Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

So... Uh... Does anyone wants to do some coop BBQs together? Getting a lot of BPs to upgrade stuff in the Terrarium/Club room takes quite some time solo :'D

So... Uh... Does anyone wants to do some coop BBQs together? Getting a lot of BPs to upgrade stuff in the Terrarium/Club room takes quite some time solo :'D

I'd be willing to with you, but our time zones are pretty different, lol. Especially since I live in the US and you live in Europe. But if we happen to both be online at the same time, let me know!

I'd be willing to with you, but our time zones are pretty different, lol. Especially since I live in the US and you live in Europe. But if we happen to both be online at the same time, let me know!
I can help you with some BBQs. I live in the US and am not planning on going out today.

Time zone difference might be an issue hahah. But yeah, I'll let you know if we're both online and ask if you're available at that time

Next 7 Star Tera Raid is Blaziken with a Flying Tera, continuing Pokemon's goal of completing all starters
blazikenraids.jpg

This event will run from January 12 - January 14 and a repeat of this event will run from January 19 - January 21.

Since it has a Flying tera, expect Brave Bird shenanigans. Be sure to watch out for its Speed Boosts as well.

Mochi Mayhem event is now live!

Details from Serebii:

"The Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Epilogue is now available for players. This epilogue gives you access to a special story that has Nemona, Arven and Penny join you on a trip to Kitakami where things then go wrong. We're currently covering all details of this epilogue so be sure to keep checking back
The Epilogue requires you to complete The Indigo Disk's stories as well as participate in the Academy Ace Tournament at least one to activate, and is activated by receiving the Mythical Pecha Berry item through Mystery Gift -> Receive Via Internet and going to Peachy's in Mossui Town in Kitakami
"

You can access the Mythical Pecha Berry at any time since it has no end date. This is good for me and other players who currently don't have the game digitally or may want to do the quest at another time.

Mochi Mayhem event is now live!

Details from Serebii:

"The Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Epilogue is now available for players. This epilogue gives you access to a special story that has Nemona, Arven and Penny join you on a trip to Kitakami where things then go wrong. We're currently covering all details of this epilogue so be sure to keep checking back
The Epilogue requires you to complete The Indigo Disk's stories as well as participate in the Academy Ace Tournament at least one to activate, and is activated by receiving the Mythical Pecha Berry item through Mystery Gift -> Receive Via Internet and going to Peachy's in Mossui Town in Kitakami
"

You can access the Mythical Pecha Berry at any time since it has no end date. This is good for me and other players who currently don't have the game digitally or may want to do the quest at another time.
I'm glad they've brought back a some what mythical event like they used to do for Darkrai, Cresselia etc. Quite dissapointed it's locked behind the DLC though. There is nothing on this planet that will convince me to purchase the DLC I don't think

I'm glad they've brought back a some what mythical event like they used to do for Darkrai, Cresselia etc. Quite dissapointed it's locked behind the DLC though. There is nothing on this planet that will convince me to purchase the DLC I don't think
True. It's becoming a turnoff for me more and more. "Look you get all the starters!" Yeah, but pre-Gen 8 did that without a DLC paywall. How many QoL features will be taken away before others realize its just not the same anymore? Modern Pokemon is a shadow of its former self.

Last edited:
Finally got around to starting Indigo Disk DLC last night and found a Shiny Toucannon. Pokemon Sun was my first game and had him on my team. So excited to find one right away and plan on adding Fruitloops to my team.

i'll be playing as soon as i finished my current & final playthrough of legands arceus.... i'm looking forward to it ^^

Just started the Indigo Disk epilogue and immediately got reminded of a huge pet peeve I have in these games: it constantly offers you two dialogue options that both say the exact same thing.. Arven asked if he could come to my house and when I got there Nemona and Penny just decided that they were coming too, and Arven is like “it’s rude to show up uninvited!”
And I’m here like “hell yeah it is, go off bestie” but my two choices of response were “it’s fine” and “don’t worry about it” 😑

So minor and somehow so irritating 😆

Last edited:
Just started the Indigo Disk epilogue and immediately got reminded of a huge pet peeve I have in these games: it constantly offers you two dialogue options that both say the exact same thing.
The illusion of choice. Its maddening.

Is it worth getting the DLC?
From the perspective of someone that hasn't bought it but has watched it all on Youtube, No.

I can get all the pokemon through trading and just watch other people play it for free. Maybe if it was cheaper I'd buy it, but I personally wouldn't.

Another new distribution has been announced for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

This distribution is part of the celebration of the release of Pecharunt and gives all players a new Rotom phone case: the Neo Kitakami Rotom Phone. It is obtained with the code NE0R0T0MCOVER and currently has no end date.

1705338599773.png

The 'take a photo of a flying Pokemon' BBQ quests are the most annoying thing ever. They really feel like they should be easy, but...I swear, there are way less flying Pokemon than it seems like there should be. - And when you finally find one, it decides to land and walk around half the time.

The 'take a photo of a flying Pokemon' BBQ quests are the most annoying thing ever. They really feel like they should be easy, but...I swear, there are way less flying Pokemon than it seems like there should be. - And when you finally find one, it decides to land and walk around half the time.
True, I hate how they always land as you're taking the shot. I tend to go for levitating ones instead since they count too, I'll go to the polar region and snap a shot of milcery/solosis usually.

I hate that it automatically saves as a screenshot on my switch. My screenshot album is full of pictures of Geodudes lol

Back