• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you choose your rooms music based on taste or atmosphere?

Hat'

Bells
Switch
8218-3537-3016
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Sky Grass Scenery
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Love Ball
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Enchanted Bloom
Aurora Sky
Sweet Feather
When choosing a music for your rooms, do you select it based on your favorite tracks no matter what the room looks like, or do you try to match the atmosphere?

If the room I'm decorating follows a specific theme or style, I select the music following that theme or style! Instead, for more casual rooms I use the music I like💕

I always preferred (in older games) to use the music i liked, and tried to decorate the room to match it with the music. It's a bit frustrating in new horizons that i cant recreate some of my favorite themes from earlier games.

Like halloween - I would have a halloween room with spooky furniture and all (where's the spooky funiture in new horizons?!), and have Comrade KK for the music, which is perfect for spooky.

I played KK Jazz with the gorgeous furniture, (but didn't use the gorgeous carpet, ew). KK Faire is my favorite/happy music. I'd play that with anything, whatever the design or decoration. Works well with princess furniture and alloids.

I find in new horizons that I don't do this as much. I kind of do the decorating first, then play whatever music i feel like, whether or not it matches. Maybe it's because my favorite furniture isn't available.

Both. The room where I display the Japanese inspired items has a stereo playing music that sounds Japanese while my living room is cozy and had a tea set on the coffee table has Café K.K.

I usually have it on shuffle in New horizons but in New leaf I choose it by what fits the room theme.

It's a mix of both for me. If the room doesn't have a specific theme, then I'll do songs I like listening to, but if there's a specific theme I'm going for then I'll choose it based on the atmosphere it provides.

Back