shiny pichu in pokemon Sun and i caught one! I evolved it into a pikachu! Nature is stupid though
should i evo my shiny pikachu to alolan raichu?

Last edited:
Finally oh finally. After well over a thousand eggs (for this hunt), Harmonia, my shiny Delibird has hatched! I've attempted to find a shiny Delibird several times now, so I'm beyond glad I finally have one. :D

I've gotten two more legit shinies since I last posted! The Oricorio that took me months finally arrived! I named him Patootie.
And then the next day, I accidentally hatched a shiny Klink while trying to breed for one with the correct nature. I was only 20 eggs or so in so I was kind of upset I got a shiny with a crappy nature, but I got over it pretty fast, lmao. I mean, it's still a shiny so ofc I still love it.

Today, I've been trying to get a shiny eevee. Two things happened.

First, when I was running around the grass to find an eevee to start the chain, i encountered a shiny yungoos XD I find them so cute, have yet to think of a name for it.
Then as i was sos chaining the eevee, around 21 sos calls, a freaking shiny espeon appears! Had to catch it in a hell ball. Called it Fen, another word for moss.

- Onix ( pokemon gold ) my very first shiny, lost it due to me losing the cartridge.

- Hoothoot ( pokemon crystal, virtual console ) was looking for an Exeggcute, but found this instead.
( it's a noctowl now, and just chilling in the PC in crystal, since i don't own a gen 7 game )

- Wingul ( pokemon ruby ) my first gen 3 shiny, evolved it, and traded it for a Kyogre with my friend.

- Teddyursa ( pokemon emerald ) my first safari zone shiny, evolved it, and lost it due to me saving a new game.

- Sableye ( pokemon emerlad ) was about to encounter Rayquaza, hoping it will be shiny, and i encountered this, mere steps away from it... :p ( lost it due to me being dumb and saving a new game... -.-' )

- Poocheyena ( pokemon emerald ) randomly encountered it, caught it, and i still have it, it's now in my box of shinies in alpha sapphire.

- Snorlax ( pokemon emerald ) was breeding for a Snorlax, and out popped this one, i was really excited, until my DS turned off, due to low battery... -.-'

- Wooper ( pokemon diamond ) my first gen 4 shiny, lost it due to me saving a new game...

- Quagsire ( pokemon diamond ) ( did not evolve it from the previously mentioned Wooper ) but lost it due to the same reason.

- Floatsel ( pokemon diamond ) random encounter, still have it in my alpha sapphire.

- Gastrodon ( pokemon diamond ) literally encountered this one right after the Floatsel ( talk about luck ) and also still have it.

- Cresselia ( pokemon diamond ) it just happens to be shiny still have it on my alpha sapphire.

- Luminion ( pokemon diamond ) was just randomly fishing, and found this one, since i never saw a Luminion, i thought it was just a regular one, until i saw the sparkles, lost it due to me saving new game.

- Ralts ( pokemon diamond ) my first attempt at breeding a good pokemon, was hoping for a adamant, male Ralts, but got a sassy, female one instead, i still have it in my alpha sapphire, though it's now a gardevoir.

- Machop ( pokemon platinum ) right before you meet Cyrus the first time in Mt. Coronet, i encountered this one ^^ ( lost it due to new safe file... )

- Regigigas ( pokemon platinum ) was just trying to catch it, but failed a few times, but not the time it was shiny
( still have it though ^^ )

- Eevee( pokemon heart gold ) this one took me a very, very, VERY, long time to get, and i finally got my shiny, careful nature, 6IV, female Eevee, it's now an Umbreon named Luna, and i love it <3

- Smeagle ( pokemon heart gold ) had some eggs chilling in my PC, and forgot what they were, and after some eggs hatching i got a shiny one, ( yes they were all Smeargle, i don't know why i had Smeargle eggs... ) ( and also still have it )

- Bronzor ( pokemon heart gold ) was looking for a Bronzor, but out came a shiny ( and yes i lost it )

- Xatu ( pokemon heart gold ) was looking for natu, and out popped a shiny and i do still have it ( well it's a Xatu now :p )

- Slakoth ( pokemon heart gold ) bit of the same as my Eevee, was breeding for a very long time until i got my 5IV ( this time ) female, jolly nature Slakoth.

- Ho-oh ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.

- Suicune ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.

- Latios ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.

- Latias ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.

- Rayquaza ( pokemon heart gold ) got super lucky, cause i had a good nature, and attack and speed on 31 IV's :O ( still have it )

- Groudon ( pokemon soul silver ) just got lucky, still have it

- Espurr ( pokemon X ) was training my pokemon a bit near that castle in the beginning, and i encountered a random shiny, still have it

- Halucha ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) hatched out of an egg during hatching process for a good one ( it wasn't ) stupidly traded it away for i don't remember what )

- Semisear ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me because i was looking for a Semisear, didn't even notice it was shiny until i traded it away because someone asked for it, for a pokemon i was looking for.

- Crawdaunt ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me by someone, it had great moves, great IV's ( 5 or 6 even ) and great nature, and it's legit since i can use it in VGC. ( still have it )

- Swablu ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) random shiny in a Swablu horde during EV training some pokemon, still have it.

- Whimsicot ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me from someone on this very site ^^ ( don't remember who though... :$ )
( still have it )

- Aggron ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me over GTS, and it's legit like the Crawdaunt ^^ ( still have it )

- Dragalge ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me from another person from this website ^^ ( don't remember who though, but i still have it )

- Whismur ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) random shiny in a horde during EV training, still got it.

- Zubat ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) random solo encounter in meteor falls, still got it.

- Sableye ( again :p ) ( pokemon alpha sapphire this time ) random out of an egg, was looking for one with the right IV's and nature, and most importantly ability ( wrong nature, IV's AND ability... ) but i still have it. :p

- Zekrom ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) from a trade, but it's hacked since it came from gen 5 where it was shiny locked, still got it though.

- Ditto ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) from a trade ut it's hacked, but i still have it.

( pokemon i don't know where i got them first )

- Arceus ( now on my pokemon black ) it is clearly hacked since it's at Lv.1 and shiny, caught in a quick ball.

and that is all my shiny pokemon...
quite the list ain't it :p ?
and yes i know some are hacked... but the ones i caught or hatched were 100% legit.

Back