• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Animal Crossing News Coming NEXT YEAR!

I hope to god they bring back the Gamecube soundtrack full-force, I love love love love that soundtrack compared to New Leaf.
Which is sad, considering Kazumi Totaka came back to compose this game but it half of the tracks in New Leaf are unmemorable. (*cough*Yoshi's NEW Island is much worse*cough*)
Though bringing in the awesome band that was in Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World would help bring the New Leaf tracks some light, but change some of them to the point in which they're memorable.

I really hope they DON'T do this. Having an AC soundtrack for more than one game is disappointing. I remember being really upset when I saw that CF was using WW's music.

I'd like a fully orchestrated soundtrack that's like the movie. Each game needs its own feeling to it and having the same soundtrack as another game would ruin that.

Welp, if it ends up being on Wii U, I guarantee that it won't be as popular as the handheld.
I've seen manymanymany polls on this, and a great majority prefers handheld.
Not saying it won't be great, because I know they'll amp up the graphics and new features. I just mean in the long run. Just look at CF?

Welp, if it ends up being on Wii U, I guarantee that it won't be as popular as the handheld.
Not saying it won't be great, because I know they'll amp up the graphics and new features. I just mean in the long run. Just look at CF?

Well, it's not just because handhelds are obviously a good system for an Animal Crossing installment to be released. Not only Animal Crossing: City Folk was a passable Animal Crossing game at best, but the Wii was a poor fit for the franchise to begin with. I mean, the system is basically a slightly beefed-up GCN with added motion controls, so there wasn't much they could do to make Animal Crossing: City Folk more appealing to play. For example, using the forced Wii Remote's IR Pointer to navigate through the menus and the keyboard is a pain in the rear.

You do realize that NL was so different from the other games because they realized that they can't just change a few things like they did with City Folk, right? A City Folk-like game is NOT going to happen again and we already know this.

I think that Nintendo will definitely try to make the game different from New Leaf so that people have incentive to go back to a non-handheld device, because I know everyone likes having the ability to bring their town with them, wherever they go. I really hope for a larger town for the new version, especially if they expand more upon being the mayor and building public works. Even having more then 10 villagers at a time would be quite a change.

I do agree with what some other people have said about hoping that ACNL won't die out, because I don't really plan on getting a wii-u unless this new game is amazing.

Well obviously they're going to make this game so much different from New Leaf seeing the backlash against City Folk.

Not to mention, it's an HD console.
Who knows the endless possibilities with Animal Crossing when it sacrificed the portability of it all?

IF it is a Wii U title (bc it could always be another 3DS title... albeit how unlikely that is) then I hope they include every villager... like that's ambitious but come on it's a powerful console and it's just textures. I'd also like private islands to return too. Plus the game would be so beautiful. Balls (heuh) need to return as well. Maybe more patterns as well, and ugh... I just have high expectations for the game. Better customisation I suppose. Oh and the trees from the early E3 trailers from New Leaf. They were so tall and stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ugh yeah we need large towns.... like new leaf felt so cramped. But I loved how the beach weren't 2 inch pieces of sand land. In fact the beach is probs one of my fave new features in new leaf

True, it could be anything. But I doubt they'd get our hopes up like that.

Didnt they say they'd have some special announcement at E3 2013 and all it was was the announcement of the Wii Fit Trainer??? like damn Nintendo was disappointing that year and we all thought they'd turn it around but nope it's Wii Fit Trainer

I'd like to have at least up to 15 villagers like the GameCube version. And highlands and lowlands.

Last edited:
I would really love to see a brand new animal crossing on the 3ds... I know it won't happen but I hate animal crossing when it's not on a handheld ><

Eugh, I hated the highlands and lowlands. It just made it harder to get around the town and looked so out-of-place. However, I don't think things should be flat either. The AC movie showed what a town could look like in a more realistic setting.

Last edited:
Definitely want more villagers and the old ones to return (I NEED Tarou in my town!)

Also, there should be some kind of "away" setting where if you feel like putting down the game for a few months, all you have to do is go and tell your villagers you're going to be "gone" for a while. This will prevent anyone from moving. Also, the villagers will "maintain upkeep" while you're away, so when you pick up the game three months later, it's as if you never left.

