• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you hoping for in the next animal crossing game?

Just_Rosey

Reach me on insta; xjust_roseyx
Bells
Switch
4281-2552-1244
This could be anything from a single piece of furniture or a quality of life feature (bulk crafting) or an in depth description of exactly what you want the next animal crossing to be like, im all ears!

Personally I want them to keep how much control we have over our island (where building are and being able to place just about everything outside) but I’d like some old features to come back, like the online island tours and all the old shops to come back. I know the characters are there and we still technically have most the shops in NH but having them in rvs on another island only to come randomly visit once or twice every two weeks is awful in my opinion. I want more shops, more characters (even if it’s just special characters), more furniture, more flowers and trees, more fruits, more events, more things “to do”, more bugs and fish to catch, more everything! This last game felt so empty. Removing the Main Street, getting rid of almost every shop and replacing it with either a traveling character or it just being gon and removing online features made the game feel lonely (I know you can visit friends islands but I miss the mini games). I know they added veggies but I miss lemons and lychees. I don’t see why so much had to be taken out? I want everything we loved from the old games to come back in some way. Better to have a ton of things to do and to discovery then to have almost nothing to do everyday after catching all the critters and perfecting your island look. I miss the badges giving me something to work for and show off, they replaced it with nook mile punch card things but i wanna show off so honestly I dislike it, and that may seem bad but im not the only one. All im saying is they keep getting rid of things when we just want more.

So once more I ask, what are some things you’re hoping for in the next animal crossing game? Anything and everything is acceptable, I wanna hear it all!

Anything. I love seeing how they add new things in the game, but I do admit, I miss some of the old features. I kinda wish they would have all the characters in the game, like Gracie Grace and Digby. I miss Tortimer island too, as that was one of the best ways for me to make bells in the game.

- A dedicated jump button
- At least twice the amount of furniture (compared to what is in New Horizons)
- More dialogue
- Better multiplayer (compared to what is in New Horizons. What New Leaf had was pretty good)
- A whole planet, instead of a town or island!
- The option of VR capability

I honestly mostly just want QOL improvements and anything that makes playing less tedious/time-consuming. It's harder for me to get excited about new stuff if I'm worried that it will just be implemented in a clunky way.

Like yesterday, I had to order some items for a Camp event. Except I couldn't! Because I had already ordered 5 items. And what 5 items? I had no idea! Because I hadn't played the game in ages and I time-traveled back to the in-game day I last played, and there's no way to check what I had ordered. Why is the limit so small? Why can't I check my currently-ordered items and cancel them because now I want something else? And that was all after scrolling through my catalog (which is almost a complete catalog and a pain to sift through when ordering and designing). So then I had to time travel to the next day, order my items, time travel to the next day (because they got rid of the afternoon mail feature), and only after 3 in-game days and lots of menuing, did I get the items that I needed for an event. And that's just one simple thing that I was trying to do.

So I'd really love for improvements to be made to the catalog for people who like to complete it, terraforming/interior designing, stuff relating to the multiplayer experience and how it takes forever to arrive/leave, etc.

There are a lot of things I would love to see upgraded or changed
increase in item limit from Nook-5 is not enough!
Bulk crafting. rn it is painful to craft especially fish bait! also would be nice not to have to go into inventory to put it in our pocket.
More rooms in the house! I don't have the dlc and we have all of these decorating items and and only what...6 rooms? I play DDLV and you can like 70 floors+ with 4 rooms on each floor.
More villagers on an island
Ability to change Island name and Island rep
There are many more but most have all been said.

I need terraforming back no matter what. Like they gave it to us they can't take it away! I would like to see it more streamlined than the one tile at a time mechanic too. Also please don't bring back villagers moving away randomly when you don't play. I can't open up NL if I take a few days break because anxiety, so I can't get back into it at all anymore (too busy to play games everyday).

But otherwise, hmm, I think a mix of NL and NH would make a great game. More furniture and things to do.

Would love to be able to choose where we live (like an island, forest, city, meadow, desert, etc), would create a lot more diversity and originality in people's towns.

I'd like to customize the Resident Service's Building. At least be able to change the colors of it. Just something to make it unique.
maybe Tom Nook is just worried about a pastel pink roof or building, haha)

Another thing I think would be kinda cool is having different things you gotta look for, in terms of bugs and fish. But if you had to seek out birds or like, small animals, like snakes and squirrels. Its not too crazy, we have hamster cages, and rabbit statues so there is most likily, actual animals in the game.

I think it might just be more fun to like hunt for, or have to take pictures of rabbits, or squirrels while having a rabbit and squirrel on your island haha.

