• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your hopes for the next Animal Crossing game?

kappnfangirl

Spooky Time
Bells
Switch
4084-5276-8129
with speculations of the switch 2 being released during this year, it’s only a matter of time until nintendo teases the next AC game…

what are you hopes for the next game?

—-

for me personally, i really need them to add and place more importance on life sim gameplay. i feel like it was really missing from new horizons with the game placing so much importance on island design. a balance between the two would be better.

i want more things to work up too in terms of building up your town/island/community and more ways to be rewarded for reaching certain milestones like the storyline in the beginning of new horizons.

Give us more reasons to engage with and speak to our villagers! (also better dialogue too…)

and the happy home paradise way of outdoor decorating to be added to our next island/town!

speaking of island and towns, let us choose where we can move too.

finally…give us back piano hourly music, the hourly music in new horizons wasn’t great…

There isn’t really anything specific that I’m hoping to see in terms of new features, though I’ll never say no to or stop secretly wishing for the ability to hug villagers! I’ve always pictured it as a feature that you’d unlock once you become close enough friends with a villager; you’d be limited to one hug per villager per day, and it’d increase your friendship with them. It’d really serve no purpose beyond making me and many others happy, plus the friendship boost, but I‘d literally pay $$ for this. Please let me hug my villagers one day Nintendo, I’m begging!! 🥹

My biggest hope for the next game is that it’s actually a mainline game, and not a spin-off like Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival. I also hope that it returns to the same community-oriented and cozy vibes and atmosphere that the antecedent games had, and focuses less on decorating. To achieve this, I’d love to see the return of the Post Office (and Pelly, Phyllis and Pete), being greeted by an NPC taking you to your new town when you start up a new game file (Kapp’n, Rover etc), Dr. Shrunk being the one who teaches you new emotes again, etc. I’d love for all of the NPCS to return (including the new ones from New Horizons), and for us to be in a town again. The island gimmick in New Horizons was fun and a refreshing change, but I think I personally prefer towns. Though, as long as the game is fun, I don’t really mind where it takes place at the end of the day!

There are many features from all of the games that I’d love to see return in the next, along with new ones of course. I don’t see all of these features coming back, if any, but I’d love for at least a few to be included:

- The return of the Bright Nights event from Wild World, only this time let me decorate my house in pretty lights, too!! I was so bummed as a kid when I realized that I couldn’t decorate my house and could only judge my villagers’, and I’ve been lowkey hoping for rectification ever since. 🥲 I also wouldn’t mind the return of the other small events from both Wild World and New Leaf, such as the Acorn Festival, Summer/Winter Solstice, etc!

- Tortimer’s Island! Visiting Tortimer’s Island and farming for rare bugs/fish is one of the things I miss most from New Leaf, and I’d love for it to return. I’d live without Club Tortimer, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it coming back as well!

- Mini-games! As much fun as chasing my friends around with nets, touring their islands and coming up with our own games to play and activities to do together in-game is, I really miss the multiplayer aspects of New Leaf. I’d love to have mini-games to play with my friends again, as well as to play on my own!

- Let me work at The Roost part-time again!! Please!! I’d also love for it to be its own building again, though I think letting people choose where they want it to go (in the museum, in your town etc) would be cool!

- Villagers not moving out without your permission. This is the main feature from past games that I do not miss, and I’d hate for it to come back. I don’t want to 100% control my villagers, but I also don’t want to quit playing for an extended period of time and have to worry about coming back to one of my favourite villagers being gone.

- Terraforming, and still being able to choose where buildings go + being able to relocate them.

- Working for Tom Nook again when you first start up your game!! I promise I’ll keep my uniform on this time!!

- Tropical and perfect fruits, and of course the addition of new fruits! It still boggles my mind that the tropical fruits didn’t make it to New Horizons, considering it takes place on an island. 💀

- Very, very small thing, but I’d love for the campsite tent to turn into an igloo during the winter months like it did in New Leaf! It was such a cute detail, I miss it.

- Island hopping as a means to find new villagers!! It’s one of my favourite things to do in New Horizons, and I’d love for it to return (or a mechanic similar to it) in the next game.

I’m probably forgetting a few things, but that’s all I can think of for now!

