• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Direct February 13th 2PM PST

I'm not too disappointed anymore. I mean, when I think about it, they did say the new AC Switch game WAS in development. It's probably way too early for them to announce anything. I'll just have to wait a bit longer, but that's fine by me. I'm not really doing anything at the moment. :)

Remember, Animal Crossing can still get its own Direct. It being a no-show means nothing as they could still hold a mini Direct just for Animal Crossing next month.

I was about to say, I think I recall a time a few years ago where there was a Nintendo Direct, and then an Animal Crossing Direct a few short weeks after. I am hoping for more information on Animal Crossing, but I'm also okay with waiting until E3 if necessary.

I was about to say, I think I recall a time a few years ago where there was a Nintendo Direct, and then an Animal Crossing Direct a few short weeks after. I am hoping for more information on Animal Crossing, but I'm also okay with waiting until E3 if necessary.

Are you talking about the Welcome Amiibo update one?

Sad there was no word on AC but whoa... super excited for Link’s Awakening remake and Mario Maker 2!

All I'm waiting around for now is Animal Crossing and Joker in Smash. This Direct totally crushed it. I at least thought Joker would be here soon. I'm kind of sick of how soon they vaguely announce things, but then keep you waiting for months afterward to get any kind of information at all. I wish they would wait to announce anything until they can give a semi-accurate release date. I'd rather not know anything than be given vague or no concrete information whatsoever.

I love the fact that the Mario Maker 2 trailer showed just how aware Nintendo is of their fanbase with how the put the focus on slopes being a new addition.

Ikr that was honestly kinda hilarious
But I really appreciate them implementing these new features. Plus the new interface looks great too.

Plus the fact that the Super Bell is in a 2D Mario game.

This actually really surprised me, and though I would much rather see the Super Bell/Cat Suit in a 3D game, it was cool to see it make a comeback. Especially since it's pretty much been completely absent since 3D World's release.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also rest in RIP Luggy's Manion 3

All I'm waiting around for now is Animal Crossing and Joker in Smash. This Direct totally crushed it. I at least thought Joker would be here soon. I'm kind of sick of how soon they vaguely announce things, but then keep you waiting for months afterward to get any kind of information at all. I wish they would wait to announce anything until they can give a semi-accurate release date. I'd rather not know anything than be given vague or no concrete information whatsoever.

I would like a new announcement for Animal Crossing on the Switch. It would’ve been okay if they did or didn’t mention it in the direct.

But what I’m hoping for more is if Super Mario Sunshine will ever get an HD remake. After seeing Luigi’s Mansion (the original) get a remake, I got my hopes up for a remake of Super Mario Sunshine, something I’ve been wanting for four years now.

I went straight to bed after the direct disappointment, I was so tired but stayed up late only for the direct.. and then.. nothing! Hopefully some of the other members here hoping for a mini direct just for Animal Crossing will be proven right soon!

The only thing I'm excited about is Mario Maker and Yoshi, everything else, nah.

Yeah, but they announced that AC Direct in the prior Nintendo Direct. :(

Anyone else excited for Astral Chain? It looks like an awesome game and I'm very excited to try it out.

I'm kinda sad there was nothing Animal Crossing related. I expected them to a least give us a date for an Animal Crossing Direct, because Animal Crossing needs its own Direct. Welcome Amiibo and Pocket Camp also had their own Directs.

But Links Awakening and Mario Maker 2 look really promising so far and definitely caught my eye!

Im okay with waiting as I'm hoping AC will get it's own Direct or at least a Direct where it's the main star of the show.

Now having slept on it, thinking back to the Direct. While there was some stuff I wanted that didn't appear, the amount of stuff that I didn't KNOW that I wanted that DID appear far outnumbered the former. It was a solid presentation all around.

I'm fully expecting Animal Crossing to get pushed back until 2020. I would LOVE to be wrong, though.

i can't contain my excitement about rune factory aaaaaaaaaa, i really didn't think a 5th one would ever come!!!!! so i'm overjoyed with that news (even tho i'm sad about ac), except from that generally nothing appealed to me that much. awakening looked so cute i nearly cried and i loooved the original, it was the first zelda i ever played (and of course didn't complete) but i'm not sure i would actually get it, but maaaybe

Mediocre direct. Not bad, not great. Mario Maker and Link's Awakening were the only things truly exciting. Everything else I either knew about (Bloodstained looks solid) or was part of an avalanche of anime I couldn't care less about. I think it was a bit foolish for everyone to think that we'd get substantive Smash and AC news so soon.

The Yoshi demo and Tetris are great though. Overall not awful, but a little disappointing given the news drought. Oh well.

Back