• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

List of Villagers Based on Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it would be an idea to see exactly how often a villager gets traded, taken form cycling threads and what have you.. But I just don't have the time for that..

I simply gauge it by roughly how many times I see them being traded, being auctioned (and people actually bidding), how often they're taken in cycling threads, and how often I see them in dream teams..

It's not the most accurate, which is why the disclaimer is there

I'm open to more research, but I don't want it taking up all my time just for something that is getting by just fine as it is

I am wondering about research from "Animal Crossing"/Nintendo with regard to either of them keeping track of which villagers are hot, medium, and cool. After all, some already established characters in "New Leaf" weren't there in the edition preceding "New Leaf" but were there in the one prior to that. (I have to admit—I lose track if "City Folk" came before "Wild World" or if it was the other way around.)

Using my imagination on suggesting what I'd like to see from the next "Animal Crossing," I mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see a player begin the next "Animal Crossing" by getting greeted in town—not by any already established villagers but—by Isabelle and fellow employees directly connected with every town (the Nooks, the Ables, the Post Office). And that Isabelle would take one's Mayor into the Town Hall to go over a couple things: 1) Establish zoning area for housing; 2) To send invites to two villager characters—one male and one female—to move into the brand-new town. I want "Animal Crossing" to expand on its Mayor concept. It's time-consuming; yet I love it.

I also love this reference thread. I know about the disclaimer. But it is an excellent guide.

Last edited:
Quick Small Update

Lolly has been moved up from number 9 in Tier One, to number 6.

Phoebe has been moved up from number 16 in Tier Two, to number 4.

Coco has been moved up from number 12 in Tier Two, to number 7.

Last edited:
Woah Pheobe gained a lot! And awww no Filbert update?

Woah Pheobe gained a lot! And awww no Filbert update?

Yup, Phoebe was overlooked for too long, and I've seen her more often than Rudy and Drago (as examples)

And not yet, I've put Chadder and him on my watch list for now

Yup, Phoebe was overlooked for too long, and I've seen her more often than Rudy and Drago (as examples)

And not yet, I've put Chadder and him on my watch list for now

She gained right after I got her from you. :p

I've seen Gayle popping up more and more. Maybe someone to keep an eye on?

On the whole villagers are selling for way less than they used to
knew this would happen once all the towns manage to get their populars

I got Zucker for 3.5 mil. He's still up there, but people are paying less attention to the octopi. Well except marina of course.
I am glad Lolly is going up cause I already have her.
Dotty tho :(

Seing Daisy was included in the bottom of the barrel was sad :( I love her

I think that's because the dogs need to stand out more. The deer are well-developed. They're gorgeous! The next edition of "Animal Crossing" should work more on the dogs. I have Cookie in Progress, and she stands out because of her pink color; her peppy personality; and her warmth. I had Lucky, who fell out of Bell Tree Forums Top Tier, in "City Folk"; and he's fine. But there should be plenty more dog villagers who stand out. "Animal Crossing" does well with cats. Given the immense popularity, in real life, of dogs I would think this animal should be important to all who are responsible for one edition after the next of "Animal Crossing."

Bones, Lucky, and Shep used to be popular, now they've all fallen quite a bit.

Didn't Lucky use to be top tier, once?

I'm not complaining, he's become very low maintenance now.

So...I may actually be able to get Lucky one of these days??? And not be pining for him forever??? Woo hoo! I have hope. :)

Lucky hasn't ever been Tier One in my thread.. However, he has been top tier previously, mainly at the beginning of New Leaf..

He's still held onto his popularity, but not as much of it as he once had

Ah, my mistake! I accidentally lumped him in with Ankha as both are dreamies if mine and I haven't been able to get Lucky. You're right...I mis-remembered (if that's even a word).

Hes in the top tier on other places though :)
I just feel eventually the top dreamies wont be very desirable as everyone will have them... and the ones who are tier 3/4 will become more, as they will be harder to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back