• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Pokémon Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Serebii posted the game takes up 1.8GB of space, for reference, Gates to Infinity was 814.37MB

"The official Nintendo site has updated with some new details for Pok?mon Super Mystery Dungeon ahead of its launch next week. Most notably, the game will require 1.8GB of space on your SD card if you wish to download it from the Nintendo eShop. It also has confirmed that there is StreetPass functionality and local wireless functionality to the game. Local Wireless will allow for you to rescue other players. StreetPass allows for you to pass helper Pok?mon over to other players."

Game releases in NA November 20. Was kinda hoping it'd be Dec so the wait between the NA and EU releases wouldn't be thst long but w/e. Hopefully EU gets an early Jan release.

Last edited:
Excited! Really hope this is closer to Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky than Gates to Infinity.
The file size is much larger than gates so I'm really hoping that's the case. Eveything I've seen so far seems to indicate tho but you never know lol

WOW I'm not the only one!
I think there are a lot of people here who share this viewpoint LOL

Game releases in NA November 20. Was kinda hoping it'd be Dec so the wait between the NA and EU releases wouldn't be thst long but w/e. Hopefully EU gets an early Jan release.

How come you're so concerned with EU release dates for games, Jake?? Don't you live in Australia??

How come you're so concerned with EU release dates for games, Jake?? Don't you live in Australia??

AUS dates are general the day after EU date (which with timezones is basically the same day anyway), and Ninty AUS is slow when it comes to release dates so Ninty EU release dates are easier to keep track of :)

AUS dates are general the day after EU date (which with timezones is basically the same day anyway), and Ninty AUS is slow when it comes to release dates so Ninty EU release dates are easier to keep track of :)

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that. :)

I know Australia got the New 3DS much earlier than Europe which was weird considering they run the same region lock but I think Australia would have heard a release date or something by now if it released earlier over there.
I hope I don't run into any spoilers because NA release date is so much earlier but on the bright side, it won't coincide with releases of Happy Home Designer / Triforce Heroes / Chibi-Robo Zip lash which is a good thing. c:

The larger file size is also quite nice to know, this game looks like it'll have a ton of great content.

I know Australia got the New 3DS much earlier than Europe which was weird considering they run the same region lock but I think Australia would have heard a release date or something by now if it released earlier over there.
I hope I don't run into any spoilers because NA release date is so much earlier but on the bright side, it won't coincide with releases of Happy Home Designer / Triforce Heroes / Chibi-Robo Zip lash which is a good thing. c:

The larger file size is also quite nice to know, this game looks like it'll have a ton of great content.

The new 3DS was only released early here as a sales test. Australia is a much smaller region than the rest so they sold it here to see how it'd sell, and also because not many would sell (when they announced the new 3ds would be arriving in November last year, they'd only sold a total of approx. 700,000 3DS units), so it'd be easier to produce or something. Idk I can't really remember but it was defs something to do with sales and testing - and as for the game, both EU and AUS have an early 2016 release date.

But yeah, I'm hoping the NA release won't ruin spoilers either, but PMD is a series I'm easily capable of ignoring for a time after it's released, so I'll probably be able to easily do it.

Last edited:
Oh right, I thought it was because market research showed consoles sell better in AU before Christmas and in EU for after Christmas or something. The release in Australia first being a test makes sense.

And I've avoided most Fire Emblem fates spoilers for now so hopefully I can continue that and avoid PMD ones too. :)

New trailer was posted Tuesday.
and according to the reports, one of the first things that you'll do is help an Axew defeat a Salamence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, DID I JUST BEAT JAKE TO REPORTING INFO?

New trailer was posted Tuesday.

and according to the reports, one of the first things that you'll do is help an Axew defeat a Salamence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, DID I JUST BEAT JAKE TO REPORTING INFO?

You did, congrats Pokedude. Also, thanks for the update! :)

So, the plot is made of helping Pokemon out?

Like the school, and the Axew who wants to be a dragon slayer despite BEING a dragon??

So, the plot is made of helping Pokemon out?

Like the school, and the Axew who wants to be a dragon slayer despite BEING a dragon??

Pretty sure most of what you said is true. Not sure why Axew needs help exactly though; it may just be because Salamence is a bully type of thing. :)

I'm pretty excited. I haven't played any of the mystery dungeon series since blue rescue team. Can't wait to see all the things they've added since then.

Back