• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Next 3 to 5 Star Raids Announced!

These raids will feature version exclusive mons
Stonjourner, Eiscue, Armorouge and Ceruledge

exclusiveraids.jpg

The mons Stonjourner, Eiscue, Armarouge, and Ceruledge will all spawn in your game regardless of which version of the game you have.

This event will run from February 16 - February 18 so be sure to get them if you haven't registered the other version's exclusives to your dex.

Finally some Pokémon news!

From Serebii:

"A Pokémon Presents has been announced. This is the annual Pokémon Day Pokémon Presents will air on February 27th at 14:00 UTC / 09:00 EST / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 23:00 JST. It's currently unclear what it will feature."

What do you think it might be? A new game? A new addition to Café Remix? More overpriced Pokémon products?

I think it might be a Legends-like game that will be the final game before the Switch 2. A remake might be out of the question considering we got BDSP for the Switch but you never know...

From Serebii:

"A Pokémon Presents has been announced. This is the annual Pokémon Day Pokémon Presents will air on February 27th at 14:00 UTC / 09:00 EST / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 23:00 JST. It's currently unclear what it will feature."

What do you think it might be? A new game? A new addition to Café Remix? More overpriced Pokémon products?

I think it might be a Legends-like game that will be the final game before the Switch 2. A remake might be out of the question comsidering we got BDSP for the Switch but you never know...
knowing Game Freak, it'll probably be something like "there's a new event pokemon! it's a pawmi that knows ember! log in before (insert date here) to claim it!". at this point I've lost all hope for something noteworthy.

From Serebii:

I think it might be a Legends-like game that will be the final game before the Switch 2. A remake might be out of the question considering we got BDSP for the Switch but you never know...
I really want it to be a new generation Pokemon game but if it's for the switch and not the next console, maybe it's one of the rumoured let's go johto games?

My guess is that most of it will be the usual Pokemon direct stuff: Pokemon Masters EX, Cafe Remix, GO, Unite, information on the world championship... plus 5 minutes of one new thing. I personally don't think it will be gen 10 related (I could be wrong, of course). I think it will be either a new Legends game or the Gen 5 remake (which I'm worried will look just like BDSP). My naive hope is that there will be a second wave of SV DLC bringing back more Pokemon (Scolipede? Kabutops? The Nidos?!) but I'm trying not to get my hopes up for that one...

ya know what would be funny? What if they added the BDSP models of Lucas and Dawn (and Barry ig) into Masters? and THAT was the masters announcement in the presents? and THEN they forget SV exist and don't add anything new for it? that sounds like game freak alright.

Please for the love of God if we are getting Gen 5 remakes they do NOT need to be released in 2024 it's just too, too soon please higher ups at TPC just slow the **** down and freaking wait at least another year or two and please GF do NOT let a third party be in charge of development please we do NOT need another BDSP remake failure....

Calling it right now: 2029 will be the year Gen 10 games release worldwide because Asteroid Apophis is going to visit Earth, and there's a 2.7% chance that Deoxys will be hitching a ride on it lmao 😂

New Outbreak news!
Catch Pokemon That Resemble PokéBalls!

voltorboutbreakevent.jpg

From Serebii:

"The next Mass Outbreak event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This event will feature a focus on the Pokémon with Poké Balls and will feature increased spawns of Foongus, Voltorb and a mystery Pokémon which cannot be normally found in Paldea but also resembles a Poké Ball. They are more likely to appear Shiny."

This event runs from February 23 - February 27.

If you look closely at the image the colours around the silhouette resemble the colours found on Hisuian Voltorb, which makes sense for this event.

New Outbreak news!
Catch Pokemon That Resemble PokéBalls!

View attachment 536992

From Serebii:

"The next Mass Outbreak event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This event will feature a focus on the Pokémon with Poké Balls and will feature increased spawns of Foongus, Voltorb and a mystery Pokémon which cannot be normally found in Paldea but also resembles a Poké Ball. They are more likely to appear Shiny."

This event runs from February 23 - February 27.

If you look closely at the image the colours around the silhouette resemble the colours found on Hisuian Voltorb, which makes sense for this event.
Deadass forgot about Hisuian Voltorb when I saw this lmao

The Pokémon Resembling Pokéballs event is now live!

From Serebii:
"The latest Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Mass Outbreak event has begun. This event causes Mass Outbreaks of Voltorb, Foongus and Hisuian Voltorb in Paldea to celebrate Pokémon Day. This runs until February 27th 2024 at 23:59 UTC. This event features increased chances of getting Shiny Pokémon in the event outbreaks."

This is also the chance to get a Hisuian Voltorb with a mark, you are into that thing. There isn't a special mark in this event so be sure to plan and be patient.

Next 7 Star Raids have been announced! They feature the Kanto starters in honour of Pokémon Day!
1709046293521.png

From Serebii:

"The next Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Tera Raid Battle events have been announced. There will be a trio of Raid Battles based on the Starter Pokémon from the Kanto Region

From 00:00 UTC on February 28th to 23:59 UTC on March 5th, a 7 Star Venusaur with the Ground Tera Type will be in Raid Battles

From 00:00 UTC on March 6th to 23:59 UTC on March 12th, a 7 Star Blastoise with the Steel Tera Type will be in Raid Battles

From 00:00 UTC on March 13th to 23:59 UTC on March 17th, a 7 Star Charizard with the Dragon Tera Type will be in Raid Battles. If you caught this in the previous event, then you will be unable to capture Charizard again."

