• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Hey I was mentioned. Always glad to be of help Midoriya!! I love catchin' shinies.
I don’t know how you do it! I’ve never in any shiny iteration of pokemon, caught or even FOUND a shiny to catch. Except for the shiny Ponyta side quest in Arceus. Hats off man.

I don’t know how you do it! I’ve never in any shiny iteration of pokemon, caught or even FOUND a shiny to catch. Except for the shiny Ponyta side quest in Arceus. Hats off man.
It's honestly so incredibly easy in both Arceus and ScarVio, though it can be super duper time consuming. I hatched eggs for Midoriya's Riolu and Tynamo and those for sure were the most egregious of the shiny hunts I've done.

Otherwise, Mass Outbreaks are your friends in both games! I dont use sandwiches when I hunt much anymore because I hate farming Tera raids, but when I do, those also help a ton for mons who don't have outbreaks!

Tysm though. It's honestly one of my favorite things to do!!

I've definitely been finding plenty of shinies in Violet. Just got another the other day...a shiny Beartic that I accidentally walked into at night and didn't even realize was a shiny. Lol

I've definitely been finding plenty of shinies in Violet. Just got another the other day...a shiny Beartic that I accidentally walked into at night and didn't even realize was a shiny. Lol
I had quite a similar experience the other day with a shiny sawsbuck. The brown looked slightly more vibrant but i only encountered it by accident.

It's very annoying not having any cue that something is a shiny when so many of the pokemon in the game look barely any different

Next outbreaks for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have been announced!

This outbreak will feature the Pokémon Gulpin, Stunky, Skrelp, and Clauncher and will feature outbreaks with the chance of getting the Uncommon or Rare Marks. Stunky & Skrelp will be more likely to get the Uncommon in Scarlet and Rare in Violet and Gulpin & Clauncher more likely to get Rare in Scarlet and Uncommon in Violet

This outbreak will run from January 26 - 28 so if you haven't had the chance to get these version exclusives in your games this can be a chance to do so.

janoutbreaks.jpg

Last edited:
The next Tera Raid Battle event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet This event will feature a focus on the Pokémon Flutter Mane if you play Pokémon Scarlet or Iron Jugulis if you play Pokémon Violet. These will be in 5 Star Raids
This event will run from 00:00 UTC on January 26th through 23:59 UTC on January 28th

IMG_1920.png

Last edited:
My husband and I played Scarlet and Violet at launch but hadn't picked up our games since we finished all the main stories. Now with the DLC being complete, we started new saves over the weekend (now playing the opposite version we each played at launch). When do y'all recommend us doing the Teal Mask? Anything I've tried to look up online just says that you can go whenever, which we did get the call from Jacq about the "special trip," but I'm not sure when it makes sense when it comes to the overall story/flow of the game.

And from what I've heard, Indigo Disk is all post-game/post-league, right?

Without going into spoilers, I think that the story and location of the Teal Mask makes more sense if you do it earlier rather than later. If you do it before beating the main story, the Pokemon will range from somewhere around levels 18-32 which will seem the most natural for what's happening and the Pokemon that are being used. IMO it will also improve the Indigo Disk thematically if you allow more time to pass between finishing Teal Mask and starting Indigo Disk (which should be done post-game, as you've heard).

EDIT: In Teal Mask there are a few random out-of-the-way trainers that have teams that are scaled really high in level. They're usually wearing masks and can be avoided until later on.

Last edited:
Thank you for that info! The most helpful and honest opinion I’ve seen so far. We both only have 1 badge so far so we started the DLC tonight and so far it’s been perfect for our levels and making the beginning of the game feel a little more fresh than the first time we played it.

I can already see how letting a lot of time pass between parts 1 and 2 will help the second feel even better- I know of some characters that appear in both (not specifics to the story, but still) and am excited to see that payoff!

Thanks again- already got my Applin (last member of the team) and looking forward to both being home from work tomorrow so we can keep playing :D

Thank you for that info! The most helpful and honest opinion I’ve seen so far. We both only have 1 badge so far so we started the DLC tonight and so far it’s been perfect for our levels and making the beginning of the game feel a little more fresh than the first time we played it.

I can already see how letting a lot of time pass between parts 1 and 2 will help the second feel even better- I know of some characters that appear in both (not specifics to the story, but still) and am excited to see that payoff!

Thanks again- already got my Applin (last member of the team) and looking forward to both being home from work tomorrow so we can keep playing :D
Probably a bit late as I imagine you've already started doing it, but doing the Teal Mask earlier on will give you more options for Pokemon you can use throughout the rest of the game as well 😚

I’m back after quite a while. These games have their benefits and detriments (especially, for detriments, the excessive bugs on launch date; I’m glad I waited till April to play Scarlet (I begun playing Violet I believe in May)). The story and writing on character was rather good (particularly for Arven’s and Penny’s plot lines; Penny has even gone to being my favorite human character in Pokémon), the designs of some of the human characters (and Pokémon) are eye-catching, and the people in charge did a good call in making DLC once again (and I’m enjoying it so far)! I honestly wished these games took more time to make and that Legends: Arceus had more breathing time, though. Honestly, I don’t want to see three completely different main-series projects released within the span of a year. If that were not the case, the games would have been less flawed, though I can guarantee you that they’re better than SwSh (at least to me).
I also heard about the massive mass outbreak event and have taken advantage of that yesterday. Caught myself some of each species and will eventually transfer a Stunky and Skrelp over to Violet (which I’m playing in Spanish, by the way, and I’m enjoying that).

