• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Popularity Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons

i'm definitely gonna be using my amiibo cards now that i know some of those villagers are quite pricey hehe

Actually I’m not so sure. It will be interesting whenever Raymond’s amiibo is released but I think Marshal may actually come out on top.

Other than my own, humble observations:

There were certainly a few surprises! I'm excited to get the update posted! (but raymond is still absolutely slaying in the #1 spot. I was wondering if he was gonna bounce down, since 'most expensive' doesn't always equal 'most popular', but nope, you guys just adore that little business cat)

It is indeed a factor but Judy and Sherb trend differently. To put it into perspective: Raymond is almost 4x more popular than Audie, who is 1.5x more popular than Marshal, who is the most popular villager in the game. Raymond and Audie will most likely still be trending in S tier by the end of the games life cycle. Judy and Sherb are the ones most likely to move across tiers as the dust settles - which is what I meant by my comment.

People who are no doubt spending a lot of time observing and gathering data also say Raymond is more popular than Marshal right now.

Other than my own, humble observations:

People who are no doubt spending a lot of time observing and gathering data also say Raymond is more popular than Marshal right now.
People are spending a lot more for him but I think it’s more a supply and demand kind of thing inflating and making him seem more popular. I was reading a thread today about who people preferred between the two and was shocked to see the majority were stanning for Marshal. I’m not too really bothered either way haha I just thought it was interesting.

Demand for Raymond has been steadily increasing in the last few days - most likely due to the fact that more people are finding out he sells for so much. Popularity wise he's been pretty stable. Audie has actually been decreasing in popularity/price overall. I assume Marshal will end up #2 overall once the hype dies down. Only time will tell.

People are spending a lot more for him but I think it’s more a supply and demand kind of thing inflating and making him seem more popular. I was reading a thread today about who people preferred between the two and was shocked to see the majority were stanning for Marshal. I’m not too really bothered either way haha I just thought it was interesting.

What you say could very well be true but my post you quoted was just referring to at this current time, Raymond, possibly based on supply-and-demand, is more popular than Marshal. I agree it will be interesting to see if he remains at the top spot in six months but given the insane artwork, fanbase and hysteria (which is reminiscent of the Marshal hysteria when New Leaf came out) he as accrued I think he will remain one of the most popular villagers even once the dust has settled.

What you say could very well be true but my post you quoted was just referring to at this current time, Raymond, possibly based on supply-and-demand, is more popular than Marshal. I agree it will be interesting to see if he remains at the top spot in six months but given the insane artwork, fanbase and hysteria (which is reminiscent of the Marshal hysteria when New Leaf came out) he as accrued I think he will remain one of the most popular villagers even once the dust has settled.
Oh no he’ll be popular for sure, was just pondering whether he’d be in that number one spot, but indeed only time will tell ;) it will be interesting to see!

Hello everyone! I am very honored to have been able to work on this huge project that took many days! I hope everyone will find all of our hard work useful! I wanted to first thank each and every one of you who took the time to vote. You guys allowed us to make this possible. After about 6 hours of tallying votes, I felt a certain connection to all of you (along with total brain melt...there were well over a thousand votes to sort through!). I thought it was so interesting to see the different groups of 10 villagers you each chose as your favorites. Everyone had such a variety in who they liked!

One thing that I found very sweet was that there's at least one person out there who loves each villager. Keep that in mind when trading villagers starts to pick up around here. You never know if someone is around who would absolutely LOVE to adopt the villager you are moving out, even if they are the lowest tier. Love to all villagers all around!

oh, and a special hug to the TWO other people who put Boone in their top 10. That guy is totally awesome, even if we'll never see him in a high tier place. Love for Boone ^-^
Thank you for experience!)

78. Percy

Uh...unless I'm sorely mistaken, there is no villager named Percy.

Still, great guide! Most of my loved villagers may be bottom tier, but they're top tier to me! :D

Good morning everyone! I wanted to make a little announcement regarding this thread, because I know some of you were wondering if/when we were ever going to update this. This thread in particular? Not any more. However, we're still going to be working together with Indo and updating his thread instead. We ended up teaming up with him and we're now working together! Rather than have a bunch of different threads floating around here, we thought it would be best to work together, rather than separately. Plus, us teaming up allows us to get updates out much much faster (we're planning to update every two weeks, yaaay ^-^ ) Thank you to each and every one of you for the support you've given us while we poured our hearts (and hours and hours) into making this. We hope to continue serving this awesome community and providing a tier list you can depend on, built together from a passionate group of friends.

Back