Dragon, of course, made sense for Charizard.

Ground will make Venusaur difficult considering how bulky it is.

Steel makes sense for Blastoise. In fact, they should just re-type Blastoise as a Steel-type lol

Mighty Blastoise with Steel Tera is now live!

1709683992416.png

From Serebii:

"The latest Tera Raid Battle event is now live in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This is the Mighty Blastoise event. This event has Blastoise appearing in 7 Star Raids with the Steel Tera Type. As with all past 7 Star Raid events, players can only catch one Blastoise from raids per save file. This event runs until March 12th at 23:59 UTC as part of a two and a half week Kanto Starter celebration for Pokémon Day."

I honestly want another trailer with Z-A info.
That's what I'm really watching out for 👀

Mighty Charizard with Dragon Tera is now live!
1710300787743.png

From Serebii:

"The latest Tera Raid Battle event is now live in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This is the Mighty Charizard event. This event has Charizard appearing in 7 Star Raids with the Dragon Tera Type. As with all past 7 Star Raid events, players can only catch one Charizard from raids per save file and if you caught Charizard in its first appearance back in 2022, you will be unable to catch it again

This event runs until March 17th at 23:59 UTC as the final part of a two and a half week Kanto Starter celebration for Pokémon Day
."

Hopefully now that the Pokémon Day stuff is out of the way we'll get a new trailer? 👀

No? Probably 5 months from now? That's probably more accurate.

I missed out on the earlier Mighty Charizard events because I like to take my time with and savor my games, so I hadn't achieved the progress or levels required to take on 7-star raids at the time. I have long since achieved those, though, so I'll have to set aside some time this week, apart from the Farewell to New Leaf Online events currently ongoing here on the forums, to finally claim this thing.

Hi there! As those of you posting here can tell Kieran is my favorite Pokémon character! He’s just way cute cool! The way they developed his character made me feel bad for him, and I appreciate the twists and turns. And I like how his arc concludes on a good note!

Hmm… maybe there should be a Kieran Appreciation Thread! But that would be too specific for the Treehouse, and I don’t know the popular opinion on this wee one… I’m worried most people here won’t like him, and TBH that hurts my feelings. :(

Hi there! As those of you posting here can tell Kieran is my favorite Pokémon character! He’s just way cute cool! The way they developed his character made me feel bad for him, and I appreciate the twists and turns. And I like how his arc concludes on a good note!

Hmm… maybe there should be a Kieran Appreciation Thread! But that would be too specific for the Treehouse, and I don’t know the popular opinion on this wee one… I’m worried most people here won’t like him, and TBH that hurts my feelings. :(

It's not just you! I'm a Kieran fan as well. I simply have to appreciate my fellow Hydrapple enthusiast.

It sure didn't feel good taking away his favorite Pokemon and hurting his feelings... I really felt like a villain. I wished that I could just tell Ogerpon "this guy really likes you a lot, why don't you go with him?" But no, I have to vacuum up all the legendaries because I'm the MC. It's just not fair! I also felt it wasn't fair that he got 'demolished' by Nemona in the epilogue. I know that Nemona is supposed to be one of the canonically strongest battlers, but Kieran was the undefeated champion of the Blueberry league until we showed up and ruined everything (yet again)
I haven't gotten around to trading with him yet, but I totally plan on evolving his Applin into a Hydrapple and taking it online at some point. If he isn't allowed to win in universe, I'll at least help his Applin get to the top! (or at least to Master Ball tier)

I also felt it wasn't fair that he got 'demolished' by Nemona in the epilogue. I know that Nemona is supposed to be one of the canonically strongest battlers, but Kieran was the undefeated champion of the Blueberry league until we showed up and ruined everything (yet again)
YKW? I was expecting him to win against Nemona! In my experience battling her after Victory Road it was a piece of cake. Now, here comes Kieran almost wiping out my Pokemon. I had to use Max Revives and Full Restores and stuff to keep going.

I haven't gotten around to trading with him yet, but I totally plan on evolving his Applin into a Hydrapple and taking it online at some point. If he isn't allowed to win in universe, I'll at least help his Applin get to the top! (or at least to Master Ball tier)
Sounds great! As PaRappa the Rapper would say, you gotta believe!

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot! When the next generation comes I’m definitely adding Kieran’s Applin to my team. I’ll have to wait until Pokemon Home supports this new game though. We know how long it took for that to reach Scarlet and Violet…

Last edited:
If you are a fan of ribbons a new distribution has begun.

From Serebii:

"A new distribution has begun. This distribution is to celebrate the Pokémon anime in Japan and offers you Liko's Sprigatito. This Sprigatito comes with the Partner Ribbon and IVs of 20.
This event is obtained with the code L1K0W1TH906 and is available until September 30th 2024 at 02:59 UTC
."

Back