• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

NSMBWii Review

Nikoking said:
The soundtrack of this game is also sexy.
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/YbjZm65o2Vw'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/YbjZm65o2Vw' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>
This was always one of my favorite themes from SMB3 :D

TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
People need to learn to be more social. >_>
I'm pretty social, it's just that, some can't travel all the way to freaking Ohio or something to go play a multiplayer game.
Then get some friends that actually live in the same city as you. It's not hard...

Tom said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
I've been playing it for hours on end now, and I just can't believe how great it is! And it IS very challenging. I've been playing with my boyfriend, and we're in World 4 right now. But on the way we've lost so many lives, it's crazy. And I don't think I've ever laughed so much while playing a game before. The co-op play is the most fun I've ever had with a video game, seriously. I daresay it's more fun than Brawl. Seriously guys, GET THIS GAME.
Reasons as to why I should get this instead of Left 4 Dead 2 or something.
You won't get much from Tye, as I remember him saying that he only plays first party Nintendo and Sonic games or something.
I know. Reasons as to why this is actually a good game is all I want. IF anything, I'll just borrow the DS version from a friend.
Because it's the first 2D Mario platformer on a home console in 19 years, maybe? Or because it's extremely fun, and offers a great challenge? If you're still not sure, then go to the nearest GameStop (as much as I hate them >_>) and try it out there. They just replaced Wii Sports Resort with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
I'm pretty social, it's just that, some can't travel all the way to freaking Ohio or something to go play a multiplayer game.
Then get some friends that actually live in the same city as you. It's not hard...
Tip: Finding someone who still gives a damn about Mario and the Wii in a world dominated by FPS and better games is pretty damn hard.

@Above Post: My Gamestop doesn't care about the Wii. =D

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
Tip: Finding someone who still gives a damn about Mario and the Wii in a world dominated by FPS and better games is pretty damn hard.

Then make them care. Show them how great a Mario game can be.

Anyway, my boyfriend and I just beat the last boss, and all I can say is...wow. Nintendo did a FANTASTIC job making this game. The courses are crazy hard, the power-ups are awesome, the bosses are really cool, the music is wonderful, and the game itself is just beautiful. I won't give any spoilers, but I will say that the final boss is EPIC. And the credits...that surprised me. I've never played a game with credits like that. It was awesome! XD Now we have to collect all the Star Coins from each world to gain access to the levels in World 9. We haven't been able to play any course in World 9 yet, but just by the map you can tell they'll be awesome. The amount of nostalgic elements they put in this game is absolutely incredible.

Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
This is 2009, not 1985.

Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:

Anyway, my boyfriend and I just beat the last boss, and all I can say is...wow. Nintendo did a FANTASTIC job making this game. The courses are crazy hard, the power-ups are awesome, the bosses are really cool, the music is wonderful, and the game itself is just beautiful. I won't give any spoilers, but I will say that the final boss is EPIC. And the credits...that surprised me. I've never played a game with credits like that. It was awesome! XD Now we have to collect all the Star Coins from each world to gain access to the levels in World 9. We haven't been able to play any course in World 9 yet, but just by the map you can tell they'll be awesome. The amount of nostalgic elements they put in this game is absolutely incredible.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Tell me about it, my bro and i died a lot on that level D= So how did you beat the first Bowser? The ground pounding, fire flower, or the way you're supposed to?</div>

Tom said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
I've been playing it for hours on end now, and I just can't believe how great it is! And it IS very challenging. I've been playing with my boyfriend, and we're in World 4 right now. But on the way we've lost so many lives, it's crazy. And I don't think I've ever laughed so much while playing a game before. The co-op play is the most fun I've ever had with a video game, seriously. I daresay it's more fun than Brawl. Seriously guys, GET THIS GAME.
You won't get much from Tye, as I remember him saying that he only plays first party Nintendo and Sonic games or something.
I know. Reasons as to why this is actually a good game is all I want. IF anything, I'll just borrow the DS version from a friend.
There are so many good games coming out lately. Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Dragon Age: Origins, and NSMBWII. So many sequels.

Caleb said:
Tom said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
There are so many good games coming out lately. Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Dragon Age: Origins, and NSMBWII. So many sequels.
Dun forget Uncharted 2

pear40 said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
This is 2009, not 1985.
Your point?

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Tell me about it, my bro and i died a lot on that level D= So how did you beat the first Bowser? The ground pounding, fire flower, or the way you're supposed to?</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">We just went under him and hit the switch. XD But we were not expecting what happened next. o_o XD</div>

Tyeforce said:
pear40 said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
This is 2009, not 1985.
Your point?
The point is a game like this would greatly benefit from wi-fi,but Nintendo was too concerned about 4 year olds to include it.

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">We just went under him and hit the switch. XD But we were not expecting what happened next. o_o XD</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">I was expecting either Dry Bowser, or a big Bowser, but i didn't think he'd chase you through the stage D= I was kinda hoping you'd actually fight him at the end of the stage, though</div>

pear40 said:
Tyeforce said:
pear40 said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
This is 2009, not 1985.
Your point?
The point is a game like this would greatly benefit from wi-fi,but Nintendo was too concerned about 4 year olds to include it.
No, Nintendo didn't include WFC because they wanted to focus on normal multiplayer. Y'know, the kind that brings people together, where everyone's in the same room. I never have liked online play as much as true face-to-face multiplayer. Besides, Mario games are more family-oriented games.

Tyeforce said:
pear40 said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:
This is 2009, not 1985.
Your point?
No one really cares anymore? Plus, most people I know either:

A) Got a Xbox 360
B) Got a PS3

The only person who even mentions the Wii at my school is my crazy Chemistry teacher.

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:

FPS are over-rated.

A good Mario game destroys a good FPS any day.

Alecks said:
bdubs2594 said:
you'll be stupid to not pick it up!
More like stupid TO pick it up.

This game is a rent at best. It's incredibly easy and you can run through it in about one sitting if you're determined enough.
Easy?

Hilarious.

And you're making assumptions when you don't even have it.

And yes Aaron, I really expected online on this, but was dissapointed with it.

And aha, your NSMB sig inspired me Crash :'3
The cracked version was released for Wii about a 2 weeks ago, smart guy. Yes, I have played it. Yes, I thought it was incredibly easy. Yes, I beat the main storyline in about 2 days. It's not worth 50 whole dollars in my opinion.

Comatose2009 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:

FPS are over-rated.

Sorry, but I can't stand any Mario games. They are the epitome of cash ins.
I never liked the good ones either, simply because I dislike platformers, and the story is a big part of a game for me, and it's non-existent in Mario.

Comatose2009 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Tyeforce said:

FPS are over-rated.

Depends on the FPS though. Any FPS made by Valve is awesome pretty much.

Back