Pokémon Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

somebody mentioned being scared that super mystery dungeon could end up being freemium like shuffle/rumble world and haha oh boy if that's the case...

I don't think this game will be, but I totally see the Mystery Dungeon games becoming a freemium thing if their whole 'F2P' thing turns out to have done really well.

Not that I want it to become freemium, I would prefer to just pay the ?40 and have the whole thing...I just imagine it being a game that would 'work well' as freemium.

What about titles on the Super Nintendo that had the word "Super" in it because it was on the Super Nintendo?

It kind of makes more sense though since they were named after the console they were on (even though I never liked that naming convention, especially with the N64...).

For games like Mystery Dungeon that have always had a proper sub-title though, 'Super Mystery Dungeon' sounds a bit lame.

I'm literally so sick of the crappy "mystery dungeon" spin offs...

Honestly, I'd even prefer a new "pokemon ranger" game than this trash.
I would probably like the mystery dungeon games had they not copied and pasted the same game with minor changes since the GBA version.

I actually bought gates to infinity on my 3DS... I feel so stupid for buying it. I love how every non-canonical pokemon-filler game is always either a mystery dungeon or rumble game.

They can't make Ranger 3DS because the touch screens are so ****ty that the vicious circling motions would scratch everyone's screens.

I am excited but they better make the plot longer and have more starters to choose from and more Pokemon available in the game. I bought Gates to Infinity 2 days ago and I guess I'm already 3/4 done with it -.-" wasted $35.

Also "Super" makes me feel like it won't have a story and that it will just be some dungeon crawling game. But they probably won't do that because then no one would buy it. I hope that's a WIP title...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and the "I'm a human transformed into a Pokemon" thing is getting old. I would like something fresh, please.

Please don't be like Gates to Infinity. I don't care if you take Explorers of Sky and paste it onto 3DS with no changes, JUST DON'T BE LIKE GATES TO INFINITY.

But as long as they bring back the questions, a good story and old-school sprites, I'm a happy camper.

Looking forward to this one. Not too much fan on the name though "Super?"... :rolleyes:

Not true. I've been playing through the ranger games on my 3DS XL and my screen is fine (and I haven't added a screen protector)

I got a perma-scratch on my 3DS within in the first 3 days I owned it and I wasn't even trying. I don't want to imagine what would happen with a Ranger game on the 3DS.

Maybe XL has better screens?

Maybe the plot would be, instead of the "human travels to another dimension inhabited only by Pokemon and changes to a form to suit him/her by accident and has to save said other dimension from EEEEVILLLLLL things that kill Pokemon" plot...

It could be just a dream by an adventurous *insert Pokemon here* who was already FROM said dimension and it's about him/her (as in the gameplay focuses on him/her) trying to save the planet from a group of Pokemon who want to put the planet closer to the moon for the sole purpose of trying to give the planet's energy to the moon so they can build a giant weapon on the moon that's powered by Key Stones (which they're also taking from every single Pokemon who can Mega Evolve) so they can fire it at the sun to combine the Key Stone power and the energy to make their own Egopolis planet!!

I don't think this game will be, but I totally see the Mystery Dungeon games becoming a freemium thing if their whole 'F2P' thing turns out to have done really well.

Not that I want it to become freemium, I would prefer to just pay the ?40 and have the whole thing...I just imagine it being a game that would 'work well' as freemium.

Same, I think it's plausible Nintendo cashes in the pmd series for freemium at some point.
Not sure how freemium nets them more money than a set price though? It didn't really seem to help shuffle or rumble world's popularity (unless I'm wrong)

I only recently bought Gates to Infinity for some 20€. yay thanks gamestop for once
Can't really exaggerate how disappointing it was. No hunger system, super short story, no time to grind during story, barely any postgame, just bleh. Some little things about it annoyed me SO. MUCH. Like, why on every choice the cursor is on "No"/"Cancel" by default? What sense does that make? Also the field of view in dungeons. You can't see anything if you're not constantly staring at the minimap. All dialogue and text seems to scroll so damn slowly. And there's no option to speed it up. And THERE'S SO MUCH OF ITwhy.

Wish they'd go back to how Red/Blue or Time/Darkness were. Also graphics wise, 3D roguelikes just don't work so well in my opinion.
Also no microtransactions pls

Last edited:
Same, I think it's plausible Nintendo cashes in the pmd series for freemium at some point.
Not sure how freemium nets them more money than a set price though? It didn't really seem to help shuffle or rumble world's popularity (unless I'm wrong)

I can see how the freemium model would net more money than a set price as a concept with other games, though I'm not sure how successful that will have been with Rumble and Shuffle since the microtransactions were entirely possible to ignore if you didn't mind waiting like an hour for your 'points' to refill.

I've not seen any numbers for those game though, but I am hoping that the microtransactions were too generous and that the games did lose a lot of profit from this. Nintendo might then abandon the freemium platform before anymore franchises get reduced to watered down and forgettable cash grab attempt with little substance behind it.

well from the trailer it looks more like time/darkness/sky than gates to infinity

Why does the name just remind me of something that Capcom would do?

Never played a Mystery Dungeon game before, not really feeling it for this one either.

I love the look of it, it doesn't look a lot like Gates to Infinity really. I'm hoping that wheel of Pokemon were starters/partners :D

Also, 4,800 yen is about $40 so at least it's not a freemium game. I'm getting excited now, I hope it's not a big letdown like Gates to Infinity was.

Last edited:
Assuming the wheel is starters/partners, it is very disappointing. The only non water/fire/grass types are pikachu and riolu. The others are starters. How lame, to me at least. I always enjoyed having the optiona of skitty, eevee, machop, axew, etc.

The Nintendo Direct Micro confirms that you are still a human transformed into a Pokemon, and the circle are the starter Pokemon

The Nintendo Direct Micro confirms that you are still a human transformed into a Pokemon, and the circle are the starter Pokemon

Still think its lame that there are only two non-fire/water/grass types: pikachu and riolu

Back