I would like some sort of online only mode where you and 3 others share a village. It would be the same as the single player experience, you each have a house and run errands, but while having other players doing their thing there too at the same time. 🎣🏠🌳 You'd see posts on here like "Who wants to move into my town? Need 2 more people" 😁 My hopes for the next Animal Crossing would be to at least provide a richer multiplayer experience. 🍀

Reactions: Doo
Oh dear god ! Please do away with the rolling log effect that is only there to give the impression of distance while limiting render distance.
I think they could use Zelda's camera point of view. We are good now, the Nintendo DS days are behind us, we don't need cheap tricks to make us believe we see far away.

Also, stop adding new villagers. We are good now, there are enough. Just keep them coming back every time.

Last edited:
mostly i just want a return to it being more life-sim than decorating. i think you can still have a lot of quality of life improvements without streamlining things as much as NH did. i mean, did anyone think the card-stand was better than the post office and its pelicans? that one didn't need to be changed at all, and yet we got that instead of more efficient bulk-buying lol. if they're going to bring a shopping district back, i personally hope it's more like CF or NL, because i didn't really vibe with the campground spin on it, especially when it wasn't there from the start, and the nooklings' shop was so underdeveloped back on the island. (justice for gracie and her furniture/clothes, my beloveds...)

That it doesn't slow down when more updates are added to the game.
Being able to angle items, including buildings.
A new species of villager would be nice, but what I would want even more than that is leveling out the number of villagers per species or per personality more. The numbers don't need to be perfect.
More balanced dialog.
Mini games to play with your villagers. Checkers, memory matching, simple volley ball, race to make a soccer goal, just something. Preferably games similar to what is seen in hamtaro ham-ham games even if it is just for holidays but that may be asking too much. I wouldn't mind them bringing back hide and seek.
I would like to see PWP come back for special very large items that your town can be known for having, like a tourist attraction thing.
I would like to see a hotel/motel for random villagers to appear in to help the town feel a little more lively.
Being able to cook and feed your villagers. Maybe through a town tavern or bakery or food stand.. that you need to stock and assign staff to or something.

I would actually love that emphasis was placed less on the player and more on the life simulation aspect. In real life, you have limited control, and in the older AC titles this was true, too.

I don't want to run the town or completely HGTV the island- I'd like to just be a citizen with minimal control. Lots of things to do, but not things to alter. The villagers need more attention than the player at this point.

* While I am glad that we were given more creative freedom with decorating, I feel like other aspects were ignored. In New Leaf, there were so many more buildings to unlock and upgrade. In New Horizons, there is a massive lack of this. I would love to see our town go from a run-down nothing to a metropolis with high-end buildings to upgrade to. There are other aspects I feel were overlooked, which I will be getting into them.

* I think we should have a lot more villagers living in our town rather than just 10. Remember the GameCube days? We were allowed 15 villagers. I think it would be nice if we can go back to having this many villagers. However, I think it would be nice if we had control (to some extent) of how few or how many villagers we have. I think we should start out with six (one from each of the classic personality types -- a Sisterly, Smug, and possible other personalities can move in later). Maybe we can have as few as 6? Or as many as 15?

* This is pretty much a giving, considering the previous thing on here, but I do not what to be forced to get certain personalities in a particular order. This is something extremely frustrating about New Horizons. It takes FOREVER for Snooty and Cranky villagers to be able to move it. Hell, even smug villagers are tedious to get to.

* I am gonna have to echo one of Xara's reasons: I would LOVE to be able to hug villagers, especially if they are feeling down. I am freaking grateful that cheering up sad villagers made it into the game. I love being a shoulder to cry on for my favorite villagers, when they need it. <333 I remembering saying I wanted something like that back in early 2020 when we were waiting the last month or so for New Horizons. <333 Of course, happy hugs should make the cut too. <333

I also actually like the idea of it NOT being available from the get-go. One thing I love about New Leaf and New Horizons is that certain villager-related features and interactions can only happen if you have a high enough friendship with them like giving a gift in-person, getting spontaneous letters, getting barged in on unannounced visits, etc. Even more, I also like thee idea of this being unlocked at different points of a friendship, depending on the villager personality. I feel like normal villagers, for example, would warm up to the idea of a hug a lot more quickly, then let's say cranky villagers.