What if you could tell your villagers that you're "going on vacation" then send "postcards" that are screenshots from other games you're playing. =P When you get "back from vacation" they'll all exclaim and show you the postcards they got from you and say things like, "Wow! It's almost like I was there with you! =D"

What if you could tell your villagers that you're "going on vacation" then send "postcards" that are screenshots from other games you're playing. =P When you get "back from vacation" they'll all exclaim and show you the postcards they got from you and say things like, "Wow! It's almost like I was there with you! =D"

Or maybe when you do that and put the game down for a while, your character actually goes on a "vacation" and when you get back you get a letter in the mail containing pictures that were apparently taken while you were on your "vacation". You swimming in the ocean, in a beach chair, building a sand castle... xD

What I would absolutely love to see in Animal Crossing Wii U... is live orchestrated music! Yes, and I mean every song in the game being done by a live orchestra, just like they did for Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World! Something I'd absolutely enjoy, just imagine all the hourly music sounding the same as New Leaf's, but done with a live orchestra instead. ^^

Last edited:
Most likely it'll be something using Amiibo, something for Wii U and/or New Nintendo 3DS (would be great if they figured out a way to somehow link the two together better than WW/CF did), and will be out in 2016 or 2017, because their 2015 lineup is pretty strong already for the Wii U.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eugh, I hated the highlands and lowlands. It just made it harder to get around the town and looked so out-of-place. However, I don't think things should be flat either. The AC movie showed what a town could look like in a more realistic setting.

The movie was based on the flat land of Wild World. I hate how they added that divided aspect from the original to City Folk, but love how they sort of kept it in New Leaf- only the beach/main/HHS, but since most play happens in the main area, by keeping it flat, they did a wonderful job of implementing both (developers must love cliffs for whatever reason).

I don't think that big operatic music would work well for AC, but music filled with xylophones and flutes would fit the mood nicely imo. :3
I'm hoping that amiibos just unlock something small. My guess is that they'll get your character exclusive outfits depending on which amiibo you have, but I'll probably be wrong. cx

I want all the villagers to have paws and hooves and stuff like that just like the movie for the next game.

K.K. Slider has them and yet none of the dog villagers or Isabelle and Digby have them.

Most likely it'll be something using Amiibo, something for Wii U and/or New Nintendo 3DS (would be great if they figured out a way to somehow link the two together better than WW/CF did), and will be out in 2016 or 2017, because their 2015 lineup is pretty strong already for the Wii U.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The movie was based on the flat land of Wild World. I hate how they added that divided aspect from the original to City Folk, but love how they sort of kept it in New Leaf- only the beach/main/HHS, but since most play happens in the main area, by keeping it flat, they did a wonderful job of implementing both (developers must love cliffs for whatever reason).

It was based on the flatlands of Wild World, but there were still hills everywhere and different levels of elevation and the town was huge, but there wasn't an annoying cliff getting in everyone's way. I'd love something like that.

Also, live orchestrated music would work GREAT for Animal Crossing. Take this shining example from the movie; it's the fireworks theme from Wild World.

Last edited:
I think another thing that would be fantastic for Animal Crossing Wii U is to actually see the sun in the sky too. Previous Animal Crossing games didn't have that. It would also be nice to have a button that can be pressed on the Wii U Game Pad screen in which takes you into first person viewing mode, in which can only be seen on the Wii U Game Pad. So you can take close up pictures of insects or even fish in the water.

I would also like to see natural hills around town as the terrain can either be flat or bumpy, along with cliffs, which there can either be two or three (including the one next to the beach). I'd also like to see the towns being 5x bigger than they were in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, along with up to 15 villagers being able to live there (the same amount as the GameCube one had).

And whenever there's a thunderstorm in the game, I'd like to see lightning appearing in the sky, just like it did in Animal Crossing: Wild World (Let's go to the City and New Leaf didn't do that), and the lightning to look realistic too, along with the flashes in the clouds. Also for weather effects, there should also be blizzards occurring during winter (the winter equivalent of thunderstorm, except there's no lightning or flashes), along with sometimes being regular snowing.

Also, as I said earlier, the hourly music should also be live orchestrated versions of the New Leaf hourly music.

Back