• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

NSMBWii Review

pear40 said:
Comatose2009 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Then get some friends that actually live in the same city as you. It's not hard...
Tip: Finding someone who still gives a damn about Mario and the Wii in a world dominated by FPS and better games is pretty damn hard.

@Above Post: My Gamestop doesn't care about the Wii. =D
FPS are over-rated.

A good Mario game destroys a good FPS any day.
Sorry, but I can't stand any Mario games. They are the epitome of cash ins.
I never liked the good ones either, simply because I dislike platformers, and the story is a big part of a game for me, and it's non-existent in Mario.
"I'm sorry but the princess is in another castle." Is the storyline to Mario.

bdubs2594 said:
Alecks said:
bdubs2594 said:
you'll be stupid to not pick it up!
More like stupid TO pick it up.

This game is a rent at best. It's incredibly easy and you can run through it in about one sitting if you're determined enough.
Easy?

Hilarious.

And you're making assumptions when you don't even have it.

And yes Aaron, I really expected online on this, but was dissapointed with it.

And aha, your NSMB sig inspired me Crash :'3
The cracked version was released for Wii about a 2 weeks ago, smart guy. Yes, I have played it. Yes, I thought it was incredibly easy. Yes, I beat the main storyline in about 2 days. It's not worth 50 whole dollars in my opinion.
Have you played it with other people? Because the difficulty (and fun) gets even better the more people you have playing.

Why is this SOOOOOOOOO popular?
It's JUST a remake of the DS version with better graphics and a FEW more features...

Palad said:
[n,Nov 18 2009, 12:01:44 AM]Why is this SOOOOOOOOO popular?
It's JUST a remake of the DS version with better graphics and a FEW more features...
It's actually a brand new game with different levels.

Comatose2009 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
People need to learn to be more social. >_>
I'm pretty social, it's just that, some can't travel all the way to freaking Ohio or something to go play a multiplayer game.
Then get some friends that actually live in the same city as you. It's not hard...
Tip: Finding someone who still gives a damn about Mario and the Wii in a world dominated by FPS and better games is pretty damn hard.

@Above Post: My Gamestop doesn't care about the Wii. =D
FPS are over-rated.

A good Mario game destroys a good FPS any day.
Quoted for the truth.

NSMBWii is quite different from the DS version.

New levels, new challenges, rescue Toads, Koopalings, more worlds, new power-ups, lack of annoying shell and mega 'shroom, multiplayer, coin battles, playable Toads...

Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Are you being sarcastic?
Because i hear its just like a replica.

NSMBWii is quite different from the DS version.

New levels, new challenges, rescue Toads, Koopalings, more worlds, new power-ups, lack of annoying shell and mega 'shroom, multiplayer, coin battles, playable Toads...

Oh nevermind...

SO is it worth it to buy if you already have the DS version?

Palad said:
[n,Nov 18 2009, 12:14:06 AM]
Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Are you being sarcastic?
Not being sarcastic at all, whoever told you obviously hasn't played the game. The graphics and some music are similar, that's it.

Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Are you being sarcastic?
Not being sarcastic at all, whoever told you obviously hasn't played the game. The graphics and some music are similar, that's it.
So is it worth getting if you have the DS version?

Palad said:
[n,Nov 18 2009, 12:16:49 AM]
Nikoking said:
Palad said:
[n,Nov 18 2009, 12:14:06 AM]
Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Are you being sarcastic?
I haven't played it, but my friends have and they say it's the best wii game out so far. I'd get it, you won't regret it.

I've only played it at my friend's house, but it actually poses a challenge. I don't know if it's just the controls I'm not used to, but it's not particularly easy.

Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Nikoking said:
Are you being sarcastic?
I haven't played it, but my friends have and they say it's the best wii game out so far. I'd get it, you won't regret it.
kk ill think about it.
Thanks for your insight.
I just gotta seperate the rumors from opinions from facts.

It's a great game.

I wouldn't place it above FE:RD, Brawl, or Galaxy, but it is a close 4th behind them.

I just bought the game two days ago, and it's GREAT! It's definitely a challenge, harder than NSMB DS but it's hella fun and the controls are great. I like the new moves and items, but I REALLY want in the next Mario platformer is a Mega Mushroom and Wi-fi so you can play when your little siblings are tired of losing and you want someone to play with. Buy this game. Seriously.

Palad said:
[n,Nov 18 2009, 12:19:04 AM]
Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
Nikoking said:
Paladin said:
kk ill think about it.
Thanks for your insight.
I just gotta seperate the rumors from opinions from facts.
Here's a tip: don't listen to rumors. Go play the game for yourself and make your own opinion.

Okay, so we've unlocked four of the eight levels in World 9, and damn are they hard. AND THERE ARE NO CHECKPOINTS!! Seriously, this game has a ton of challenge.

I just got the game today but I haven't played it yet. I will soon, though!

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">So, yesterday, i got all the star coins in World 8, World 9-8 was pretty fun, but there were big ass bullet bills D=</div>

Back