* I have said this in similar threads, but I would love for the moonrise/moonset to be more varied, and therefore, accurate to real life. In Animal Crossing, it always comes out at around sunset/dusk and goes away at around sunrise/dawn. Contrary to popular belief, this is not how the moon works. It actually rises and sets at different times, depending on its phase. Now, if the moon is full or a gibbous, then yes, it will rise and set at opposite times as the sun. However, if the moon is "new" for example, it actually rises and sets at about the SAME time as the sun, rather than the commonly claimed opposite time. But yeah, sorry to go off on a tangent. XD

I WILL say this: I think it is awesome how they remembered to flip the moon phases in the Southern Hemisphere (I discovered this a couple weeks ago). For example, let's use a first quarter as an example. In the Northern Hemisphere, a first quarter is illuminated at the right side, where it is illuminated at the left in the southern hemisphere. Vice-versa for third quarters. So yeah. I shall proceed.

* This is something else I keep going off about, but we NEED a DND or something of the like. I do NOT think that random/announced visits should just be removed altogether, as it is one of the things that adds charm to the friendship system. However, we should have some control to when they can and cannot happen. I do feel like New Horizons is more limited to when they can happen (but still). I have gotten barged in on at some of the most inane circumstances in New Leaf. Like if I were to go over them in this, this post would be longer than a Harry Potter novel. But I rant about them in some of my posts on this site, heheh. XD

* PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO TRACK DOWN VILLAGERS! -.-

* Deeper friendships and exclusive interactions and dialogue, depending on how bad or good your friendship is. ^_^

* Maybe YOU can GIVE villagers YOUR photo after you've become good enough friends. ^_^

Inspired by recent threads, I think this would be my perfect Animal Crossing game:

