Middle School

Nothing else to say except, you'll get used to it. Luckily, my school doesn't require us to shower and stuff. My school, being the conservative Christian school, let's us use changing stalls to change into our uniforms.

I don't even really remember my middle school days because it sucked and I was really awkward at that time. I've had my fair share of being without friends during lunch, I use that time to study xD. Try to follow your own advice, "don't worry, be happy"~ remember that when you reach 8 grade, be sure to try very hard in your studies. In counts towards your classes in freshmen year.

I just stopped! XD you could wear a tank top for the day and then just put a shirt over it during PE

I would wear my tops under my PE shirt and if I wore shorts that day I'd put my gym shorts over those too. I wouldn't advise it if you were doing actual physical workouts though, unless you want to get your clothes drenched in sweat and feel gross the rest of the day.

Last edited:
You can pretty much get away with this. I would just wear a hoodie over my regular shirt and they would never check.

Yep, I remember getting away with not changing into my regular PE clothes. In 7th grade I forgot my clothes but I happened to be wearing sweats and a sweatshirt (but it was striped and thin-looking not like the PE sweatshirts). My coach was one of those who ask if you are wearing your shirt under your sweater, but some reason he didn't notice me even though I sat right in front of him o_o

Just make sure you're not totally gross and people will most likely talk to you. Good hygiene is the most important thing ever.

Wow! Now that I think about it my school wasn't strict at all! Anyways have any good teachers? I had ms. Heller last year and I hated her with a burning passion.

Just make sure you're not totally gross and people will most likely talk to you. Good hygiene is the most important thing ever.

I do have good hygiene which is good

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow! Now that I think about it my school wasn't strict at all! Anyways have any good teachers? I had ms. Heller last year and I hated her with a burning passion.

I like all my teachers, but my favorite teacher, my language arts teacher is moving to 7th grade since their L.A teacher is on maturnity leave

That's super weird that you would HAVE to shower. Nobody showered after PE in my middle or high school. Well none of the girls did I think some of the guys did tho

But yeah I know changing infront of others can be kind of weird but you get used to it plus everyone else is worried about it too probably and it's not like anyone wants to be caught looking around at everyone else lul

Wait you have to shower? That's stupid. Like, deodorant and a little perfume should do the job until you get home. But, changing is no big deal. If you have bathroom stalls, and if you really want to, you can always change in one of those. Otherwise, get used to it. No one will be watching you. I suggest wearing long shirts and changing into your shorts first, then facing towards your locker while putting on your shirt. Your bra will cover all it needs to cover, just in case someone peeks.

lol this sounds exactly like me when i was in 6th grade; overly paranoid over little things

i've had to say this same thing to a lot of 6th graders or people who are just starting to dress down in general; it'll be awkward at first, but when you see everyone else doing it around you it'll be like 'oh alright, so this is normal,' i personally went through with changing casually after the first day. really, it's normal. i've even went to the mall and tried on clothes with my friends in the same dressing room. my point is, it's normal and you'll eventually get over it. if you're insecure, wear a tank top over your bra if you wear one

its really nothing to worry about, after a few days i never hear anyone complaining about it

I am panicking right now ;-; tomorrow is monday and we have to dress out
i need help and im super stressed, i hate my stupid school D;

Warning... long post ahead..

I was pretty anxious about everything when I was starting 6th grade too. I'm starting high school this year, so basically the same worries all over again. :/ Yay me.
My situation was kind of like yours. My parents forced me to go this small, district wide middle school across town where I had no friends. I made a couple friends the first few weeks of 6th grade... my friends weren't really set in stone until 7th grade, though. I ended up making about 5 close friends, and a couple casual friends I only talked to when we had to work on projects together.

I never had to shower for PE (we didn't even have showers lmao), but I remember the first day we had to change clothes. It was pretty awkward, but by the 2nd day everyone was used to it and it wasn't awkward anymore.

About the showering thing, my best friend just got out of 6th grade at a different middle school. Hers is a lot bigger than mine, and they had to change and shower during the swimming unit. I asked her about it, and she said that people just try to change as quick as possible and kind of hide themselves while they do it. No one really cared or judged either apparently.

I also remember being pretty scared of the school bus, haha. I had to ride the high school buses and transfer onto another bus to my school. I was terrified it would leave without me and the high schoolers would bully me (one of them actually did, but I talked back to him and told him he was creepy lmao). I was freaked out about it for all of 6th grade, and then I kind of relaxed about it lol.

6th grade is super stressful at first but it will get better as time progresses. Eventually you'll look back and laugh at how much you were worrying about it. :blush:

I never had to worry about showering and different lunch periods, but now I do. The joys of a new school. I kinda know how you feel.

Middle School was the worst time of my life tbh.... I hated it and still do.

Hopefully your experience will be better though... :)

For me, this kind of stuff doesn't start until junior high. Middle school is just like elementary.

I don't think we'll be taking showers but during the orientation there were changing rooms in the locker rooms, so I'm assuming we have to change into some sort of uniform.

Although that bothers me, I had to get changed in and out of my bathing suit at summer camp in a crowded stall with three or four girls watching me. It's gross and uncomfortable, but I'm used to it.

I wish you luck!

If you're worried about the changing aspect then try talking to the P.E. teacher. If they're a good teacher, then maybe they can help you out somehow!

Anyways, I hated middle school. Elementary school and high school were good, but my middle school really sucked. The teachers weren't the greatest and I didn't have the greatest experience compared to high school for sure.

I'm in secondary (Grades 7-11) here. We never had to do that, after swimming we just took a quick shower with our swimming costumes on. We do get changed with the other girls in the group, but after the 3rd week we all just got over it

In Year 6 (Primary) we had to get changed as a whole class, including the boys. I remember hiding behind the bookcase with my friend to get changed.

Back