• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

I have 2.
People who spit gum on the sidewalk.

This one time i was going to a nearby cvs to get some candy and this man was chewing gum and spat it riight where I was about to walk. Eww. There was a trash can right there too. I told the guy that was nasty, and he was just like šŸ¤Øand walked away. Ever since then whenever I see dried up gum on the sidewalk, I try to step as far away from it as possible.

People who don't clean up after their dogs.
I live on a street that's pretty nice, but is next to a street that people love to speed down and have parties and whatnot. And just whaddya know, half of the street are dog owners. Not too bad right? Wrong. For some reason (probably because thier own street is too crazy to walk on, especially with a dog) they like to walk on our street. Not too bad, right? Still wrong. THEY DON'T PICK UP AFTER THEIR DOGS.
There was one lady who had 3 dogs and they went #2 on the street, so devilish me took a camera and asked the woman if she knew that her dogs went #2 on the sidewalk. (She said no at first but as soon as she saw the camera, she said yes). Ever since then, that hasn't been a big thing on my street, but it still happens, but it's uncommon.

I have A LOT more, but I think I will just list them as they happen like my first one.

people who assume you're not listening to them when you ask them what they said. i have really bad trouble focusing or being able to listen due to living in an extremely loud environment, so at times i'm unable to understand every word said ā€” it's like my ears and brain are constantly drifting in and out of focus.

it's not that i don't want to listen to you. i'm just trying to.

this one is terrible as itā€™s a natural thing but when someone blows their nose around me oh my gOSH
i donā€™t know what it is but it just- no it disturbs me and i feel terrible about it obviously
but something about it i donā€™t know it drives me insane and i feel all squirmy on the inside

Probably said but I encounter it too often lately. People who upload in FLAC rather than just regular mp3 or whatever. Shame on you.

Gossiping is one of my big ones. I don't like when someone talks about others behind their back or acts fake depending on what situation it is. I don't thin km I have any other ones minus maybe dishes clattering loudly haha.

don't mind me just resurrecting an almost year old thread so I can complain again

Another pet peeve of mine is when you try your best to pronounce a foreign word, knowing full well that you're pronouncing it very wrong, and then someone makes fun of the way you pronounced it. Of course I pronounced it wrong, I don't speak the language ya dingus. I've never heard what the names of Ukrainian cities sounded like before this, sooooooooo exCUSE ME šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦

I really dislike kids at jobs that are loud, immature, and donā€™t do any work. I sometimes feel like they donā€™t even want to be there, but their parents forced them to get jobs for discipline or whatever. At least I donā€™t have to let it distract me because my job doesnā€™t require communication with anyone and allows me to keep to myself. I just mind my own business.

I am always a very happy person that loves to talk to anyone BUT... there is one thing that if you do I will avoid you at all costs cause it makes me get so angry.

And that is people you have loud eating sounds, loud chewing of food , opening theirs mouths to eat while making loud sounds.

I can not handle it at all.

Twelve year old girls online who think their so mature now that their almost teenagers and they speak in fluent valley girl speak and have cringey trends
This and they think they are so woke, like go back playing with your Polly Pockets or whatever sigh.

Mom's in their twenties who don't control their kids and let them disrespect everyone and run wild because the moms are too busy talking about stuff women in their twenties usually talk about
This or basically any young parent being glued to their phone, or lets their kid play with it cause I need "mom time" when I'm in a mall or stuff. Like get your partner or someone to babysit if you can't control them or better yet why did you have a kid lol.

omg thank you for resurrecting this thread because I've encountered like 2 few pet peeves the last few days.

First pet peeve is an acquaintance/stranger asking me how I'm doing or something before getting into the meat of what they want from me. If you need something from me then just say it; it feels fake asking someone you barely know how they are just to follow up with "Hey btw so I need a favor". I'm okay with friends doing this since I know they're sincere with asking about me, but if you barely know me then please just get straight to the point.

Second pet peeve is crying children. Children are cute and fun to be around with until they start crying. It peeves me the same way a lot get peeved with nails on a chalkboard.