Last edited:
Are shinys from Tera raids hacked?

Because I went into someone’s Tera raid ~ I didn’t put a code in it was just one I found.
And the Pokemon was shiny does that mean it’s hacked?

Last edited:
New patch is announced.

From Serebii:
"The Version 3.0.1 patch for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet has been confirmed to release on February 1st 2024. This update will include a variety of bug fixes including a fix to the Dragon Cheer move, where the move has the effect last after a Pokémon switches out, and the alteration of the ingredients that make TM223."

Honestly, I wish they would make a game that didn't need a new patch every few months. Too bad we can't get games like that anymore. Expect this to be the new norm moving forward.

Probably a bit late as I imagine you've already started doing it, but doing the Teal Mask earlier on will give you more options for Pokemon you can use throughout the rest of the game as well 😚
Yes!!! We have been having a ton of fun and seeing my baby Sewaddle all over Kitakami made me ditch the Sylveon I was planning to use so I could make room hahaha

Who did everyone use for their team(s) in these games? My first playthrough was Skeledirge, Kingambit, Tinkaton, Glaceon, the water Tauros, and Orthworm. They were… not my favorite team. I tried too hard to plan it out and ended up feeling pretty bored with most of them. And the 3D models for Kingambit and Tinkaton were just TOO big and made it hard for the camera to ever be in a decent position during battles and that really took me out of it.

Right now in Violet me team is Pawmot, Gholdengo, Archaludon, Dudunsparce, Hydrapple, and Leavanny. A couple of them were not planned but very nice adapting imo as some others didn’t work out. I’m really loving all of them! It’s making me play the game differently to have a team like this. Kitakami really made us over-leveled for most of the stuff back in Paldea but I know I’ll catch up to the proper levels soon (and expect Blueberry Academy to up the ante a little).

Yes!!! We have been having a ton of fun and seeing my baby Sewaddle all over Kitakami made me ditch the Sylveon I was planning to use so I could make room hahaha

Who did everyone use for their team(s) in these games? My first playthrough was Skeledirge, Kingambit, Tinkaton, Glaceon, the water Tauros, and Orthworm. They were… not my favorite team. I tried too hard to plan it out and ended up feeling pretty bored with most of them. And the 3D models for Kingambit and Tinkaton were just TOO big and made it hard for the camera to ever be in a decent position during battles and that really took me out of it.

Right now in Violet me team is Pawmot, Gholdengo, Archaludon, Dudunsparce, Hydrapple, and Leavanny. A couple of them were not planned but very nice adapting imo as some others didn’t work out. I’m really loving all of them! It’s making me play the game differently to have a team like this. Kitakami really made us over-leveled for most of the stuff back in Paldea but I know I’ll catch up to the proper levels soon (and expect Blueberry Academy to up the ante a little).
In Scarlet, my main Paldea team was Skeledirge, Flamigo, Drednaw, Toedscruel, Tinkatuff, and Rabsca. My Kitakami team was Magnezone, Ribombee Cramorant, Sinistcha, Infernape, and Mamoswine. My Blueberry team will change when fighting each BB League Elite Four member, but my main team is Hisuian Arcanine (will be swapped later), Alolan Ninetales, Overqwil, Hitmonchan, Swampert, and Zebstrika. For Violet, my team is Quaquaval, Clodsire, Ceruledge, Kilowattrel, Espathra, and Baxcalibur. I haven’t finished the main story for Violet yet, though, and don’t have the DLC for that game as of now.

My main team for Scarlet was Hydrapple (I managed to successfully hunt a shiny Applin near the Navi Squad's base, and then my boyfriend played through Violet and the DLCs to help me evolve it right after I finished the Teal Mask DLC so I could have Hydrapple to play through most of the story with ❤️ ), Squawkabilly, Garganacl, Gyarados, Skeledirge, and Mimikyu. I'm so happy that after so many years, I can finally help Gyarados become the dragon-type menace he was always meant to be with terastilization.

Next 3 to 5 Star Raids will feature Luvdisc with Fairy teras to celebrate Valentines
luvdiscraids.jpg

These Luvdisc raids will give out higher Exp Candies and Rare Candies than the usual amount. These raids will last from February 11 to February 15.

Next 3 to 5 Star Raids will feature Luvdisc with Fairy teras to celebrate Valentines
View attachment 534597

These Luvdisc raids will give out higher Exp Candies and Rare Candies than the usual amount. These raids will last from February 11 to February 15.
They really know how to make us want to play the game :love: /s

Back