• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Yeah the new trailer says the quiz returns. So I would like to talk to the moron who said it wouldn't and ask why they lied. You guys just post crap to piss people off.

Yeah the new trailer says the quiz returns. So I would like to talk to the moron who said it wouldn't and ask why they lied. You guys just post crap to piss people off.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...tery-Dungeon&p=5056815&viewfull=1#post5056815

The quiz was never confirmed nor deconfirmed at that point so I have no idea why people were flipping out that it wouldn't be in the game, because they were assuming that circle of starter Pokemon meant you'd be able to chose again. I don't get why you'd get upset because someone "lied", I'm sure they didn't mean to intentionally "confirm" that it wasn't in the game, they most likely, as I said before, assumed because of the circle of starter Pokemon.

That said, it is pretty stupid of someone to "confirm" something that hasn't been confirmed - but then again, it's also pretty stupid of someone to take what someone says as legit, when, if you watched the trailer, you'd very clearly know that it didn't deconfirm the quiz. And I really don't care about the quiz so idgaf whose fault it is because I really couldn't care elss.

TL;DR - it's stupid of you to say something confirmed when it isn't, but also stupid of you to believe something that came from a forum user and not an official source.

TL;DR - it's stupid of you to say something confirmed when it isn't, but also stupid of you to believe something that came from a forum user and not an official source.

Yeah, I'm mad at myself for believing whoever started that here. I just assumed they saw the info somewhere else and I had no reason to not believe them and I never looked into it myself. I should have. But I thought people were smart here and didn't start lies that weren't confirmed.

And btw, it doesn't make me stupid to believe what people post here. It makes me gullible. It's stupid of them to tell lies.

All in all I'm sure tons of Pokemon Mystey Dungeon fans will be delighted that the quiz is returning. The game its self looks to be more like the older Explores of Time, Darkness, and Sky as well. :)

All in all I'm sure tons of Pokemon Mystey Dungeon fans will be delighted that the quiz is returning. The game its self looks to be more like the older Explores of Time, Darkness, and Sky as well. :)

the only reason i care for the quiz in this game is because it wasn't in Gates to Infinity, and that was a bade game - and that's not me saying that "IT DIDN'T HAVE THE QUIZ SO IT SUX QUIZ 4 LYF!!!!!!!' it's me explaining that Gates to Infinity was such a bad game because they tried to change the formula up way too much and it just ended badly.
With this new game, just by having all Pokemon available, and bringing the quiz back, which were features in the game but didn't make it in Gates to Infinity, is what makes it seem like they're going back to their old formula. It's basically because the quiz makes it seem like they're going back to their old formula, not because I actually enjoyed the quiz, I think it's pointless and a waste of time.

And btw, it doesn't make me stupid to believe what people post here. It makes me gullible. It's stupid of them to tell lies.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I did not say you were stupid, I said "it's stupid of you", there's a difference. Calling you stupid would be on the same terms as calling you an idiot. Saying "it's stupid of you" is saying that your ideologies lack common sense, which is on the same terms as being gullible, which is basically what I said in my first post before you accused of calling you stupid but okay.

Last edited:
ah yes! I'm extremely excited about this one! I loved gates to infinity but I didn't like how it only had a handful of pokemon (at least it had Raichu, my favorite pokemon so I can't complain lol) so this one is insta buy definitely if it says it has all/more pokemon!! XD

If I may explain myself, In the original trailer Bill explicitly says "In addition to the 20 Pokemon that you can choose to become ." So, I think that is pretty good evidence for thinking that you would manually choose.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm mad at myself for believing whoever started that here. I just assumed they saw the info somewhere else and I had no reason to not believe them and I never looked into it myself. I should have. But I thought people were smart here and didn't start lies that weren't confirmed.

Why do you even care lol... It's a quiz to determine which starter you get.. It'll literally become irrelevant the second day the game is released since 90% of the time people don't get the pokemon they hope for, so they'll just look for the relevant answers online

Why do you even care lol... It's a quiz to determine which starter you get.. It'll literally become irrelevant the second day the game is released since 90% of the time people don't get the pokemon they hope for, so they'll just look for the relevant answers online

Second day?

I'll be surprised if those answers aren't already up by the time I get the game on release day.

Last edited:
This is looking good, I just need some more gameplay footage to give out my opinion on it. It definitely looks more retro which is great, Gates to Infinity was god awful and I'm hoping Nintendo picked up on the fact that we kind of hated it.

The title isn't anything special like the previous games, but then again... "It is always the simple that produces the marvelous."

If I may explain myself, In the original trailer Bill explicitly says "In addition to the 20 Pokemon that you can choose to become ." So, I think that is pretty good evidence for thinking that you would manually choose.

Then how do you explain the quiz part of the newest trailer? [Jake, get yo butt back in here and back me up on this, XD]

Then how do you explain the quiz part of the newest trailer? [Jake, get yo butt back in here and back me up on this, XD]

no. bill did actually say that in the trailer, so it is a valid reasoning to say the quiz isnt back. and on the other hand, it could be possible the JPN. translation was wrong, but I mean, it could be there's the quiz in the japanese verison, but not the english version. coz in gates to infinity you could chose your gender in the japanese version, but not in the english version.

BUT ALSO it was said by bill and well....

vZjOGkh.png
ov6ur4D.png
j281UQV.png

I used to love PMD when I was younger.

I played the gates to infinity demo and didn't like it :C

I'm going to play the demo for this one before I decide wether to buy it or not....

I used to love PMD when I was younger.

I played the gates to infinity demo and didn't like it :C

I'm going to play the demo for this one before I decide wether to buy it or not....

Well hopefully they won't ruin it like they did with Gates to Infinity. From the looks of the trailers it looks like they're going back to their grass roots in Mystery Dungeon games. :)

"Pok?mon Super Mystery Dungeon

During Nintendo's Treehouse Live @ E3 stream today, Pok?mon Super Mystery Dungeon, some new details were revealed. It reconfirms that the quiz does determine the Pok?mon you pick, but it can be changed if it doesn't meet what you want, and when you determine the partner, you can decide if they are "Cool" or "Cute". The village is called Serene Village. Once again, there's the Deposit Box for items you don't wish to take to various dungeons. The game starts off by following Deerling and Shelmet into a dungeon after their Goomy friend didn't come back from a Dungeon.
21:39: This dungeon is called the Foreboding Forest.
22:05: As spotted in previous trailers, there's also numerous wand items such as Slumber Wand, Warp Wand and Confuse Wand which inflict status and other conditions onto the enemies. You also get numerical details of the Pok?mon's stats and move stats after the effects of moves
"

Back