- More QoL features, crafting multiples (if crafting continues to be a thing) and less tedious terraforming
- More villagers! At least 15 like the GC version please.
- Significantly more dialogue and interactions with villagers. They are like the core aspect of the game! It feels like it became an afterthought in NH. People are going to have duplicate personalities and there needs to be enough varied dialogue.
- Interactive multiplayer like NL's Island Tours
- A lively town atmosphere again. I understand they wanted you to FEEL like it was a deserted island, but I miss going into places like Club LOL and Gracie's. It was nice seeing the villagers across the train tracks in NL, too.
- All the furniture that didn't make it from previous games :(

I need terraforming back no matter what. Like they gave it to us they can't take it away! I would like to see it more streamlined than the one tile at a time mechanic too. Also please don't bring back villagers moving away randomly when you don't play. I can't open up NL if I take a few days break because anxiety, so I can't get back into it at all anymore (too busy to play games everyday).

But otherwise, hmm, I think a mix of NL and NH would make a great game. More furniture and things to do.

Would love to be able to choose where we live (like an island, forest, city, meadow, desert, etc), would create a lot more diversity and originality in people's towns.
Being able to choose where we lived isn’t something I’ve thought about but would be really cool and would add more personality to peoples islands and if they made certain things only naturally spawn in some places then it would open the door for a better use of multiplayer as well as an even better sense of community… though people limited certain items to the type of place you choose to live could also get annoying since online isn’t free anymore. Idk. This is something to think about but I love this idea!
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to customize the Resident Service's Building. At least be able to change the colors of it. Just something to make it unique.
maybe Tom Nook is just worried about a pastel pink roof or building, haha)

Another thing I think would be kinda cool is having different things you gotta look for, in terms of bugs and fish. But if you had to seek out birds or like, small animals, like snakes and squirrels. Its not too crazy, we have hamster cages, and rabbit statues so there is most likily, actual animals in the game.

I think it might just be more fun to like hunt for, or have to take pictures of rabbits, or squirrels while having a rabbit and squirrel on your island haha.
Having to take picture would be extremely cool! It could be smtg for the museum. If you catch a bug you can also submit a photo of it? I cant think of the name but this was in another game where you take photos of wildlife and submitted it to a museum. Having to run around to catch small animals would be really cool, maybe it’d function like the scorpion and tarantula? Maybe even be its own category in the encyclopedia if they could think of enough creatures. It would be weird since we have bird and rabbit villagers but you can also catch frogs and there’s the hamster cages like you said. I actually really like this idea as I haven’t thought about it and it’d give an extra thing to do. Also the customization of the resident services building was kinda in NL where you could change the town hall and train station which in NH would be the resident services and airport. I wish they kept this feature.
Post automatically merged:

- More QoL features, crafting multiples (if crafting continues to be a thing) and less tedious terraforming
- More villagers! At least 15 like the GC version please.
- Significantly more dialogue and interactions with villagers. They are like the core aspect of the game! It feels like it became an afterthought in NH. People are going to have duplicate personalities and there needs to be enough varied dialogue.
- Interactive multiplayer like NL's Island Tours
- A lively town atmosphere again. I understand they wanted you to FEEL like it was a deserted island, but I miss going into places like Club LOL and Gracie's. It was nice seeing the villagers across the train tracks in NL, too.
- All the furniture that didn't make it from previous games :(
It actually kinda slipped my mind that it was supposed to be a deserted island feel, but also you’re slowly building it back up so there should’ve been an option to add all those back in, but make it an OPTION so if you want the island feel you can have it. I feel like they cut so many things because it wouldn’t give off certain “vibes” as others. Having the traveling shops gave more of an island feel than actual buildings but once your island wasn’t really deserted anymore we should’ve been able to have the buildings again like with able sisters

Last edited:
- Less focus on designing (I prefer the more traditional aspects of AC like fishing)
- Longer town tunes (at least 20-24 notes, preferably)
- More cat-themed furniture, like plushes
- More Nintendo items (that isn't just Mario) like in NL

That's all I can think of for now. There's a number of QoL updates I'd love to see, but I'd just be repeating the same things a lot of other users have already said. 😅

- Less focus on designing (I prefer the more traditional aspects of AC like fishing)
- Longer town tunes (at least 20-24 notes, preferably)
- More cat-themed furniture, like plushes
- More Nintendo items (that isn't just Mario) like in NL

That's all I can think of for now. There's a number of QoL updates I'd love to see, but I'd just be repeating the same things a lot of other users have already said. 😅
That was another thing. I think the Nintendo items really weren’t served the justice they deserved after NL as well as ambiios

In my opinion, a lot of the sanrio items weren’t as good as NL and as far as I can remember all other ambiios were taken out :(

The link items weren’t added again which was upsetting and the Mario items, which were cool, got old way too fast and just weren’t really as cool as they were in NL. I think they’re making the game too easy if that makes sense. Everything’s fast and easy and it makes the game go bye too fast if you aren’t 6.

A mix of EVERYTHING good of previous games, for example:

Realistic villagers and great soundtrack like in Gamecube.
The variety of dialogues like in Wild World.
A nice city/plaza for shops like in City Folk.
Tortimer Island and multiple minigames like in New Leaf.
Amazing graphics like in New Horizons.

