• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plushie Poltergeist Dress-up

Nefarious

♦ Feathered Fiend ♦
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Rotating Fool's Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Raven Wings Potion
Raven Wings Potion
Angel Wings Potion
Raven Wings Potion
Raven Wings Potion
tbtPlushiePoltergeist.png

Deciding it best to take the stairs up to the second level of the Bell Tree Manor, you walk down the hall and come upon the door to the main bedroom. You hesitate to grasp the doorknob, but you find the courage to confront whatever awaits you inside. You're welcomed to a room wall-to-wall covered in stuffed animals and plush toys. You get the feeling that they're all staring at you. It's all very unsettling, but you can't help but notice how bare and unintimidating they look. Somehow you have the feeling that this is making the plushies feel dejected... Nothing a bit of creativity and a pair of scissors can't fix!

Task 🧸

Your task is to dress up a stuffed animal or plush doll in their very own Halloween costume!

How to Participate 🧸

• Pick out a stuffed animal or plush doll to dress.
  • Create an outfit for the plushie to wear.
  • Take a photo of your plushie wearing it's Halloween outfit along with your Bell Tree username written clearly on a notecard.
  • Post your picture in this thread by 11:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October, 2021.
    • However, please note that to be eligible to be nominated for a Halloween Favorite your entry must be submitted by the earlier deadline of 2:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October 2021!

Rules 🧸

• Must be your own work and photo.
  • You may use crafts and pre-existing items
    • However, whole premade outfits specifically made for plush toys and dolls (ie. Build-a-Bear outfits, Squishable undercovers, American Girl outfits, Porcelain doll dresses, etc.) are not allowed.
      • Using small accessories pieces, like hats intended for pets, glasses or skirts for dolls are ok as long as it is used as a small piece to your whole design.
  • Keep all outfits appropriate. A little blood is okay, but no adult or hateful content.
  • Your Bell Tree username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • Please do not edit your entry after submitting, unless asked by a staff member.

How to Submit 🧸

To submit, please post your photo directly to this thread!
Please remember to include your Bell Tree username in your photo.

Prizes 🧸

Participation:
  • 30 Haunted Coins
  • 1 Golden Haunted Coin
Halloween Favorites:
  • 1st Place: 40 Haunted Coins
  • 2nd Place: 30 Haunted Coins
  • 3rd Place: 20 Haunted Coins
  • 4th Place: 10 Haunted Coins
Frequently Asked Questions 🧸

Q. How will the Halloween Favorites be decided?
A. The staff will review and nominate entries to go to a community poll. Only entries submitted by 2:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October 2021 will be eligible to be nominated.​
Q. Can I dress my plush in human clothing?
A. You can, as long as it's just a small part to your whole design. There has to be more to it than just a spooky shirt.​

Q. Can I use porcelain dolls or ball jointed dolls?
A. No, only plush dolls and stuffed animals are accepted. It must be made completely or near completely out of soft materials. If you're unsure if your plush friend qualifies, feel free to send the host a PM directly!​
Q. I don't own any plush toy, can I use a pillow and dress that instead?
A. For this event we're not accepting pillows as a substitute.​
Q. Can I use a Pokémon plushie or [insert anime/cartoon/Disney character] plushie?
A. Yes, as long as they're are made completely or near completely out of soft materials they are allowed.​
Q. Does the outfit have to be traditionally Halloween themed?
A. No, you can make your plushies cosplay as characters from your favorite game or show! You just need to clearly state what your plush is dressed as and where they're from.​
Though, you can't have the plush dressed as themselves, so no Pikachu plush cosplaying as a Pikachu.

Last edited:

A0E0EF34-1FEB-42CA-B794-505D5852DD16.jpeg

Lo and behold: budget Harry Potter ⚡
Because merch prices are scary.​

Totoro always dreamed of being a wizard. I get a feeling he’d be besties with Hagrid.

Old Gryffindor sock
Scarf
Yellow yarn
80s wrist hoopies from my mom’s stash
Wire
More yarn
Knitting needle
Cursed owl
Paper and sharpie

Screenshot_20211024-041428__01.jpg
Screenshot_20211024-041447__01.jpg

My stuffed cat Buttercup dressed as Darth Vader this Halloween. The helmet was made by creating a model out of cardboard, tape, and plastic which was then covered in fabric. The cape is just made out of fabric. I'm not great at making costumes but this was so fun to make

Hope it's okay to ask since I have kinda doubts now if my entry is okay: The rules says that premade outfits specifically made for plush toys are not allowed. Do outfits from porcelain dolls however count too or not? Because I used the dress of a porcelain doll and modified it a bit and I'm not sure now if it's against the rules or not. :/

Hope it's okay to ask since I have kinda doubts now if my entry is okay: The rules says that premade outfits specifically made for plush toys are not allowed. Do outfits from porcelain dolls however count too or not? Because I used the dress of a porcelain doll and modified it a bit and I'm not sure now if it's against the rules or not. :/

After discussing it with the other staff members, we came to the decision that it does fall into the premade outfit rule. You may edit your previous post with a new entry if you like.

image1.jpg

my homie tubby just wanted to pop in and say that he can and will chop off your head
image0.jpg

"queen of hearts"

• sticky notes cut in half
• a broken hair clip
• some ribbon
• a dirty paper clip
• paper colored with marker
• a cut up doll skirt
• a sad (but clean) singular sock

oh rip i didn’t read the new no doll clothes rule orz i’ve swapped the cut up skirt for some scrap fabric if i’m able to resubmit TT

oh rip i didn’t read the new no doll clothes rule orz i’ve swapped the cut up skirt for some scrap fabric if i’m able to resubmit TT

What you have right now is fine. As the skirt is cut up and an accessory to your whole outfit. My only goal with the no premade outfit rule was to prevent having complete outfits that one can purchase for their plush toys and encourage crafting. I'll try to reword the rules a bit better to make this as clear as possible.

After discussing it with the other staff members, we came to the decision that it does fall into the premade outfit rule. You may edit your previous post with a new entry if you like.
Understandable. I have edited my post with the new entry, please let me know if it's now okay!

I present to you - The Ninescales of Justice!

Ninetales and her little protégé, Vulpix, are here to ensure that Halloween stays in the hands of the Czar, Jack. After last year's debaucle of Zipper challenging Jack's authority on the holiday, word got to this dynamic duo and they've vowed ever since, to protect Jack and Halloween forever! Ninetales, or Ninescales, as her heroine name, will use Fire Spin on anyone who dare attempts to vanquish Jack.
20211024_153010.jpg
20211024_153039.jpg

Note: to be clear, Ninetales is the one I've made the outfit for. Draped some fabric over Vulpix's tag for effect, since there was not anything saying two plushies couldn't be in the picture. For submission purposes, it's Ninetales.

COMMANDER ANDREW BUNN AT YOUR SERVICE!

This is Commander Andrew Bunn wearing a homemade Starfleet uniform modeled after the jumpsuit of Star Trek Voyager.

It is a custom home-made design tailored to this bunny plush of mine and cannot be found online for sale anywhere. You can see some of the imperfections he has on the outfit like the cuff sleeves he has. I did my best :D

His Starfleet pips consist of 3 gold buttons which represents his rank of commander.

4521B102-5AD2-4052-B891-271FAE2BB43D.jpeg

Back