1. You can decide the hourly musics in the town hall among ALL the osts of the series.
2. Yes to terraforming, but I necessarily need a better way to handle it: a completely new mode where I don't have to do EVERY thing individually with EVERY animation, being able to have a top view available.
3. Yes to crafting, I particularly love cooking recipes, but I ABSOLUTELY don't want the holiday prizes to be recipes, like Easter prizes, Halloween prizes, Christmas prizes, etc.
4. Golden tools are GOLDEN tools, they must not break.
5. In New Leaf, when the ax was about to break, you could see cracks on the ax that got worse. I need to know when my tools are about to break.
6. Referring to what was said above, yes to the cooking and vegetables, I love farming games and I always wanted my farm in Animal Crossing.
7. Every day I must be able to get at least one recipe from the game, but the game must NOT give me duplicates. I want to be able to complete my damn recipe catalog without paying a damn subscription for a single game.
8. Referring to what was said above, the fruit trick MUST apply, that is, if I send a fruit to one of my villager he must send me another one. Overall I MUST be able to get all the fruits of the game without paying online.
9. I need tropical fruits. I want a beautiful orchard near my farm.
10. The ordinances must be real ordinances, I play mostly at night and the shops must be open until at least 1 AM.
11. I need the stretching sessions and other morning activities like in Game Cube version, I want my jock villagers to be happy with the their friends, in general I want my villagers to have a healthy lifestyle.
12. N.O. to Nook Miles, I hate them, I hate to farming them. I hate the NMT island tour. I WANT BELLS. And I want a way to farm bells without too much stress. Animal Crossing is my relax game, not my black market for turnips. YES to badges, or anything that serves as “goals” to achieve.
13. YES to MEOW coupons or something to replace them, If I spend real money in amiibo, I think it's good to have a second currency that you can exchange for bells or for special items.
14. I want something equivalent to New Leaf Island, but I want to go there by paying bells.
15. I need minigames, whatever you want, but I love them, I need them.
16. I want games for in-game console like NES, SNES, 3DS, Wii etc, like in other AC before New Horizons.
17. I want to be able to give gifts directly to my villagers without sending them by post.
18. I want to be able to decide the location of all buildings, including villager's houses.
19. Villagers must have my permission to move away (yes, I'm a dictator)
20. I want an area entirely dedicated to Harvey like in New Leaf or New Horizons.
21. I want the airport for mystery islands, the train station for friend's island/town, Kapp'n's ship for his island, the bus for the city/maim street, and the post office for letters.
22. The game must necessarily include at least one camping villager each week.
23. Obviously I want all the buildings present in New Leaf, in particular I want the cafeteria to be a separate building from the museum, and in addition to the existing buildings I want a school and a hotel for the old villagers saved in the game's memory (I expect there to be at least 30 at a time instead of 16). Also I want the hospital, and the fountain with the goddess in the center of the city and the theater of City Folk as well as the Club LOL. (The school must have a laboratory)
24. I want a mine for minerals or other materials such as rocks, clay etc., a sort of labyrinth that changes every day. (A very simple labyrinth obviously, it's just to avoid making collecting minerals monotonous every day)
25. Island/town rocks can be destroyed like in New Horizon and once a day one gives bells like always.
26. I don't care about the constellations, I just want a building/room dedicated to Celeste furnished like her observatory.
27. No grass desertification.
28. if I wasn't clear in point 23, I WANT a dream house building, not a stupid bed.
29. I NECESSARILY WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN AUTOSAVE OFF. Like in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
30. I want at least 4 expansions for Timmy and Tommy's shop, I want to renovate buildings such as the town hall, the train station or the airport, I want the campsite to transform into an igloo in winter, I want the villagers' houses to be decorated with series of light bulbs at Christmas time like in WW.
31. I want fortune cookies or lottery prizes.
32. I WANT BREWSTER TO KEEP MY GYROIDS LIKE IN CITY FOLK, I BEG YOU.
33. I want ALL the events of the game so far (obviously depending on the region of the game)
34. If I start a new game and the region selected on my console is Japan, America or in general a different one than mine, I want the game to let me play that version! This means I want to be able to decide the game language WITHIN the game, and not based on the region I live in. So if I buy a European cartridge and on my console I select America, I want to be able to decide at the beginning of the game the European languages in which I can play (even if the in-game events will be American ones). This is the same mechanism by which Pokémon X and Y works for Vivillon.
35. Obviously I have to be able to decorate my town/island in some way, with public works or by putting furniture outside, it's all the same! (and I NEED fences)
36. the shells MUST all have a realistic shape when placed on the ground, as in New Leaf(and not in NH), they must not appear stylized like on the beach.
37. If I wasn't clear in point 23, I want to return the Alpaca and Cyrus recycle shop, and I want all the furniture customization options of New Leaf, like the ones with minerals.
38. I want ALL the original series of furniture that are missing from New Horizons.
39. I WANT A DIALOGUE OPTION FOR SPECIAL CHARACTERS, like Lyle's secret dialogues in New Leaf, I want to say hello to Tom Nook and Isabelle every day, wish Isabelle a birthday, have lots of little stories about the background of special characters😭
40. I want the villagers to continue having hobbies!
41. I WANT TO RECEIVE A FAVOR EVERY DAY FROM EVERY VILLAGER, at least one..
42. I want a way to see the history of my town/island! In particular, I would like this section to include ALL the villagers I have had in my town and not just those who live there. It could be the New Leaf tree, a section of the bulletin board, anything, but I want to be able to enjoy the nostalgia effect by rereading the days and dates in which a certain thing happened🫶
43. I'm not interested in having infinite possibilities of customization for the appearance of my character, I just need to decide the color of the eyes, hair and SKIN. TOGETHER WITH THE NOSE. It's not normal to have a pink nose with dark skin, Nintendo after 10 years since the release of New Leaf this is what you can do for inclusivity?
44. I want to be able to decide my own pronouns like in New Horizons💕
Edit: 45. I want minigames with my villagers like hide and seek but also minigames with camping villagers (or with your villagers like in New Horizons) such as rock, paper, scissors and others! And if I wasn't clear by saying I want Brewster again in his own building: I want so much to work at the Café again!
46. Oh, and! I think you'll see me dead if in the next Animal Crossing I have to gain something with random villagers requests like New Leaf's public works, so absolutely NO to this feature.

All other functions or characteristics are indifferent to me, they may or may not exist, obviously I like the rule "more is better"!🥹 I'm sure I forgot something, but if I did it means it wasn't important!

Last edited:
I would really like it if they brought everything back all into one AC game. Especially things like the events they took out of Wild World, like the villagers decorating their houses for the holidays and you could vote for the best lights. I miss that. I also wouldn’t mind new stuff too like they did with cooking in NH. That really shocked me when they did that.

* I think we should have a lot more villagers living in our town rather than just 10. Remember the GameCube days? We were allowed 15 villagers. I think it would be nice if we can go back to having this many villagers. However, I think it would be nice if we had control (to some extent) of how few or how many villagers we have. I think we should start out with six (one from each of the classic personality types -- a Sisterly, Smug, and possible other personalities can move in later). Maybe we can have as few as 6? Or as many as 15?
To add to this, I hope we keep the mailbox system that was in New Horizons. Only getting 10 letters max at a time is not a good thing if you have a lot of villagers. This was mostly an issue in the GameCube version because of having 15 villagers.

