Let's talk tabletop games(board games, card cames, RPGs, etc.)!

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Anyone here play any tabletop games? I like some of the classics like Scrabble and Uno but also lesser known and/or newer ones like Cards Against Humanity, Zombies!!!, and Descent: Journeys in the Dark. I also have a game called Elder Sign that I still need to learn...I'm excited for it!:)

Last edited:
Tabletop games are something I really love the idea of but don't play often as I just... don't have anyone to play with! In March though @Saylor came to visit and we bought a board game. When we are able to live together playing board games is something we want to do more often so that'll be fun!

We ended up buying  Flamecraft because it was so cute and I'm a sucker for things like that. It's (thankfully!) A beginner friendly game. It's not too complicated to understand so that makes it feel inviting and the objective of the game is also easy going (while it's not co-operative per say it doesn't feel overly competitive) which makes it fun to play without anyone getting heated about winning!

40k designs go insane. I was trying to learn it for a bit, if the figs weren’t so expensive I’d probably have a few now. I was partial to Necrons myself.

Boardgames are something I don’t know much about but I really respect/have some curiosity toward. I’d also be down for a DnD group but I haven’t known anyone that has properly organised one with more people or a group I like. I’m on a server where a few people are interested but I don’t know if anyone will step up for it.

Okay long post incoming!! I enjoy playing tabletop games but man it is so hard to wrap my brain around all the rules when starting out. I pretty much just play whatever my husband picks.

Lately we've been playing these three card games - Struggle for Catan, Monopoly Deal, and Fluxx!

card gameszsz.jpg

- I really love Struggle for Catan because I LOVED playing the full Settlers of Catan board game (despite having played it only once or twice), but we pretty much never have enough people to play the full game. Struggle for Catan works with just two players! And it's not a super long game either.

- Monopoly Deal is fun, like a more fast-paced version of the full Monopoly game. Wasn't too difficult to understand the rules since I already know how Monopoly works. And it was really cheap haha

- Fluxx is great, it comes in all different kinds of themes. We have a Cthulhu version and a Zombie version. The rules constantly change throughout the game as you play, so each time you play is a bit different.

Other board games I like.. Risk is classic but takes SO LONG and I will never win lmao. Pandemic, Scrabble, and Cluedo are a lot of fun! I haven't tried many more board games but I love going to the board game store and just... looking at all the art. If only we had more space and more money for board games 😅

I am interested in Warhammer/Warhammer 40k; we bought a starter Warhammer set years and years ago and.. have assembled only 1 and a half figures lmao. I was surprised I managed to put this guy together and not mess it up:

lil warhammer guy.jpg

Haven't painted him obviously, he's just been collecting dust unfortunately. But I think it would be a lot of fun to get into painting miniatures.. I probably wouldn't paint Warhammer miniatures the way they're intended to be painted though, I like the idea of making them pastel and cute, I think that would be so silly 😝

We have a mountain of D&D 5E books; we did a podcast for a bit and I sewed quite a few dice bags. I really miss playing D&D, despite the fact that I am not good at even basic math (or doing voices) and the rules still confuse me. I attempted DMing my own homebrew campaign in an underwater world; it was difficult but a lot of fun, I loved worldbuilding. Never did finish the campaign though. A shame that COVID and Animal Crossing: New Horizons had to happen when it did 😅

My husband and I also played a lot of Call of Cthulhu -- kinda similar to D&D but like.. way more punishing. I liked the Sanity mechanic in Call of Cthulhu, I think that would be fun to incorporate into D&D somehow!

Anyway yeah, I like card games, board games, TTRPGs! I just don't like the time it takes to learn the rulessss

I used to play some when I went to my friends’ parties. We’d sometimes play them.

I liked Bang! (the Blizzard version and the original) I have a game called Angry Unicorns by Tee Turtle that is fun. Red Dragon Inn, Munchkin were favorites of the games we tried and played multiple occasions. With my sister and her husband we did settlers of catan; I enjoyed it at the time though I don’t really have any interest in playing it again. Another game was similar but it was a panda themed game and the resources were bamboo ( don’t remember the name; it’s still packed in boxes so I can’t check either). I also have a cat board game where you collect cats and you try to steal each other’s cats I think. I forgot the name; also still packed up since I still haven’t unpacked everything since I’ve moved.

I used to play some Mtg too, but I wasn’t very good and had no one to play until the time I dropped it.

I think board games are fun even though I don’t play very often. I actually never thought Monopoly was one of the best, but I do really like Uno. I also have some others like Connect 4, Chutes and Ladders, and Candy Land.

For tabletop games, I haven’t played one before, but one of my friends has been (more like used to be) obsessed with D&D recently and he wants me to play it with him. So if we ever actually get the things we need, we might play it someday.

This is reminding me that I haven’t played a board game in a hot minute.

Welp, Elder Sign was put away in packing. Guess I'll have to learn it after the move.

Yessss! Super excited to see this thread

The TCG games I play:
Yugioh - This is definitely my favorite one :D
Magic the gathering: Still fairly new to this one, I'm enjoying it though
Digimon - This one I play less often now that I don't know anyone anymore that plays it but I do love it and miss playing it. I might try playing a game against myself, that would be fun
Pokemon - This one is fun too but probably my least favorite out of the card games I play. I do enjoy it but not nearly as much as say Yugioh or MTG

The LCG's I play (living card games)
-Arkham Horror

The tabletop games I play:
Descent- Legends of the Dark

Other:
Dice Masters: This is a dice building game

I'm in the process of learning how to play Chess right now too :)

Oh and I started painting miniatures this past year :)

My siblings fly up here once a year, and we all play tabletop games. I can't particularly remember them :c We never play the same one twice. I remember one of them being a murder mystery that involved going on a real website. Another was a card based elimination game.

On my own I like to play chess. I play with my older brother when he flies over here. I currently edge him out a little bit in terms of skill, as I take almost all games and he can force an occasional draw. But I think he's catching up to me. I suspect he's going to beat me the next time I see him.

I also made my first friend in high school from bonding over a mobile card game called WWE SuperCard. We played that game at every opportunity. I recall when we went on a class canoe trip, and all we wanted to really do was play the card game. We couldn't have cared any less about the boat.

I kinda miss him. It made the game so much more special.

Back