• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

I have to turn on Location every time and wait like 5 mins for it to work and then it drains my battery which already drains super quick.

Also I can't seem to find any new Pokemon... I tried to catch a Rattata yesterday but when I threw the Pokeball it went inside and nothing happened so I had to close the app :/

I have to turn on Location every time and wait like 5 mins for it to work and then it drains my battery which already drains super quick.

Also I can't seem to find any new Pokemon... I tried to catch a Rattata yesterday but when I threw the Pokeball it went inside and nothing happened so I had to close the app :/
I've had that bug twice now, where the pokemon is caught, but the game basically freezes. If you close the app, and stay where you are, and re-open it the pokemon will still be there. Basically just reboot and try again. I think you even get back any balls you may have wasted before rebooting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lost surver connection while tryna catch a Golbat, there was also a drowzee, and Nidorino I missed -_-

maybe I'm lucky but I have no problem with catching Pokemon without leaving the house. I was at home all day yesterday and caught like 10 Pokemon. all I had to do was check on the app now and then and Pokemon would pop up. it takes patience though, because the map is definitely empty more often than not. I'm leaving the house today though, so I'm interested to see if I manage to find different Pokemon.

I caught that Golbat, but that Nidorino/a is gone now, and so is Drowzee. I really want some psychic and ghost types already v,v

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I am such a bad aim omg. I'm almost outta pokeballs, I need to level up fast

So, for the most part, I think the app is pretty great. Even though we don't battle wild pokemon, they can still break free of pokeballs, and the real challenge is aiming the balls imo. One current issue though is the server connection. The serve has gone down or closed several times today, and each time it happened, just so happened to be while I was catching a pokemon, or hunting several new ones. While I shouldn't complain, since the game is so new, how could the server failure timing be so bad for me!? I just found a venonat finally, and the server went down :(

The only negative thing I really have to say about Go so far is that it was kinda irresponsible of Niantic/TPCi to release the app just a few days after Closed Beta. Should have waited a little longer to ensure plenty of servers and to work out some complaints/bugs from the Beta.

Mostly just bummed because I went on a long walk today and Go kept dying on me. :( The egg I got at a Pokestop earlier should have hatched but because the servers are overloaded it stayed on 1.4 KM. Also sad all the Eevees and Tauros kept fleeing.

The only negative thing I really have to say about Go so far is that it was kinda irresponsible of Niantic/TPCi to release the app just a few days after Closed Beta. Should have waited a little longer to ensure plenty of servers and to work out some complaints/bugs from the Beta.

Mostly just bummed because I went on a long walk today and Go kept dying on me. :( The egg I got at a Pokestop earlier should have hatched but because the servers are overloaded it stayed on 1.4 KM. Also sad all the Eevees and Tauros kept fleeing.

Yeah, this. This is like my only problem tbh. That and I have a hard time catching anything with my aim. I'm gonna have to buy pokeballs before long. Unfortunately, even with the powersave mode setting turned on, it still drains a lot of battery. I was tracking a ghastly today, and my phone died. I was very disappointed, since ghost types are number 1 for me, and it was my first ghost type encounter.

I was sitting in my room and the app said an eevvee was near

I ran allllll the way down my private road and it was there at the very end ;w;

I was sitting in my room and the app said an eevvee was near

I ran allllll the way down my private road and it was there at the very end ;w;

Congrats! I lost a Ghastly, i'm cri evertim ;_;

I've only been able to play maybe once? That was yesterday. Every time I get on now the servers are down.

I've only been able to play maybe once? That was yesterday. Every time I get on now the servers are down.

Maybe it's your area or just really bad timing. The servers have gone down quite a few times for me, but I've still be actively playing most of the day today :s

Maybe it's your area or just really bad timing. The servers have gone down quite a few times for me, but I've still be actively playing most of the day today :s

Yeah, this. This is like my only problem tbh. That and I have a hard time catching anything with my aim. I'm gonna have to buy pokeballs before long. Unfortunately, even with the powersave mode setting turned on, it still drains a lot of battery. I was tracking a ghastly today, and my phone died. I was very disappointed, since ghost types are number 1 for me, and it was my first ghost type encounter.

I think with the number of Pokestop near me I'm kinda set on Pokeballs, since those seem to come out more than anything else. Worst case scenario I spend a day off hitting them all up repeatedly walking in a circle. Sorry for your loss. :(

I think with the number of Pokestop near me I'm kinda set on Pokeballs, since those seem to come out more than anything else. Worst case scenario I spend a day off hitting them all up repeatedly walking in a circle. Sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks lol, since the best way to get new pokemon is through evolving, rather than catching evolved pokemon, I think it's great you have access to so many pokeballs. Need to rack up those candies! By the way, for anyone who sees this and doesn't know yet, if you transfer a pokemon to the professor (delete the pokemon) you get one extra candy, plus you keep the ones it came with when you caught it. So, it doesn't hurt to have duplicates! :) I wish I wasn't living in suc a remote area. Who knows when I'll find a Pokestop or something *_*

Thanks lol, since the best way to get new pokemon is through evolving, rather than catching evolved pokemon, I think it's great you have access to so many pokeballs. Need to rack up those candies! By the way, for anyone who sees this and doesn't know yet, if you transfer a pokemon to the professor (delete the pokemon) you get one extra candy, plus you keep the ones it came with when you caught it. So, it doesn't hurt to have duplicates! :) I wish I wasn't living in suc a remote area. Who knows when I'll find a Pokestop or something *_*
If you're near any churches, monuments or historical markers there should be a Pokestop nearby. Seems like they just ported the Ingress stuff over, I think Jubs posted a map a few pages back.

If you're near any churches, monuments or historical markers there should be a Pokestop nearby. Seems like they just ported the Ingress stuff over, I think Jubs posted a map a few pages back.
Ah man, I can think of some places like that. There is a small church not TOO far from here. Maybe I can walk there in a little while and just check. Aside from that though, most of the BIG stuff is too far to walk to, and I legally can't drive right now.

I got the eevee hours ago, haven't been able to get on since.

With the lack of pokestops by me (there is one like 20 mins away and i cant go there all the time or even often) I'll run out of pokeballs and either have to buy some with real money or be forced to stop playing

In my area, the servers have been down since around 10 in the morning. (so for about 6 hours) I left to go for a walk and the servers just died on me. Good news is, there's a ton of pokestops at my local park. Like a crap ton. Too bad I only got through half of them before the servers died RIP.

I use my Pokemon Trainer Club account, and I'm starting to realize that might not be the best idea. It seems like the Pokemon website gets overwhelmed relatively easy. Hopefully they'll fix that soon and I won't have to worry about it.

See I don't have stuff like that where I'm at. Is it possible to play without Pokestops? There's not a stop nor a gym anywhere in the town it seems...

Also servers down again? Went for a walk in my backyard but apparently Pokemon don't appear when the Pokeball is spinning in the corner so that was a massive waste of time.

Back