• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Least favorite Pokemon Evolution

I love Togepi and Togetic, but when they change it to Togekiss that only had wings and no longer the arms, I’m like, no… Togetic is much better. 😭

Slaking - it looks creepy and I know it’s one of the most powerful pokémon in Pokémon Go but i’m sick of seeing it on gyms all the time.

Rhyperior - I think most trainers agree that this design is overkill.

Gurdurr and Conkeldurr- just…not pleasing to my eyes tbh

Gumshoos - was never a fan of yungoos to begin with but gumshoos is way worse because it unfortunately looks a lot like…someone. Which is a shame because the concept of a detective mongoose is cool.

Melmetal - a downgrade from meltan’s cuteness without making up for it in coolness. I’m also sick of seeing it on PoGo gyms. It’s mythical, so how is it even allowed on gyms?

Pawmo and Pawmot - Ugh. Are they cute? Yes. But are they good designs for an evolution? Not in my opinion. They go through so few changes! And I got so mad when that super early pawmot leak turned out to be true. It would be much better as some kind of pawmi mascot. It looks more like a mascot costume of a pawmi that just had some small add-ons to it to make it a unique character. But not a unique evolution. Cool, it’s electric fighting and it’s got iron man hands. Did we really need 3 versions of it though?

I do/would evolve these just for the dex though.

Slaking - it looks creepy and I know it’s one of the most powerful pokémon in Pokémon Go but i’m sick of seeing it on gyms all the time.

Rhyperior - I think most trainers agree that this design is overkill.

Gurdurr and Conkeldurr- just…not pleasing to my eyes tbh

Gumshoos - was never a fan of yungoos to begin with but gumshoos is way worse because it unfortunately looks a lot like…someone. Which is a shame because the concept of a detective mongoose is cool.

Melmetal - a downgrade from meltan’s cuteness without making up for it in coolness. I’m also sick of seeing it on PoGo gyms. It’s mythical, so how is it even allowed on gyms?

Pawmo and Pawmot - Ugh. Are they cute? Yes. But are they good designs for an evolution? Not in my opinion. They go through so few changes! And I got so mad when that super early pawmot leak turned out to be true. It would be much better as some kind of pawmi mascot. It looks more like a mascot costume of a pawmi that just had some small add-ons to it to make it a unique character. But not a unique evolution. Cool, it’s electric fighting and it’s got iron man hands. Did we really need 3 versions of it though?

I do/would evolve these just for the dex though.
Actually Pawmot is quite handy in a Gym run because it has access to Revival Blessing which can help you get back a strong Pokémon that had fainted during a battle. It’s how I defeated Ryme and Tulip. Also Revival Blessing is one of the few moves Smeargle can’t even Sketch and the only other Pokémon that can learn it is Rabsca.

Actually Pawmot is quite handy in a Gym run because it has access to Revival Blessing which can help you get back a strong Pokémon that had fainted during a battle. It’s how I defeated Ryme and Tulip. Also Revival Blessing is one of the few moves Smeargle can’t even Sketch and the only other Pokémon that can learn it is Rabsca.
Revival blessing is pretty awesome, I can’t deny that!

I'm still sad about what they did to Alolan Persian, Alolan Meowth looked so perfect and tbh I was expecting a dark type evolution that referenced the phenomenon feral cats or the supposed sightings of big cats in certain áreas of the world where they shouldn't be, and since Alolan Meowth is described as being vengeful for being often abandoned it made total sense to me and I wanted that to be the case so bad.

Cue in Alolan Persian that was just... Normal Persian model with a ball stuck where the head is supposed to be. Really dissapointing and a huge missed opportunity imo

Back