• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Tier List for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Updated: 5/19)

huh.
tier lists are a waste of time. I could NOT care less that Raymond is way up there.

I also remember hearing one source (don’t remember where, sorry) where someone basically bought Roald up into top tier with “giveaways”. As much as I like Erik I don’t think he’s top tier material.
How dare 😠
just kidding, I actually wanted Beau when I was looking for "deer" villagers for my island and only got Erik because I had an empty plot and someone was selling him on reddit. But he really grew on me in just a few days, and the lazy personality dialogue plus his dopey face just makes such an adorable combination. But I doubt he's top tier material as well since without interacting with him he's pretty forgettable and there are already a lot of cute lazies and deer in the game.

Last edited:
How dare 😠
jk, I actually wanted Beau when I was looking for "deer" villagers for my island and only got Erik because I had an empty plot and someone was selling him on reddit. But he really grew on me in just a few days, and the lazy personality dialogue plus his dopey face just makes such an adorable combination. But I doubt he's top tier material as well since without interacting with him he's pretty forgettable and there are already a lot of cute lazies and deer in the game.
Well, he’s my current favorite villager so I do agree he’s awesome lol

• Love
Reactions: Fye
I also remember hearing one source (don’t remember where, sorry) where someone basically bought Roald up into top tier with “giveaways”. As much as I like Erik I don’t think he’s top tier material.
I heard boosting Erik was done for charity. I don’t have problem with him being top tier and would prefer him over Beau.

I heard boosting Erik was done for charity. I don’t have problem with him being top tier and would prefer him over Beau.
...that still kinda messes with the point of the poll, though, at least for these sorts of things. I feel like you should vote for who you like personally, not by what someone else is telling you to (whether or not it’s for a good cause).

And this is coming from someone who agrees that Erik>Beau

Last edited:
...that still kinda messes with the point of the poll, though. I feel like you should vote for who you like personally, not by what someone else is telling you to (whether or not it’s for a good cause).

And this is coming from someone who agrees that Erik>Beau
I think popularity polls are inherently biased whether they get boosted by an individual or not. You could say the community as a whole boost certain villagers subconsciously whether through memes or Instagram posts like how Raymond or Dom got popular. People see these villagers so often in social media that they end up liking them as well.

I think popularity polls are inherently biased whether they get boosted by an individual or not. You could say the community as a whole boost certain villagers subconsciously whether through memes or Instagram posts like how Raymond or Dom got popular. People see these villagers so often in social media that they end up liking them as well.
That’s exactly why I wouldn’t judge how good a villager is solely off of popularity poles. Like who you like!

I agree with some of the responses here especially that some people will do anything just to boost a villager's popularity. This will have a direct impact on getting a high place in the tier list. For instance, Barold isn't that popular at all when the game just started.

Anyway, I only use the tier list for gauging a villager's market value. This gives us a standard of perception on how much are they going for when selling or trading them away. I don't use it for determining my likeness of villagers as a lot of people pointed here.

Always remember that taste is subjective. Each one of us has their own list. And all of us obviously won't agree at some point which is fine. :)

- Villagers are ranked into tiers, but within the tiers they are listed in no particular order.

Well... they are listed in a particular order, it just happens to be alphabetical order. :LOL:

When you have both S+ Tier villagers-
Lol, I've got 'em both too, but this post is so old I wonder if it even applies anymore? I feel like these days tiers are really only used to price villagers in Amiibo shops on here, but I'm only on here (Nookazon scares me) so IDK. I feel like some villagers are popular and some aren't, and selling/trading/giving away a villager depends more on the timing of your post (and who sees it) then actual value. But I wasn't on this site when people were selling Raymond for real money (not on this site, on others I mean) so I guess I missed most of the hype!

I'm kind of curious what others think now, though- do tiers still matter much? Or is it more personal preference/luck?

Lol, I've got 'em both too, but this post is so old I wonder if it even applies anymore? I feel like these days tiers are really only used to price villagers in Amiibo shops on here, but I'm only on here (Nookazon scares me) so IDK. I feel like some villagers are popular and some aren't, and selling/trading/giving away a villager depends more on the timing of your post (and who sees it) then actual value. But I wasn't on this site when people were selling Raymond for real money (not on this site, on others I mean) so I guess I missed most of the hype!

I'm kind of curious what others think now, though- do tiers still matter much? Or is it more personal preference/luck?

Great points! Personally, I feel like tier matters in terms of pricing for villager trades but not much beyond that (though some people care about tier for other reasons I imagine, which is totally fine)

The thing is, the game does not have any of this tier level stuff built in, so tier level in game really doesn’t matter. High tier villagers are not more valuable or rare to the game than any others.

in some ways I imagine low tier villagers are harder to find for trade, even though if you do find them they are more often giveaways, just because they are less commonly found on people’s islands and probably less commonly listed for trade because they don’t have high sale value. So for example, merry and tabby - both equally uncommon in mystery islands, since they are cats, both have amiibo cards, but I feel I see a lot more listings for Merry, and so if you are set on finding tabby it may be more difficult because of her unpopularity but you can find merry relatively easier (but will have to pay more for merry)

and then separately in my tier level the new villagers seem like they can reasonably be priced/ valued higher because they do not have amiibos

(like @Serabee I am only involved in the community on here, so my perspective is limited)

anyway, just some musings.

In no way do I want to make @SakuraMoon feel bad for getting two villagers she loves though! So glad you managed to get Raymond, I remember seeing you post on how much you wanted him! 🥳🥳🥳

For me tiers are worthless.
I would never sell a villager. If I have them and I know someone wants them, I give them away for free.

And I don't care who's popular as I like who I like.
I've got raymond on my island, not because he's popular, but because I think he's cool.
I also had quillson on my island for a long time because I love him. Didnt bother me that he wasn't loved, outside of the fact I think more people should love him.

So while these lists can be a fun novelty, they will never affect my thoughts, actions, or opinions, when it comes to villagers.

Te me tiers are kind of 50/50, I personally would N E V E R give or trade my dreamies to anyone. (And why I call them dreamies, is because they are just so cute, so sweet, and so charmingly awkward, smug, or kawaii in general and appearance wise.) I just love most of my dreamies because they take role in personalities of my life and lifestyle, that's why I love them so much!

Back