If you had a birthday, for example, you would only get letters from some of them. Why? Because your mailbox can only hold 10 letters. Plus, the birthday letter you get from your mom and possibly an obnoxious Happy Room Academy letter that you get constantly. day letter from your mom so you would only get nine villager letters. Max.

Another example is, maybe you want to write all of your villagers, but some of them get lost in the mail, because again, only 10 out of the 15 can arrive.

I love how the mailbox and new horizons is more streamlined and you can get more letters a day.

Ooh, I have a whole notes page of stuff I want in the next game, so forgive me if this gets long haha!

1. Biggest thing I want is to have an additional space to meet villagers, like the city in City Folk, lots of shops and villagers that you see regularly (not randomized each time like in City Folk), so you can become friends and build relationships with them as well! Perhaps even have them move to your town! I think that would add a lot more interesting things to do and give a more life sim feel back to the game.

2. This is more personally what I like and probably controversial, but I think they could do something in between letting all villagers move out whenever and letting none of them move out. I saw someone mention on this forum an idea to ask villagers to stay permanently and others can move out whenever, so people don't lose their dreamies. Maybe if you have a certain friendship level you could ask them to stay forever? (But not a super high level so it doesn't take forever and the villager ends up moving away). But honestly this is unlikely to be in a future game lol.

3. Going back to number 1, you see your old villagers in this additional space too! Similar to main street in New Leaf, and they remember you too! And give us back moving away letters from villagers! And let them occasionally write to us too, as well as sometimes visiting! Maybe they write a letter saying what day they'll be in town, and they'll stay for the whole day (when the AC day resets so like 5am). This might help it not feel like villagers are just going off to ✨the void✨ and you never see them again.

4. Also I'd love for trains and the forest towns to come back, the island theme is cute for NH but it also feels a little, isolated I suppose?

5. Make a more in depth hobby system, one that's not just visual but also the villagers talk about their hobbies! I love how NH has the villagers doing different things around your town, but I don't think they really talk about their hobbies. And each personality type would talk about each hobby differently, so you get lots of different varieties of dialogue!

6. Obviously increase villager limit, maybe to 15, or even 20!

7. Make the differences between friendship levels more obvious. I don't think the villagers should go back to being mean like in the Gamecube version, but maybe they're more acquaintance like? Like shorter responses, very polite and formal, or kinda curt. Maybe they start talking about their hobbies as you become closer, and you can unlock different things like them letting you decorate their house or other things!

8. Another obvious one, more interaction with furniture! For villagers AND players!

9. Keeping outside furniture, but please let us place rugs! I want cute picnic sets lol.

10. A part time job like in New Leaf, where you do a little minigame! There's no specific time to do it, you can just do it once a day whenever you want, and maybe you can do two at a time, but you can change where you "work" whenever you want. And other villagers also work with you and you can chat with them and build up your relationship!

11. I love placing paths in NH, maybe we can get a few more and maybe even diagonal paths? 👀

12. I'd love villagers having yards! They come predesigned but the villager can edit them similar to their house, and if you become really close friends they let you design it!

13. And lastly, I think it would be cool to choose where to put new unlocked buildings (which I hope we get more buildings, lots!) but you do it with a petition for other villagers to sign, so if you want it to be randomized, you don't have to but you still have some control over where to put things while not making it seem like you're literally god haha.

Overall I'd love for the next game to add lots more life sim aspects, but also better implement them while keeping some of the control, but not making it so obvious like in NH (like waking up villagers in the middle of the night to move their house). Let the villagers say "no" sometimes lol! But it's unlikely these will be implemented lol, these are just my kinda wishful thinking ideas.
Post automatically merged:

Inspired by recent threads, I think this would be my perfect Animal Crossing game:

