Nightmare in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially decided not to participate, but then I changed my mind and updated one part of the island. So here’s my submission:

Island Photo:
IMG_1745.jpeg

Island Name: StarGlow
Island Dream Address: DA-4088-1109-7520.
Designed Areas: B-4, B-5, B-6, C-4, C-5, C-6
About Your Dream: Because there was at least one hotel and one restaurant not Halloween-themed, Jack was displeased, so he sent his spirits to curse Holly until the area became spooky-themed. So pumpkins have been placed on the island with the non-spooky amenities, to cure Holly from the curse. But she remains to be cursed since the restaurant and hotel are still not haunted.
Proof Photo:
IMG_1746.jpeg

Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I would like to point out that there's a bit of a mixup between the two dream addresses listed in the dream address list.
IMG_20231018_142829.jpg
(For context: my da number is supposed to be 8457-0676-4056 "Royale-3" while @/amemome's dream address number is supposed to be 0568-9138-1729 "Hailsham")
Is this normal or is there an error in the list? Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's a mistake or not, but I noticed my island hasn't been added to the database yet while islands posted after it have already been added, so I thought I should mention it just in case!

Island Photo:
F8uhmysagAAkrkE

Island Name: Pokki
Island Dream Address: DA-4801-8023-8566
Designed Areas: D-6
About Your Dream: Welcome to the Rising Masque, where we celebrate the return of our local vampire lord. You can't see the faces of the guests in the photo because, well, vampires just don't show up in photos either. Feel free to sample the fine dining, mingle with the masses, dance to the "live" (undead) music, and ride away in the enchanted spooky carriage service.
Proof Photo:
F8uhmy_bAAAjTZ4

Island Photo:
F8unj-LYag-AAT-d-E.jpg

Island Name: Pianta Bay
Island Dream Address: DA-8160-4416-7489
Designed Areas: E-3
About Your Dream: The grand opening of Jack's Spooky Carnival on Pianta Bay was a night to remember, where the ordinary met the extraordinary in a delightful fusion of fear and fun. Visitors left with memories of a Halloween celebration like no other, promising to return for more thrills and chills next year.
Proof Photo:
F8unj-Lgb-QAAd9-VL.jpg

NightmareInParadise.jpeg

Island Name: Melursus
Island Dream Address: DA-3242-0156-8697
Designed Areas: E1, E2, F1, F2
About Your Dream: Local abandoned housing development has absolutely no correlation to the shutdown of the nearby beach. There is no reason to believe that a serial killer is on the loose. Please continue to use any of the other four beaches until further notice!
(Note: No extreme gore used, just occasional blood splatter designs)
Proof Photo:
NightmareInParadise_Username.jpeg

Island Photo:
2023101820110800_s.jpg

Island Name: Magpyr
Island Dream Address: DA-9718-3002-0794
Designed Areas: E-1, E-3 and E-5
About Your Dream: Halloween have arrived at Magpyr island! For unanimous voting of some faint-hearted villagers the decorations have been keep at the spooky minimun and mostly on certain areas with the classic pumpkin style. Can't go wrong with pumpkins, right?
Proof Photo:
2023101820480400_s.jpg

Last edited:
island photo:
IMG_4171.jpeg

about your design: legend has it that if you decorate this once-abandoned campsite and leave a treat out during the month of october, something will come to visit. i’ve always been sceptical, so just to prove the legend wrong, i baked some halloween cookies and set them out a few days ago. today, something someone has set up camp. i’m scared to look inside.
proof photo:
spooky items used:
spooky tower
spooky lantern set
spooky cookies
creepy skeleton
spooky tree

IMG_4172.jpeg

Island Photo:
B6SDYCn.jpg

Island Name: Twinleaf
Island Dream Address: DA-9909-8873-7404.
Designed Areas: carnival: B5-B6, other areas: B1-B3, C1-C3, E1-5, D4-5
About Your Dream: Come visit Twinleaf's halloween night carnival! For the first time ever Twinleaf is opening its gates to visitors who wish to explore our nightly amusement park. You can go on thrilling rides, buy some snacks or visit the pumpkin carving workshop hosted by our beloved Dolly. Dolly will show you how to use the knife block safely ( :

To get to the night carnival, use the warp pipe to the left of the town plaza. It will either warp you to the area of town residents, or right to the carnival. If you head south of the town plaza, pick up some gifts before exploring our shops and cafés. Areas that are currently not open to the public have been fenced off.

