• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Depressing Thread of Sad Video Game Music

Idk why but the Pokeflute song on the radio in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal always sounded sad or wistful for me. Also the song that plays in Tomodachi Life when a Mii gets rejected by their crush.

“Bad Apple!!” (the Touhou song) has depressing lyrics despite its fast pace.

Idk why but the Pokeflute song on the radio in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal always sounded sad or wistful for me. Also the song that plays in Tomodachi Life when a Mii gets rejected by their crush.

the animation of the vid tho is pretty amazing 2 this day

Thanks for reminding me about the Tomodachi Life OST!

I know someone here already mentioned the Xenoblade series, but this is a classic from said series.

Also this.

A thread of sad video game music without the notable Klonoa osts? I'm gonna fix that, it's not a complete sad video game music thread unless there's Klonoa in it.

Back