1. You can decide the hourly musics in the town hall among ALL the osts of the series.
2. Yes to terraforming, but I necessarily need a better way to handle it: a completely new mode where I don't have to do EVERY thing individually with EVERY animation, being able to have a top view available.
3. Yes to crafting, I particularly love cooking recipes, but I ABSOLUTELY don't want the holiday prizes to be recipes, like Easter prizes, Halloween prizes, Christmas prizes, etc.
4. Golden tools are GOLDEN tools, they must not break.
5. In New Leaf, when the ax was about to break, you could see cracks on the ax that got worse. I need to know when my tools are about to break.
6. Referring to what was said above, yes to the cooking and vegetables, I love farming games and I always wanted my farm in Animal Crossing.
7. Every day I must be able to get at least one recipe from the game, but the game must NOT give me duplicates. I want to be able to complete my damn recipe catalog without paying a damn subscription for a single game.
8. Referring to what was said above, the fruit trick MUST apply, that is, if I send a fruit to one of my villager he must send me another one. Overall I MUST be able to get all the fruits of the game without paying online.
9. I need tropical fruits. I want a beautiful orchard near my farm.
10. The ordinances must be real ordinances, I play mostly at night and the shops must be open until at least 1 AM.
11. I need the stretching sessions and other morning activities like in Game Cube version, I want my jock villagers to be happy with the their friends, in general I want my villagers to have a healthy lifestyle.
12. N.O. to Nook Miles, I hate them, I hate to farming them. I hate the NMT island tour. I WANT BELLS. And I want a way to farm bells without too much stress. Animal Crossing is my relax game, not my black market for turnips. YES to badges, or anything that serves as “goals” to achieve.
13. YES to MEOW coupons or something to replace them, If I spend real money in amiibo, I think it's good to have a second currency that you can exchange for bells or for special items.
14. I want something equivalent to New Leaf Island, but I want to go there by paying bells.
15. I need minigames, whatever you want, but I love them, I need them.
16. I want games for in-game console like NES, SNES, 3DS, Wii etc, like in other AC before New Horizons.
17. I want to be able to give gifts directly to my villagers without sending them by post.
18. I want to be able to decide the location of all buildings, including villager's houses.
19. Villagers must have my permission to move away (yes, I'm a dictator)
20. I want an area entirely dedicated to Harvey like in New Leaf or New Horizons.
21. I want the airport for mystery islands, the train station for friend's island/town, Kapp'n's ship for his island, the bus for the city/maim street, and the post office for letters.
22. The game must necessarily include at least one camping villager each week.
23. Obviously I want all the buildings present in New Leaf, in particular I want the cafeteria to be a separate building from the museum, and in addition to the existing buildings I want a school and a hotel for the old villagers saved in the game's memory (I expect there to be at least 30 at a time instead of 16). Also I want the hospital, and the fountain with the goddess in the center of the city and the theater of City Folk as well as the Club LOL. (The school must have a laboratory)
24. I want a mine for minerals or other materials such as rocks, clay etc., a sort of labyrinth that changes every day. (A very simple labyrinth obviously, it's just to avoid making collecting minerals monotonous every day)
25. Island/town rocks can be destroyed like in New Horizon and once a day one gives bells like always.
26. I don't care about the constellations, I just want a building/room dedicated to Celeste furnished like her observatory.
27. No grass desertification.
28. if I wasn't clear in point 23, I WANT a dream house building, not a stupid bed.
29. I NECESSARILY WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN AUTOSAVE OFF. Like in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
30. I want at least 4 expansions for Timmy and Tommy's shop, I want to renovate buildings such as the town hall, the train station or the airport, I want the campsite to transform into an igloo in winter, I want the villagers' houses to be decorated with series of light bulbs at Christmas time like in WW.
31. I want fortune cookies or lottery prizes.
32. I WANT BREWSTER TO KEEP MY GYROIDS LIKE IN CITY FOLK, I BEG YOU.
33. I want ALL the events of the game so far (obviously depending on the region of the game)
34. If I start a new game and the region selected on my console is Japan, America or in general a different one than mine, I want the game to let me play that version! This means I want to be able to decide the game language WITHIN the game, and not based on the region I live in. So if I buy a European cartridge and on my console I select America, I want to be able to decide at the beginning of the game the European languages in which I can play (even if the in-game events will be American ones). This is the same mechanism by which Pokémon X and Y works for Vivillon.
35. Obviously I have to be able to decorate my town/island in some way, with public works or by putting furniture outside, it's all the same! (and I NEED fences)
36. the shells MUST all have a realistic shape when placed on the ground, as in New Leaf(and not in NH), they must not appear stylized like on the beach.
37. If I wasn't clear in point 23, I want to return the Alpaca and Cyrus recycle shop, and I want all the furniture customization options of New Leaf, like the ones with minerals.
38. I want ALL the original series of furniture that are missing from New Horizons.
39. I WANT A DIALOGUE OPTION FOR SPECIAL CHARACTERS, like Lyle's secret dialogues in New Leaf, I want to say hello to Tom Nook and Isabelle every day, wish Isabelle a birthday, have lots of little stories about the background of special characters😭
40. I want the villagers to continue having hobbies!
41. I WANT TO RECEIVE A FAVOR EVERY DAY FROM EVERY VILLAGER, at least one..
42. I want a way to see the history of my town/island! In particular, I would like this section to include ALL the villagers I have had in my town and not just those who live there. It could be the New Leaf tree, a section of the bulletin board, anything, but I want to be able to enjoy the nostalgia effect by rereading the days and dates in which a certain thing happened🫶
43. I'm not interested in having infinite possibilities of customization for the appearance of my character, I just need to decide the color of the eyes, hair and SKIN. TOGETHER WITH THE NOSE. It's not normal to have a pink nose with dark skin, Nintendo after 10 years since the release of New Leaf this is what you can do for inclusivity?
44. I want to be able to decide my own pronouns like in New Horizons💕
Edit: 45. I want minigames with my villagers like hide and seek but also minigames with camping villagers (or with your villagers like in New Horizons) such as rock, paper, scissors and others! And if I wasn't clear by saying I want Brewster again in his own building: I want so much to work at the Café again!
46. Oh, and! I think you'll see me dead if in the next Animal Crossing I have to gain something with random villagers requests like New Leaf's public works, so absolutely NO to this feature.