Proof Photo:
CposzCk.jpg

And just like that, I kept my wording, built the farm area and have submitted my entry!

Island Photo:
Nightmare in Paradise entry.jpg

Island Name: Leafton
Island Dream Address: DA-4592-1399-4744
Designed Areas: B-6, B-7, C-6, C-7
About Your Dream: The local Leafton Farm is proud to celebrate the Halloween month, so much so that they give out a Spooky Feast filled with pumpkiny treats for all to enjoy! However, there are reports of mysterious dolls and rare cases, an unknown being that like to gather in the feast. Be aware of their cheeky antics, you never know when they'll strike at any moment. At best it's recommended not to provoke them while they're eating, you have been warned! Other than that, we hope you have room for seconds.
Proof Photo:
Nightmare in Paradise entry (Proof).jpg
(Featuring Raddle, lol)

yiRAEfv.png

HDMAB80.gif

🎃 🎃 🎃

I'm so excited for this event because I've been blogging a lot of Animal Crossing recently!! This event feels very reminiscent of that, so I thought it would be fun and relaxing to make my submission in a similar way I do my blog posts :p I will, of course, use the submission form so it's easy to add to the community Dream Board! Woo!!

My submission is very nostalgic for me, because I created this pumpkin patch area a while back when pumpkins first came to animal crossing. I have since decorated it to be spookier and to follow the guidelines. Peep the Apple and fruit orchard in the back as well! This section of my island is located ALL the way in the back of my island, to the right of my museum. Hopefully everyone who wants to visit can find it with ease :]

I'm super excited to have this on my island still, because it reminds me of the place I go to for haunted hayrides IRL in my hometown, which I will be going to on Saturday!!

6pu8TOO.png

Island Photo:
bkK6sKc.jpg

Island Name: Lawai'i
Island Dream Address: DA-7832-4875-7458
Designed Areas: B-6
About Your Dream: A spooky little local pumpkin patch; come pick up your plump pumpkin to carve into a Jack-o-latern (or a spooky mask!) and collect some fruit from our orchard!
Proof Photo:
g3thbAJ.png

lmcrzbZ.png

Here is another little cute pic, to prove that I have more than just the required 5 items, it's hard to get everything in 1 shot!

D7luxek.jpg

That's all! I hope if anyone visits that you have a nice time in Lawai'i!! I'd love to see screenshots of any visitors :]

🎃 🎃 🎃

Island Photo:
8vVxfbXh.jpg

About Your Design: This graveyard is home to restless spirits. The island's residents try their best to keep the graveyard tidy and bring offerings in order to appease the spirits. The Zipper inflatable serves as the graveyard's guardian.
Proof Photo:
QIKFI2Th.jpg

Island Photo:
AXvGJF1.jpg

Island Name: Sumeru
Island Dream Address: DA-3830-7125-6917.
Designed Areas: eg. E3, E4, F4.
About Your Dream: Welcome to Sumeru's Halloween! Since Sumeru is focused on being an all-natural island, it's only natural that Halloween here would follow the same guidelines. Bask in the natural beauty of Sumeru and view the pumpkins and orange trees that this exhibit is made of. But beware! Legend has it that in the middle of the night a ghost appears inside the Spooky Carriage!
Proof Photo:
5vire6Y.jpg

Island Photo:
1697691858945.png

Island Name: Aster Cove
Island Dream Address: DA-0325-0369-8799
Designed Areas: B-2
About Your Dream: It is your lucky day! This abandoned theme park has reopened for the spooky season. Don't might our pumpkin helpers, they were summoned on short noticed. Be sure to attend as a group and it is highly advised that you don't consume anything.
Proof Photo:
1697691881588.png

Island Photo:
2023102202521800_s[1].jpg

About Your Design: Somehow you stumble across a bizarre frozen dessert, you get shivers sent up your spine at the sight of the strange sacrifice altar and the old remains of the deceased, what's lurking inside the cave?
Entry is vaguely inspired by the setting of Alien Vs. Predator movie
Proof Photo:
2023102202531100_s[1].jpg

Island Photo:
Nightmare in Paradise.JPG

Island Name: Lostglade
Island Dream Address: DA-5382-9214-0464
Designed Areas: E-4 and part of E-3
About Your Dream: A mysterious forest appeared on Lostglade overnight! Within its depths you'll find an overgrown garden patch, a bubbling cauldron, and a small graveyard. But what lies at the end of the winding path through the woods? You'll simply have to visit to find out...
Proof Photo:
Nightmare in Paradise proof.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back