• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If You Were Given The Chance, Would You Be A Voice Actor?

???

• Total voters
THAT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN! I dont think anyone would hire me though unless they want me to play a 4 year old because my voice is pretty high pitched!!

definitely not. My voice is annoying and high pitched, and I have way too much anxiety to talk in front of people.

yeah i think it would be a really cool job. ive been told a few times that i should go for it or make a podcast haha. maybe ill try auditioning for something sometime, idk

It's actually an impossible dream of mine to voice act. More specifically, voice act a FNAF animatronic. No particular reason. I just think it would be really cool.

I actually wouldn’t. I hate my voice. I don’t like how it sounds over video or even on the phone. I’m unsure if it’s how I sound in real life or if it’s just how I’m hearing myself, but my voice is humiliating for me, lol.

Nu uh. Maybe people's ears will bleed.

When I started watching cartoons as a kid I always wanted to be a voice actor :) I can make the animal crossing voice sound and I do it all the time :p

No. While I admire voice actors for having a range in their voices, that wouldn’t be a career that I would like. Too much pressure. There would also be other obstacles like my lisp; and lack of experience with some emotions due to my sexual orientation.

How can a person be an actor if they don’t know how to show all emotions?

absolutely not. i went to speech therapy when i was younger, but i still struggle a lot with stuttering and stumbling over my words, certain word and letter pronunciations, and tone (i tend to say things flatly and have trouble expressing emotion), so i wouldn’t make a very good voice actor lol. plus, i’d be so anxious about not doing a good job or potentially screwing up my lines that it wouldn’t even be enjoyable for me, either. the pay is pretty good and it seems like a fun job for some, but i just don’t see myself ever doing it or wanting to do it. 😅

Last edited:
i don't mind my voice but i can't scream. like shrill horror screaming, i just can't do. for some reason my voice breaks and cracks whenever i try. but i can pitch my voice pretty easily so maybe i'd try to, just so long as the work conditions are good because i havent heard great things about the industry.

I would love to be a voice actor, I just don't think I would be very good at it lol. I feel like I would struggle evoking emotion through only my voice.

It's not a dream of mine or anything, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea; although I don't think I'm exactly qualified for it either ahahaha. I've been told that I'm an expressive reader, but I'm not sure how well that translates to actual acting.
But it might be fun to do, especially if the setting was good—I'd just rather not get stuck in a box with some lines to record and close to zero story context, though, as I know some dubbing situations are like that.

Sure! Some people have said I have a nice voice and that I’m pretty good at impressions, so it wouldn’t be too odd of a career choice. That being said I don’t know how I’d react if I was given a particularly bad script. I’d still do it, but it would be painful.

I've actually been in movies. One that even got in the Sundance film festival apparently. The director/people never mentioned that and I only found out when I searched the film's title online.

I think it would be cool to try it at least once. They always need extra voices for something. That's what I've always been in those other movies. Extras/stand-ins/ect.

Back