• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Animal Crossing News Coming NEXT YEAR!

DrewAC

Bells
Cherry (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Pavé
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Last edited:
Expectations?

Hmm, well, judging my expectations purely from how New leaf was announced.
I suspect there will be a new AC game for the Wii U in around 2017/2018.
Wasn't the wait between the announcement of new leaf and the actual release something like 3 years?

Ooh, I can't wait! <3 Time to figure out how to get a tv in my room so I can play it without having to stack up a ton of pillows.

Aside from an overhaul in how we place public works projects with Isabelle, my biggest hope is they scale up the world/characters differently again, but to resemble more of the anime. The world in the anime seemed huge, and I'd really like that town size in HD if they bring it to Wii U too.

That could really open the door for more replayability for those who are veterans in AC. Foraging, crafting, trading with villagers, etc. I really feel we need something more than upped graphics and recatching fish and everything all over again. Maybe DLC featuring new areas to explore too, such as an island more similar to the function of GCN's island with foreign exclusive villagers, but a complete redesign to how the island looks, making it much larger, more areas to go, things to do, etc.

There's a ton of potential in this next AC!

Yes. I agree with you about the world.

I just want there to be more of everything. More villager personalities, more animals, designs, dialogue.
It's a shame that they only program the seasonal events for a year, and then it resets.

Imagine if there were 3 different christmas events, only you're assigned a different one each year so that there's more replay value once you've been playing for a year.

DLC? Nah. Doesn't need anything like that. I'm happy with the DLC furniture and that's it.
I want a walking music player. The hourly music gets really repetitive once you've played the game for over a week...

As good as the new Wii U version may end up being, I hope the New Leaf community is still around then. I don't have a Wii U and don't plan on getting one, so I'm gonna be really sad if everyone leaves New Leaf. :(

As good as the new Wii U version may end up being, I hope the New Leaf community is still around then. I don't have a Wii U and don't plan on getting one, so I'm gonna be really sad if everyone leaves New Leaf. :(

look at the city folk community

oh wait..

I'm positive it will be around for a very long time, it was so successful. In fact, I think the huge success of New Leaf urged Nintendo to place more of a priority on the series as a whole too.

look at the city folk community

oh wait..

Don't forget, the gap between ACCF and ACNL was larger than the past games (5 compared to 3) and they also shut down the wifi for WW and CF for reasons out of their control.

Last edited:
I believe that by the time the new Animal Crossing for the Wii U comes out, the Wii U will be much cheaper. Aside from that, I still think there'll be New Leaf players, but it'll definitely decline with the new game.

Aww,i'm so bummed the Villager Plaza is shutting down.:( But I'm happy that we're getting some new AC news.:)

:D Sounds fun! I'll still play it even if it doesn't look fun (If I ever get a wii u) because I try to make myself play every animal crossing game..

But I also hope they don't do paid DLC in the game, it would totally ruin it for me. :( :(
Then again there's the thing where it makes you wonder what you would have to pay for to buy?

Uh oh..I wonder how the hell they're going to pull this one off.
Since they barley give into fan demand when it comes to Animal Crossing.

Oh and RIP Villager Plaza.

I hope if they are making an animal crossing for wii u, that it comes out for the new 3ds too!! I'm not a console game fan :/

I'm pretty sure they're saying news about it is coming next year, not the game itself.

I hope if they are making an animal crossing for wii u, that it comes out for the new 3ds too!! I'm not a console game fan :/

I don't think they would do that. Since 3ds and the new 3ds play the same games pretty much, that would mean 2 animal crossing's on one system? They've never done that before. And it would be very unfair. Not very many people are planning on getting the new one it seems from what I've heard. :p

They also might do something like City Folk and Wild World where its pretty much the same game. (Which would suck a lot)

- - - Post Merge - - -

But then agan it could just be news about the series not a new game. :p

I don't think they would do that. Since 3ds and the new 3ds play the same games pretty much, that would mean 2 animal crossing's on one system? They've never done that before. And it would be very unfair. Not very many people are planning on getting the new one it seems from what I've heard. :p

They also might do something like City Folk and Wild World where its pretty much the same game. (Which would suck a lot)

- - - Post Merge - - -

But then agan it could just be news about the series not a new game. :p

Thats true! I just know most people prefer the game on handheld, as do I! I don't own a wii u though so who knows what I'm missing :D

They sorta did with the first game, but those were more or less expansions rather than completely new games.

Also, shame to those people who are not getting a Wii U.

Last edited:
If anything about a new game is mentioned, it's going to be much longer before the game is even released. Remember how long we all waited for New Leaf? I remember there being numerous unconfirmed release dates hopping around. ; n ;
Even if there is a new version for the Wii U, I'm probably not going to purchase it because, first of all, I don't plan on owning a Wii U, and second, I can't stand to play Animal Crossing on something that isn't portable, oopsie //> n <''

I'd recommend getting a wii u if you can afford it. There are a ton of great games for it. C:

Maybe they'll release the NA version of animal crossing sooner seeing how successful ACNL has been?

Hopefully they'll add different terrain in a new game, if they ever do, so it isn't just this flatland that you're always on. That'd be nice. :)

Last edited:
Back