• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how long does it take you to commute to work/school?

how long is your commute?

• less than 5 minutes

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 5-10 min

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 10-15 min

• 15-20 min

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 20-30 min

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 30-40 min

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 40-50 min

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 50-60 min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60+ min

• I work from home

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
bonus points if you tell what mode of transportation you use as well!

I can't really give a good estimate for when I was in high school, because I rode the bus and it only took about 10 minutes in the morning, but then it could take 45 minutes in the afternoon oof. by car it took like 8-10 min, but I didn't have that luxury 🥲

but I made this thread mostly to see what others' commute times are like for work. I drive a car (bc lol public transport is almost nonexistent in the US outside of metros) and it takes me about 40-45 minutes to get to and from work every day. it's quite a hefty drive, but it's mostly straight backroads with very few stops so it's not a big deal at all. I just hate dealing with slow drivers haha.

edit: highkey forgot for a moment that working from home is a thing so I added a poll option for that 😌

Last edited:
if i'm working from home then 30 seconds

if i'm working in the office probably about 25 mins, i always take the train - probably about a 15 minute walk to the station then a 10 minute train journey, fortunately the office is just outside the station

My desk is like 3-4 metres from my bed, it's a gruelling commute.

When I went to school it only took about 10 minutes to get there by foot (I'm from a smallish town).

it used to be about like 10-15 minutes. 10 if i take the bus, 15 if i walked. sometimes, it'd be much shorter (y)
i'm going somewhere new now, and the estimated commune time to there (by both bus and train) is about 30-36 minutes according to what google says lol)

Last edited:
I work from home, so no time at all, lol. When I used to work in an office, it'd take me half an hour to get there.

I've worked from home for the past 3 and a half years but the times that I do need to go into the office which is few and far between these days, it'll now take me about 80 minutes to drive there.

Funny this thread appears right now since I've had to walk to work the past few days due to my dad's car being in the shop. I normally get rides which could take anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic and red lights. That includes the time it takes to walk to the car from the apartment.

Walking to work takes about between 45 minutes to an hour, and that's accounting for the time it takes to stop at Taco Bell on the way. I felt the need to treat myself to a burrito from all that exercise. It's really not that far but there's also no sidewalk the majority of the walk, so that can get annoying.

For the sake of the poll, I voted for 10-15 minutes since it's normal that I catch a ride. The timing right now is just terrible so I'm walking for the next few days it seems.

Hmm it takes me about 80-90 minutes to get to uni, and it was about the same in high school, just because there are no direct public transport routes.

I am pretty lucky that it's only about 20-30 minutes for me to get to work and that's really good considering I use public transport! Really a lot of that time is just waiting for the bus so I don't miss it. To drive there would be more like 10 minutes and for me to walk there would be about 45 minutes so I don't usually take that option but sometimes I will walk home in the summer to get some fresh air and avoid the bus. I'd love to get to try out a work from home job one day.

It's about an hour from home to campus by bus, but that's because of the lackluster public transport system :confused:. I know how to drive, but there was a while that I couldn't and the commute was a miserable experience.

Distance wise, it's only about 12 minutes, but depending on how busy the traffic is, can take 20-25. There's a small bridge I have to cross over and so many other people have to do the same.

I drive myself, but I do wish there was better public transportation where I lived. Theoretically I could bike to work, but that would take far too much effort. :p like many others, I would love a job one day where I could work remotely.

my school and my workplace are like right beside each other lol, but they each take about a 20-30 minute drive

For work, I walk. Which typically kinda takes about 30-45mins. I dunno if my boss thinks I live closer than I do, but that's why I do the mornings now, and it sucks.
I could get a bus, but that means walking in the opposite direction and using more time to wait.

I cannot for the life of me remember how long it took to go to school. Um, Primary school was literally down the road; and because of that we always got there late, thinking we would have time to relax. Secondary school is actually nearer to my job now, so I wanna say about the same time.
Colleges I went to, I had to use at least one bus each way. And was probably longer for one of the colleges due to going past a secondary school; meaning all the girls would be cramped in the same bus as mine. Bonus points this bus was not a double decker; so it was always the worse part in the morning.

for work i think it takes me 5-10 mins to get there, leaning more towards 10 mins when there’s traffic (always)

for school, it’s probably 10-20 mins 🙁 i live pretty far and the traffic is almost always horrible in the mornings

Back