• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Shiny Pokemon question?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
So Ive been playing Pokemon: Legends of Arceus and I haven't found a single shiny lol

I have the default shiny that you get for the quest but other then that I haven't seen a single one. The reason Im asking is because my friend said she had like ten shinies by the point im at.

I mean Im looking, I circle around entire areas, but I havent seen a single one. I circled around the buneary to spot a pink one for awhile too, but yeah, no pink buneary. Then did the same with any other large groups of Pokemon I find. Like the Scorupi, Zubat and Stunky

I don't really know how shiny pokemon work. The only one I ever had was a shiny Seviper, which I found on my birthday in Alpha Saphire lol. But yeah. Im confused why people say this is one of the easiest games to find shiny pokemon but I haven't found any.

Am I susposed to have something? Or do I just have terrible luck. Im at the third zone if your curious. Its probably just my terrible luck. But eh. Who knows.

Last edited:
It's a bit like Scar/Vio. Some people get really lucky and end up finding loads early on, other people go through the whole game without seeing one.

Things get a lot easier when you've obtained the shiny charm from Professor Laventon, which you get after completing the Pokedex. After that, go to the front gate, and go to any mass outbreak or massive mass outbreak you can find. You can either defeat them all or catch them all and release the ones you don't need/want. They have much higher raised odds in the outbreaks. You're not guaranteed a shiny, but I normally get at least one shiny every 2 mass outbreaks or so.

One last thing you can do - when you get Braviary (I don't think you'll have him just yet), leap off from a high place and glide around the entire area. Keep the volume up and listen out for a 'shiny' sound effect (the same one your Ponyta makes when you put them on the battlefield). Glide down to roughly where you heard it, and look around to see where it came from. You can also just run around with Wyrdeer if that's more your style.

Last piece of advice - remember to save if you encounter a shiny! One of the best things about PLA (and SV tbh) is that you can save in front of a shiny and it will still be there when you load up the game again. It will also make the sound effect and sparkle effect again when you reload it.

Good luck!

It's a bit like Scar/Vio. Some people get really lucky and end up finding loads early on, other people go through the whole game without seeing one.

Things get a lot easier when you've obtained the shiny charm from Professor Laventon, which you get after completing the Pokedex. After that, go to the front gate, and go to any mass outbreak or massive mass outbreak you can find. You can either defeat them all or catch them all and release the ones you don't need/want. They have much higher raised odds in the outbreaks. You're not guaranteed a shiny, but I normally get at least one shiny every 2 mass outbreaks or so.

One last thing you can do - when you get Braviary (I don't think you'll have him just yet), leap off from a high place and glide around the entire area. Keep the volume up and listen out for a 'shiny' sound effect (the same one your Ponyta makes when you put them on the battlefield). Glide down to roughly where you heard it, and look around to see where it came from. You can also just run around with Wyrdeer if that's more your style.

Last piece of advice - remember to save if you encounter a shiny! One of the best things about PLA (and SV tbh) is that you can save in front of a shiny and it will still be there when you load up the game again. It will also make the sound effect and sparkle effect again when you reload it.

Good luck!
Thank you so much :)

Flicky covered most of it, but one more thing—if you reach level 10 research for a particular Pokémon, your odds for regular encounters of that Pokémon will double from 1/4096 to 1/2048. And if you complete all research tasks for that Pokémon, your shiny odds when encountering them will double again to 1/1024. (Complete and perfect research also slightly increase your odds during mass outbreaks and massive mass outbreaks of that particular Pokémon too, just to a lesser degree.)
So it'll take a lot of research to noticeably impact your shiny luck in general, but if there's certain ones you'd really like to find, completing research tasks should give you a good boost. ✨ Best of luck hunting! ^^

Flicky covered most of it, but one more thing—if you reach level 10 research for a particular Pokémon, your odds for regular encounters of that Pokémon will double from 1/4096 to 1/2048. And if you complete all research tasks for that Pokémon, your shiny odds when encountering them will double again to 1/1024. (Complete and perfect research also slightly increase your odds during mass outbreaks and massive mass outbreaks of that particular Pokémon too, just to a lesser degree.)
So it'll take a lot of research to noticeably impact your shiny luck in general, but if there's certain ones you'd really like to find, completing research tasks should give you a good boost. ✨ Best of luck hunting! ^^
Ohh interesting, I didn't know that. I might see a bunch of shiny Wurmple and Paras now lol.

I got super lucky and got my first shiny within the first two hours of getting the game. Just like any shiny, it's patience and luck. What the others said above is correct and getting the Pokedex entry to 100% helps a lot, and the breakouts increase the odds even further. I have a handful of shinies and most of them came from breakouts. I definitely recommend having your sound on, because there's a few that I only found because I heard the "sparkle" noise and stopped to look around.

Back