All other functions or characteristics are indifferent to me, they may or may not exist, obviously I like the rule "more is better"!🥹 I'm sure I forgot something, but if I did it means it wasn't important!
I agree with like 99% of these, this would be such a perfect animal crossing game!

Last edited:
More than anything, I want the next entry to be a return to form for the series. While yes, NH was wildly popular, and many people love the game, there were so many things that have been lost from the earlier entries

I want them to try to go back and recapture some of the soul that made the prior games so great

All I know is I want more villagers based on aquatic animals.
Actually, just give the whole game a bigger focus on the sea...

I feel like with crafting and materials there's no going back. Maybe an in game system to utilize this more. Like daily tasks or ways to barter or buy things from shops using said resources.

And of course, villagers that feel a little more alive and not like decor... it's really all I can ask for. I started with wild world and loved new leaf, new horizons is a massive letdown when it comes to their dialog.

desperately hoping breaking tools don't return. I'm pretty sure that's like 97% of the reason why I don't enjoy playing NH. I suppose I can understand why flimsy tools break, but the fact that literally every tool in the game is capable of breaking, including golden tools, is actually the worst thing that the devs have ever put into an animal crossing game.

tbh I think a lot of NH is going to be exclusive to NH, because the entire theme is “move to a deserted island, make things from natural resources, and do whatever you want with the place” and basically every feature in the game links into that, in the same way every feature in WW links into “move into a town and get to know the people that live in it” or the way every feature in NL links into “you’re elected the mayor, see how the town grows underneath your leadership”

I think there’s going to be a different central theme entirely, with different features relating to that.

I don’t know what it’s going to be exactly. As I’ve said before, I feel that if they treat NH as either a complete success or a complete failure and either coasting on that or rehashing an older game in the series, it has the possibility to end up coming across as kind of meh to me.

It ultimately needs to feel different enough to NH so that you’re not stuck with two very similar games playable on the same system, while not coming across as just horrible grovelling… and that’s a hard one, tbh. But I hope they somehow pull it off, nonetheless!

I have a possible idea that could help with villager dialogue.
Like, not only are they snooty, but we are given the chance (or randomised if you don't like the god like power) to pick options that they are like personality, which gives them a chance to speak about different things.
Imagine sims, when we're able to pick one huge goal, and three smaller things to make their personality. It would make the villagers dialogue SUPER complex I understand, I'm just trying to see how villagers dialogue could evolve or still feel new after so many times.

Maybe it takes till proper friendship that some personalties push themselves to act like themselves around you? And let villagers talk about their hobbies, how are they hobbies, if you can't stop someone excitedly talk about something they love?

