• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Popularity Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons

I think the difference between popular and expensive is worth remembering, as well as the fact that the lack of amiibo for all the new villagers drives prices up. Raymond (for example) might be the most popular now, or he might just be the most expensive because Marshal is equally popular but much easier to get hold of, supply and demand. I think when this was created, a lot of thought went into finding people’s favourite villagers as much as the most expensive, and sometimes a villager such as Marshal might still be the overall favourite but not the most sought after, or the most expensive due to accessibility, I have Marshal in my town but I wouldn’t have paid many tickets for him, I amiibo’d him in, but even if I hadn’t had his amiibo, I wouldn’t have gone to the extortionate lengths that we’re going to just to try to get hold of Raymond.
If this list is meant to represent demand, then I definitely think Raymond should be #1, but if it’s more sentimental, like favoured villagers, a lot have happy memories with villagers like Marshal (etc) so might still rate him higher.
I agree with this 100%. For example, from my observations, a lot of people wanted Marina but almost everybody has her now so that’s why she’s dipped in price. If the data is polled simply from “what’s your top 10 villagers” people would be surprised about Marina.

this was before the raymold craze i think or people buying him for 1000 tickets.. but yes, no one would buy marshal for 1000 tickets so easily for the first time in years he's #2 now
l wouldn’t even consider Marshall top 5 anymore. Looking at dreamies and pricing lately.

l wouldn’t even consider Marshall top 5 anymore. Looking at dreamies and pricing lately.
I'm working on a list currently based on both pricing and popularity ranking. I'm only about 100 villagers deep but Marshal varies wildly. In terms of pricing, Marshal is the most expensive villager aside from the top 3 - Raymond, Judy and Audie, BUT he isn't much more expensive compared to the likes of Ankha, Bob and Lucky. He's around 5-10 NMTs more on average.

In terms of popularity, he's #2. He's WAY ahead of Judy and Audie, but they're more expensive because of the lack of amiibo.

what? no marshal is still more sought after and a bit more expensive, than any villagers that *have* amiibos. but since nmt trading is crazy right now it will depend on the bid and the amount of people online. sometimes pricing changes depending on time of bid if that's what you're noticing, some people are lucky enough to get him cheaper. but in general, i feel like it's a stretch to say he's not top 5. he's still popular maybe people just have him on their island already.
diana, fauna, stitches etc. (basically most tier 1 villagers) you see them being auctioned often too, but the price seems low because of the villagers without amiibos go for 50 nmts up.

Heeeya I just wanted to post a little update here~ Within the next day or two, we are planning to update this list with updated belltree tier lists. (we currently have a team of people organizing data and getting it ready). We plan to update this once a month. Since the 1 month anniversary for the release of new horizons will be tomorrow, you should see our update coming very soon.

I noticed someone else posted a tier list here and anyone is more than welcome to post up their own lists! It can be interesting to compare them. We do take our data directly from these forums (and days and days of organizing that data @.@ ) so if anyone else is bringing in information from elsewhere, it can be interesting to see what's going on in other communities.

For anyone who was worried that we were never going to update and was starting tier lists of their own, please feel free to send me a message and we can all work together~ If you'd rather not work together, you are of course welcome to post your own list, but we're going to keep working hard at this thread to keep updating it monthly too! Sending love and shine to everyone, keep making those islands beautiful~

IMO, New villagers without amiibo and the villagers who are part of the less common/less produced welcome amiibo series overall have been feeling louder than their true popularity, because the availability isn't as good as most villagers. Like, it would be easy to say "Oh, Raymond has to be the top now, people are going absolutely feral trying to get him" and Raymond is clearly very well-liked, but it's also very possible there's more popular villagers than him who are just easy to get because lots of people have their amiibo cards.

I'm very curious to see how things shake out when things settle down a bit.

I wonder what changes the updated list will have..

There were certainly a few surprises! I'm excited to get the update posted! (but raymond is still absolutely slaying in the #1 spot. I was wondering if he was gonna bounce down, since 'most expensive' doesn't always equal 'most popular', but nope, you guys just adore that little business cat)

Sprocket got a complete overhaul in New Horizons. Aside from not being available and added later as an RV card later on, he got a whole new look. Everyone that has even mentioned sprocket has done so glowingly. He’s too low for a Horizons Tier list and he’s definitely over Ribbot. I would say way over.
3D935D89-3349-4311-91F0-2EBAEA38A0C9.png

Heya! We recently teamed up with Indo (the member who recently released another tier list), so there might be a delay in getting the new update out, but we're all happily working together now to get you guys the best tier list we can~

NGL, it's rather pleasing to know two of my villagers are Tier 1.

Also kind of weird one of my dreamies is Tier 3. Lmao

Heya! We recently teamed up with Indo (the member who recently released another tier list), so there might be a delay in getting the new update out, but we're all happily working together now to get you guys the best tier list we can~
Glad you guys are working on it together!

Back