It would be the best AC game from all the time.

I'm definitely looking for features like bulk crafting, but also maybe more NPCs that can only be seen at certain times of day, and more villager interactions, because I hate when I have two villagers that say the same couple of things.

I'd be happy if they kept what was added in NH and then brought back what was omitted from previous games instead of trying something completely new again and not executing it properly. I'm talking furniture, characters, events and features. It would be really cool to take the best aspects of the series and have them all together instead of limited to certain games. Obviously there should be something that sets a new game apart from the others, though, so it shouldn't all be a rehash of old stuff. I just think they started to go in an interesting direction but didn't quite perfect it so they should work on refining what they started instead of starting all over again.

Personally I hope we go back to the more foresty/town vibe rather than an island vibe, and there should definitely be more focus on the community aspect now that they've got the designing aspect down pretty solidly. I don't think AC fans are looking for anything wildly different, but they could certainly build on what's been done in the past.

This is just personal preference but I also REALLY hope the music direction is more like the older games, or they at least give us different sound settings. The NH soundtrack just doesn't feel like Animal Crossing to me and I usually listen to other music while I play, even though the soundtrack is one of my absolute favourite parts of the other games.

>I hope we keep crafting.
>I hope PWP come back for special large unique outdoor items.
>I hope for more meaningful dialog from villagers.
>I hope there is an arcade with a few mini games that can be played by yourself or with a few others. I would like a few that is single player only as well.
>I hope we can choose our biome.
>I hope we can have up to 3 save files per game copy.
>I hope there is building customization.
>I hope we can have villagers have roommates.
>I hope we can decorate inside villager's houses.
>I hope we get some new villagers. Preferably ones that are not cats or cubs.
>If terraforming is still a thing, I want an over head view while doing it, just like in HHP.
>I would like a greenhouse that can store shrubs, trees, and flowers at any time.
>I hope the crops stay and perhaps add some to them like green beans, cabbage, melon, or bell peppers.
>I hope giant crops can be a thing whether it be a rare spawn or via crafting.
>I hope random villager move ins and move outs are forever in the past.
>I hope Blather's uncle shows up and he is an inventor and when he shows he will allow you to travel to the past in his machine and special things can be found that way. He may also sell you special machines that do what they are suppose to but end up breaking after one use.

Edit other thoughts

>Berries on shrubs/viney looking hedges. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and grapes.
>Villagers that are awake at night. There are night only players who would like to see their town living. May require adding a new species like owls and moths but honestly you could take some that already exist like mice.

Last edited:
Okay, here we go. Strap in:
  • The ability to move in more villagers if desired. 10 is enough as is, but it would be very interesting to see up to 20 in a town. Heck, I would be happy with 16, as you could have a town with one of every personality and type.
  • Some more official lore for the villagers. Doesn't have to be in-depth or anything; something like Pocket Camp's descriptions would work.
  • Have each villager be a bit more unique than just their catchphrase. Again, it doesn't have to be complicated, but I shouldn't have to see the same dialogue from two villagers in the same town at the same time.
    • Also, if a villager moves out and comes back, their memory shouldn't be cleared. They could also make random appearances in The Roost or something after moving out, but not as often as in New Leaf.
  • Digby & Lyle having roles again. It really bothered me that Nintendo didn't give them proper appearances in NH, despite a lot of opportunities - even as simple cameos.
  • If DIY returns...
    • Flimsy tools are the easiest to break.
    • Normal tools are in the middle.
    • Silver tools should come back, too. Have them last longer than normal tools, but not be unbreakable.
    • Make golden tools unbreakable again. It wouldn't bother me if obtaining them would be more difficult, as it's essentially a main goal to accomplish with a great reward in the end.
    • Please, please, PLEASE add in a "craft all" button. It would make crafting fish bait 10x faster.
  • More slots for custom designs, and have the ability to rotate them instead of having to take up extra slots.
  • Bring the outside decorating interface from HHP into the main game.
  • MINIGAMES! Most of us miss these from New Leaf, and they made online multiplayer fun!
  • More Photopia features...
    • Have characters look in certain directions and not just where you place them or at the camera.
    • More reactions to choose from.
    • The ability to photograph outside in your own town, or in exotic places such as the desert or jungle.
  • Have the store expand more than just once, like in older games. Heck, Able Sisters could also expand too, but not to Nook levels.
  • Improve the multiplayer load times, and make trading between players easier, whether that be when visiting or through sending mail.
  • Last but not least, increased functionality for certain furniture items, such as throwing or kicking sports balls, minigames for the arcade machines, and being able to hold and play musical instruments from anywhere.
That's all I can think of right now.

I really want heaps more furniture and clothes I feel like there was soooooo much more New Horizons could of added to the game. I would also like there to be continuous updates for the next game.

would be really cool if they tried to mix aspects from all the games (especially NL and NH)

Back