• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinions on happy home designer?

Fun but repetitive. It just personally does not feel rewarding at times in terms of progressing to a certain point where you are not seeing anything as unlocks. It is quite nice to visualized houses and plans you may want to create, but want to save on time by not gathering the items to see. I like that you are able to talk to villagers in the "town" area casually once they have houses. It is probably one of my favorite things of the game.

I played it all day for a week when I got my wisdom teeth out and never again after that. It wasn't that bad, I liked how you could have houses located in different environments and how there was a front yard to decorate, but I'm not a huge design person in the first place so it got a bit boring.

I don't think it's awful at all. If anything, especially for me, it's a very fun and relaxing game to play in my spare time. I just recently completed a shop that is a botique/barber, and I really like how it turned out. I'm not sure how many houses I have left that I can decorate, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and tbh I'll be sad when it's over.

Whoever says that it's the worst of the series is either not an AC fan or has never seen/played Amiibo Festival lol

I actually really enjoyed HHD. It helped me get new ideas in my houses, because I found myself never mixing furniture until playing HHD.

I still enjoy it. Decorating in AC is my favorite thing, so I am still a big fan of HHD.

I enjoyed HHD but then I lost it and when I found it again, I didn't enjoy it as much. Decorating is fun but being limited by certain items that an animal wants in their house got old fast. If you wanted to change that and upgrade their houses, you'd have to go out of your way to revisit the house. I enjoyed visiting the animals I decorated for and having yards and decorating the public buildings. Probably the thing I disliked the most was just how jumbled it felt. You can search for items but sometimes you forget the name and have to flip through pages and pages and pages of items just to find one thing.

I played a little but of it. I think it's ok. Not really the biggest fan but I don't hate it

i still play happy home designer quite often. it really helps me plan out rooms in my houses and helps me come up with layout/theme ideas. and i love the ability of decorating yards with furniture (even though i almost always pick the same except plot size and season lol)

I play it every now and then. It's fun in short bursts but definitely not a long term game you can play consistently like new leaf.

It wasn't my favourite game, but I feel like that's because room design was never a huge strong suit of mine in the other AC games. I don't think this game is a sell-out, I think it was pretty good for what it is.

It's a fun gam in all, but you can only do so much decorating at a time. I wish the character would actually rate the home you decorated vs just saying awesome

I really enjoy playing it!
I just don't like when the Villagers want something in their house that I can't stand x)

I bought it 50% because I like decorating and 50% because it was with the amiibo reader, cheaper than buying the reader by itself :D It's nice, but not as entertaining as a "real" Animal Crossing game. I love having carpets though!

I think it is pretty good game! It does get repetive if you play it to much. I try to play it everyother day or so. I like how they added some cool new funiture. I also really love how you can move funiure in smaller increments. One more thing I really like is the hanging items from the celings such as the lights or decor.

I personally enjoy playing it. I really like decorating so I really enjoyed the game. But it gets boring real quick. It gets really repetitive, and it feels like you're decorating houses for nothin'. I'm quite surprised I still find the motivation to continue playing it.

At this point, I only play HHD just to pass the time and do whatever. It's a great game though. I just wish it was more rewarding...

Back