Let our villagers talk about their siblings!? Why have info that they have siblings but they never talk about them?

Lief not being able to sell apple seeds, or any fruit seeds is a crime. If some people can't pay for online (dunno if paying to play with people should be removed altogether?) then once you're over a certain level with Lief, he finally has other fruit to sell, but each week could be either fruit or veg. So we aren't given everything at first. I want more bushes with berries that we can pick fruit from. Raspberries, blueberries.

Also allow furniture items, when refurbishing, to have an option to make some items look old. We do have some items, like broken radio or old seaboat; but I am finding it hard to use items and its not looking like an abondeoed town like I want.

And I know not everyone likes the idea if they just bring all the games together and make a game, but I wouldn't mind something like that really.
Or like more than one place we can design. Probably not too many, and it's also a choice. So if people aren't interested in all that.

Bring back old events, and the events we have now, make them more fun like before, or even better.
I haven't touched a bug/fish tournament in NH in ages. The time limit, isn't fun, lol it reminds me of the time limit in the toritmer games, but less fun because you're in your own island; wheares before, you weren't worried running around, destorying flowers or stuff.
Back to old events, those were great, there's probably some I've never done before. But events can bring people back to the game.

When I heard you could have eight people on one isialnd together, I'd thought, oh cool, so minigames? Fun things you can all do together? Nope.
Honestly what can you do? Other than talk, but you have to wait and be patient till someone is finished.
Let us have tortimers Island again, but change it up to be Isabelle's Island. She needs a bloody break omg. She wanted to be on an Island get away. And when she did, shes right back in a town hall.
Let her do what Torimer did in NL, let him give her the torch at looking after the place. Maybe give Digby the chance to take on her job because he has nothing else to do?

Make terraforming easier, or at least more things we can do. Kinda hard to explain, but I want more than just making those cliffs. maybe ledges? Something you can hop down? I dunno. I just feel theres limiations they need to work on.
As well as being able to tilt items angle wise, someone else said it better but yes PLEASE make it look normal

The fact that in HHA we can place items better than in NH/HHP. Hard to explain, but you know how an item can fit in one box area? You used to be able to if wanted just out the item only half in to give it a more better look?

With the oridance, mainly the night life one, it needs to be longer, plus you remember how the post office was open 24/7? Wanna know how? Instead of one person who did day shift, they had another doing the night shift. Bring my girls back.

Let there be a place older SP characters could meet and talk about old times. Maybe the more you speak they give you unique items you cant get anywhere else or give older music? You can't just ignore them, its a shame some people have no idea who they are. Let us do lil tasks for them?
For example, um forget her name the giraffe could finally talk about how she made people wash her car, and shout at them etc etc and she might let you wash the car, so see how good you are?

Let me make coffee in Brewsters again. You can't tell me, you have a whole wikipedia of EVERY single villager's choice in coffee, and completely ignore it now?
Guys, I took the dedication to write down every single persons coffee. I think i said it before, but because you can make coffee for random villagers coming in, what if after your shift; everyone you served is sitting down, making Brewsters feel less empty and you could talk to the villagers so arentin your town, and have another chance to move someone in this way!
If you know their choice of coffee (and maybe add a snack Brewster?) completely right, it adds more possibility of them wanting to come to your town? Maybe snooty villagers will definitely need you to know their coffee choices by heart, whereas sweet villagers could be like 'aw i mean you did try and get the order right, if i live here, it will give you more chance to learn my fav brew!'

Honestly my hopes are that it will be more like New Leaf in that it has lots of little things to do each day. I loved the small things like making coffee at The Roost, playing hide and seek with villagers, the mini games on the 3DS and Wii U items, and the mini games on the island. I just feel like while New Horizons added a lot of good things, it also lacked a lot of the little details.

My biggest hope is to have a completed game on launch. I think the lack of content at launch gave a lot of people a bad view of New Horizons that never went away. I'm fine with additional updates to add things, but I need enough at launch for the game to feel finished.

I'm mostly hoping for better dialogue and deeper interactions with villagers, like being able to ask them to hang out so we can do things like visit the museum together. I miss the pre-NH errands.

I also want some fun minigames, I liked hide-and-seek, Tortimer's Island and that block puzzle in NL. They're just a fun change of pace.

Finally, I'd love to see more "pointless" fun things... working at the Roost in NL, the feathers in WW, etc.

Back