• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plushie Poltergeist Dress-up

20211030_164827_1.jpg

look, it's a pretty flower

would you like to smell it?

FCjE2pcXMAgb8lF

Once upon a time there was a little dear who was loved by every one who looked at her, but most of all by her grandmother, and there was nothing that she would not have given to the child.
Once she gave her a little red cape, which suited her so well that she would never wear anything else.
So she was always called Little Red Riding Hood.

FCjE2G-XsAACuhX

My husband called this costume ‘Cirque du Tabby’ (if only my Soleil plush had arrived…)

Basically, I intended this to be a marionette outfit, but she looks more like a circus ringmaster.

F5A67A2E-E2C6-481B-9961-EC73165DEF2E.jpeg

Materials: embossed black woven fabric for dress and hat. Details made from ribbon, with one pompom on hat. Everything’s made by me except for the headband that the hat is attached to.

Papier mâché is really fun, until you realise you can be bad at it. 😱

Anyway, Bear is dressed as a spooky pumpkin! 😊🎃

I made the pumpkin out of newspaper, paper towel, flour, spray paint, acrylic paint, hot glue and a tiny piece of wood for the stem. I used a beach ball as the form, and tied yarn over it to make the ridges of the pumpkin. Mistakes: I read paper towel gIves a nice texture (it did not). The ridges in the beach ball looked very pumpkin-like, but once I had layered over it, the ridges were mostly lost!

Spooky Pumpki-bear

xe3T0EA.jpg

Here he is: Solid yoshi, aka solid cobrat!
IMG_20211030_233054.jpg

Time is ticking, and an there is an unsolved mystery in the manor! The details are very limited, and due to limited detectives, solid cobrat was called to the case! Can solid cobrat solve the mystery? It won't be easy! He'll have to search everywhere, including the shelf of the most wierd, and disoriented lab creations in the laboratory for answers!

I'd been re-playing Bully recently and Roc here likes to sit where he can see the TV. He was inspired to dress up as his favorite character, Russel Northrop and shout "Roc... likes to hurt people... for peace!" (although I'm going to have to have some words with him about how stealing motorcycles isn't okay, even if you promise it's for a good cause)
plushiedressup.png

Back