• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Super Mafia Party: Sign-Ups

obs please!
can i be put in obs??
put me in obs please :)
never played before but this looks like a lot of fun! can i be placed in obs please!
Could I get obs?
Upon further discussion, we've decided to limit the observers' chat to dead players. I've updated the main post accordingly - apologies for the confusion!

If you'd like to sign up either as a player or as a replacement, feel free. :)

I would strongly recommend having a second OBS chat for spectators, if possible.

This is likely from my own desire to Grow the Mafia community.

although if you guys don't make one I probably will.... unless you tell me I am strictly allowed to not do that.

it really helps drives spectators to want to play in future games, and can do a lot.

also gimme obs if you decide to do that.

although if you guys don't make one I probably will.... unless you tell me I am strictly allowed to not do that.
Please do not do this. We would appreciate if the community could respect any boundaries we set or decisions we make regarding this game.

didn’t catch it from reading the op, but is the thread open or locked during nights?

I assume there will be some time between when we know when sign up closes and when it actually closes? I'm both interested and scared to join, undecided as of right now haha but don't want to miss the deadline in case I do

I assume there will be some time between when we know when sign up closes and when it actually closes? I'm both interested and scared to join, undecided as of right now haha but don't want to miss the deadline in case I do
sell your soul to the great godfather

I'll observe unless you reeeally need a player. As in 'going to have to abandon hosting the game/setup because not enough players' levels of necessity.
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind no obs. Womp womp.

Not sure how much time, but there will be some time between when we set a closing time for sign-ups and when they actually close.

I have a very dense vacation from the 24th to 28th but if the game doesn't take place during those days I maaaay consider joining.

@LaBelleFleur I read the OP and don't see what voting mechanic you'll be using. There are different ones that have been used on TBT. Sorry if my eyes missed it.

Plurality: voting ends at the designated EoD time and whoever has the most votes is eliminated. In the case of a tie, the first one to reach that tied majority is the one who will be eliminated.

Majority (randomized tiebreaking): voting ends at the designated EoD time and whoever has the most votes is eliminated. In the case of a tie, the elimination will be chosen at random by the host.

Majority (auto-elimination): Each day there is a set majority of players based on the numbers and if a person reaches that majority number they are automatically eliminated. I'm assuming you're not using this because it's difficult to do without modbots.

You'll probably get asked about this during the game if it's not clarified. Imo the middle one is best because plurality can lead to some minor situational abuse by a skilled mafia team and can be confusing to newer players. I noticed you used the phrase 'non-majority-decided' in one point so I wasn't sure.

I also recommend a sort of "ready check" where you begin the game once all the players PM you back that they have seen their role PM? Long sign-ups can lead to people forgetting about the game entirely which always just hurts the spirit of the game and can really skew balance.

I will certainly not have as much time going into this one as I did the last one, but I'm excited to give mafia another go! I'll probably be more traditional this time around.

Back