(I know I have a lot more, but I can't fully remember them rn LOL. I'll post more when I do because i like ranting šŸ¤§)

Also yeah might have mentioned before, but yeah people using "wholesome"... Like unless you are saying it to a a weetabix cracker please... don't />_>/

-This one's pretty common, but I also can't stand people chewing with their mouth open, and also: heavy breathing while chewing. It's a little disturbing.
-If I mention not wanting children, when people want to turn that into a debate. šŸ™ƒ Or people trying to undermine the things I want/don't want in life in general.
-Also, when people make snap assumptions about someone, typically based off stereotypes about their appearance/circumstances. Obviously not all judgments are bad/can be important for personal safety/etc. I'm talking about the frivolous/negative ones though. It sucks to be on the receiving end of it, and it's painful to see people doing it to others.
-And also when people make fun of others for liking some harmless thing. Life is short, if it's not hurting anybody, then let people have the things that bring them happiness.
-Overly loud music. I hate that feeling of sound vibrations in my chest.
-When people block narrow hallways/aisles/etc. I feel so awkward trying to move through. ;A;

Also yeah might have mentioned before, but yeah people using "wholesome"... Like unless you are saying it to a a weetabix cracker please... don't />_>/
Oops I really hope I don't say this too much if this is annoying, I call really kind people "wholesome" as a compliment like their just as sweet as wholesome food. šŸ˜…

ā€¢ People that used to bully me and others in school posting anti-bullying garbage?? Like donā€™t act like you stand against bullying when you yourself do it.
ā€¢ People who donā€™t know how to readā€¦ like someone yelled at me when I wouldnā€™t sell them a 99 cent slushie when the sign was advertising slushie straws! Learn how to read and donā€™t take it out on the cashier.
ā€¢ People who blame the cashier for everything or think everything is the cashierā€™s fault. Card not being read? Cashierā€™s fault. Item was in the wrong spot and itā€™s not ringing up the price you thought? Cashierā€™s fault. Bathrooms are dirty? Complain to the cashier. Seriously, people. Thereā€™s a reason I donā€™t work in customer service anymore.
ā€¢ This is more of a me problem, but I hate people walking on floors I just mopped. Iā€™m very OCD when it comes to cleaning and Iā€™ll keep your area clean, just help me help you. Donā€™t wipe stuff directly on the floor. Sweep it into the garbage can. Especially if itā€™s slow enough you donā€™t have to rush.

Oh dear where do I even start here is all the things that just gets on my nerves in life:

1. People who cut you off when driving
2. People who don't remember the things you told them despite telling them many times.
3. Computer always being slow
4. Whenever there is Thunderstorm I always I have to unplug everything so that my stuff doesn't get destroyed by a lighting strike.
5. Whenever I go into a public bathroom there is always disgusting stuff all over the place it makes me want to vomit.
6. When Doctors keep giving you lectures about how to loose weight despite hearing this so many times.
7. People who think that they can solve others problems without having experiencing what problems said person goes through.
8. Whenever you hear "I'll always be there for you" it never seems to be the case as the years go by and they forget about you.
9. Whenever the Power goes out during the middle of a game or TV show.
10. This is a me problem, but I despise loud noises because it hurts my ears and it gives me a headache.

Oops I really hope I don't say this too much if this is annoying, I call really kind people "wholesome" as a compliment like their just as sweet as wholesome food. šŸ˜…
It's definitely not a personal attack, don't worry but yeah it just annoys me cause I figure people are talking to a weetabix cracker lmao and not as a compliment for others. Personally I just say sweet/nice/great whatever depending on occasion aha cause it sounds weird to me if you are referring to people like that, but yeah personal use I guess :p
Post automatically merged:

ā€¢ People that used to bully me and others in school posting anti-bullying garbage?? Like donā€™t act like you stand against bullying when you yourself do it.
ā€¢ People who donā€™t know how to readā€¦ like someone yelled at me when I wouldnā€™t sell them a 99 cent slushie when the sign was advertising slushie straws! Learn how to read and donā€™t take it out on the cashier.
ā€¢ People who blame the cashier for everything or think everything is the cashierā€™s fault. Card not being read? Cashierā€™s fault. Item was in the wrong spot and itā€™s not ringing up the price you thought? Cashierā€™s fault. Bathrooms are dirty? Complain to the cashier. Seriously, people. Thereā€™s a reason I donā€™t work in customer service anymore.
ā€¢ This is more of a me problem, but I hate people walking on floors I just mopped. Iā€™m very OCD when it comes to cleaning and Iā€™ll keep your area clean, just help me help you. Donā€™t wipe stuff directly on the floor. Sweep it into the garbage can. Especially if itā€™s slow enough you donā€™t have to rush.
100% on all this.

For the first thing, that and in general people posting anti-bullying/racism/phobia things just to look good or just obviously took part either. Sure people can change but you can tell some are hypocrites lol.

I used to do cashier work as part of work practice some years ago with rather... special people coming in and yeah people definitely didn't read signs, pretended not to understand or basically thought we were robots that can't do wrong or miss anything. This was at a second hand store but yeah people did complain a lot...like bruh we're selling used good things for a charity purpose not to cater to your brand new needs smh.

Last edited:
Back