• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When do you think we’ll get the next animal crossing game?

• Villagers ask you to visit their home / ask to visit yours and schedule a time to do so ( I've never had a villager ask me to visit their home in New Horizons - they just turn up at mine without asking )
I wish they could have done this for NH, because it's extremely nerve-racking to have they show up randomly when we're in our house.

I wish they could have done this for NH, because it's extremely nerve-racking to have they show up randomly when we're in our house.
I had one rudely drop in on me just as I was getting ready to clean up and then that Villager hadthe nerve to complain how messy the room was. Yeah of course it’s messy! I was going to clean up when you just rudely knock on my door and let yourself in without my permission and it’s apparently “rude” of me to clean while you are just standing there doing nothing! Every single time I try to redecorate ar store things, there’s a knock on the door and I must stand completely still for two whole minutes for them to go away! It’s annoying!

I hated that. They always barge in when you’re trying to decorate, too. I feel bad kicking them out by trying to leave my house, so it sucks for me either way. I can’t bring myself to kick them out so I’ll just talk to them until they want to leave, or just quick save the game and come back.

They do ping for you to see their home or yours if you are outside, but also randomly come in at times. I am not sure if the random visits was a thing for NL. I think the easiest solution would've just been a 'do not disturb' sign you could put on your house and boom they don't visit unless you take it off.

There are so many tiny 'what-ifs' they could've done for this game. Like there is no indication of when your tool is going to break. It's so mindbogglingly stupid they thought that was ok. They took that element from Botw and ran with it. But even in Botw they tell you when your tool is about to break and it starts to smoke/flash red in the inventory menu.

I really don't know what was going on here. Time crunch? Even though they were supposedly working on this game for 7 years? They hired people with little experience in basic gaming 101.

I wouldn't worry about kicking them out. The villager's won't remember that. Hell they can barely string together interesting dialogue. It all feels so bland and fake. 'I never knew I needed it, but now I get my daily dose of your pergola all the time!' Who talks like that?

I definitely won't be getting this game day 1. I didn't even get NL day 1 and got it late in 2014. I jumped the gun because of how much fun I had with NL.

I'm expecting 2025 or whenever the new console drops. New Horizons was sort of a letdown for me so the trailers for the next game are make it or break it deal. If its on island again I won't be buying it lol.

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but, I think we'll only ever get one mainline Animal Crossing game every Nintendo system. And by that I mean a completely new console and not just an upgrade of an existing one.

So, if we're just getting a Switch Pro, I doubt it. But Switch 2, I'll anticipate it.

I am not sure if the random visits was a thing for NL.
They weren't. They'd have to ask you, and you'd have to agree on a time. This is exclusive to NH right now, and hopefully won't make a return to the next game unless they give us a "do not disturb" option.

New Leaf's system was better because you knew what to expect. With NH, you go into your house to use storage, decorate, change clothes, etc, and out of the blue you get a knock on the door

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but, I think we'll only ever get one mainline Animal Crossing game every Nintendo system. And by that I mean a completely new console and not just an upgrade of an existing one.

So, if we're just getting a Switch Pro, I doubt it. But Switch 2, I'll anticipate it.
This is true. The only time a “new” game out on the same console was the GC entry in Japan which is basically the same as the N64 DD add on entry with more content added onto it.

They weren't. They'd have to ask you, and you'd have to agree on a time. This is exclusive to NH right now, and hopefully won't make a return to the next game unless they give us a "do not disturb" option.

New Leaf's system was better because you knew what to expect. With NH, you go into your house to use storage, decorate, change clothes, etc, and out of the blue you get a knock on the door
Sorry, but that's not true. New Leaf DID have villagers do surprise visits to your home, just like in NH - Completely identical manner, too.
Post automatically merged:

I'll say this as well: In New Leaf, how timed visits worked were ANYTHING but ideal: Villagers would either ask to go now, or do a timed visit - it was completely random between the two options, and not both options at the same time.

Also, for timed visits, you had to have a 30-60 minute buffer of time to do the visit based on the half hour. That is, if they asked at like, just between 3:00 and 3:30 pm, they'll say they'll be ready only after 4 pm. I hated that, as it messes up the timing of how you played the game: Either extend your current session by that long amount, or lock yourself to play at a specific time.

The ideal way I'd do timed visits is to make it an option to ask for NEXT to going right that moment - and to lower the buffer time to like, 5 minutes, so I don't have to force myself to extend my playtime so much.

Last edited:
Also, for timed visits, you had to have a 30-60 minute buffer of time to do the visit based on the half hour. That is, if they asked at like, just between 3:00 and 3:30 pm, they'll say they'll be ready only after 4 pm. I hated that, as it messes up the timing of how you played the game: Either extend your current session by that long amount, or lock yourself to play at a specific time.

The ideal way I'd do timed visits is to make it an option to ask for NEXT to going right that moment - and to lower the buffer time to like, 5 minutes, so I don't have to force myself to extend my playtime so much.
Yeah the timed visits were annoying. I always did something like 11:59 PM or midnight to be spiteful because of it lol. Or whatever the latest time I was allowed to do. And I never showed.

I am sure we have too wait a few more years! The only hope I have is the succsess of NH. Maybe Nintendo will release this time a new entry sooner lol

Anything we get AC related on the switch now will be a in-between series game like HappyHomeDesigner
the next series title will be on a new console when Nintendo reveals it.

Oh man my guess is 2030 unironically.

I don't think it'll be coming out any time soon, and I actually hope that's the case. I want them to take their time with the next one. Like other people have said, there'll probably be a spinoff in the meantime.

Reactions: Bui
It won't be any time soon. I think depending on when the successor to the Switch is launched, we'll see a new main series game around 2026-27. It's possible there is a spin-off to fill the void before then, but I'm not confident in that happening as of now.

definitely like, 2026 at the EARLIEST. realistically it'll probably be 8-10 years after NH's release.

Honestly, I don't expect it to be anywhere in the near future. Probably when the next biggest Nintendo console comes out, whenever that would be

I'm really hoping for end of year next year. Probably wishful thinking but maybe as one of the lunch titles for the new system.

I've heard whispers on the intervine that Switch 2 dev kits have been sent to developers ahead of an announcement early next year ... And there's apparently an AC/Lego collab in the works for a Summer 2024 release ... Does this point to an AC launch release?

Who Knows, it's all whispers and rumours ...

Back