• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Music on or off?

On unless I need to be quiet! Then off. I especially need sound effects to alert me to stuff so I'll increase the vol on the SFX but decrease the music a tad (if these fine tuning options are available).

On for sure. It can really add to a game during certain sections etc wether the music is original or licensed.

In but quiet when I’m playing handheld, on and loud when I’m playing on the tv

Normally I play with music. If my husband is watching TV I turn it off just because it would be too much different noises for me.

I keep the music on for 90% of the games I play. Some of the animal crossing NH hourly music is ghastly to me so that's when I turn it off. I wish we could have a setting where we hear surrounding sounds (water, footsteps) but not the music.

Usually on unless I’m disturbing anyone around me… I’ll either turn it off or have the sound really low!

Generally music on but for some games I keep it off so I can watch something else at the same time

I always keep the music on unless I'm just like grinding away at something and thus have something else playing in the background. After all, the music is part of the game and I need to listen to it to get the most enjoyment out of my games.

Depends on the game's soundtrack! If I like it, I keep it on, but if I either don't like it or there is no music, I turn my own music on.

Usually on! The SFX and music of a game play a big role in my enjoyment. If I'm doing something like decorating in Animal Crossing for hours, though, where immersion isn't my first priority, I might mute and have my own music on. I can only listen to the hourly tunes for so long haha.

Off. For everything. Except the Katamari games, the music is sooo good

I'd rather listen to my own music for most other games but knowing me I have a show or some kind of YouTube video playing

I personally leave the music on for most games I play, and when it comes to games like AC, SDV and Mario Kart I actually find it disorientating to NOT have the music on.

Back