• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hybrid Flower Guide & Research

Palad said:
[n,Nov 11 2009, 12:59:27 PM]
pizzaSlyze said:
Ehingen Guy said:
I'd like to add something to this guide, if I may.

In City Folk, it's now possible to crossbreed golden roses with other roses.

Golden Rose + Red Rose = Pink Rose
Golden Rose + Yellow Rose = Orange Rose
Golden Rose + Orange Rose = Pink Rose
Golden Rose + Pink Rose = Orange Rose
Have you tried that?
Any proofs?
He's a super pro hybrid-er.
Oh... Cool.

Yeah, I've tried it. I have a bunch of red and yellow roses surrounding a single gold rose. One day, one of my red roses touching my gold rose wilted so I watered it and I found a pink rose the next day. And I swear that I had no whites in that area.

The hybrid guides on other AC forums state that Jacob's Ladders can increase the chance of getting hybrids. This info is 100 % FALSE! Jacob's Ladders only make your town prettier, nothing more. If you discover hybrids near a Jacob's ladder, it's just a dumb coincidence.

Oh Are you now... ;) Well.. no need to test, you already heard my theory it doesn't work: That's why I have no Blue roses yet.. T_T

I've only gotten 3 hybrids ever before I restarted my file. A purple rose I think, an orange pansie, and a pink tulip. All gone now.

I'm gonna post some screenshots of my hybrid plots so everyone can get some ideas on setting up their gardens. Don't flame me, I'm just trying to help. Note: No hybrids were moved while these shots were taken.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Roses</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
ruu0021.jpg

Note: Red roses must outnumber yellow roses to receive orange.

ruu0026.jpg

Note: You can get blue roses this way, but randomly.You're likely to get more purple and black roses.</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Pansies</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
ruu0027.jpg

Note: After spawning one blue pansy in this patch, I left it there and it spawned 4 more.

ruu0028.jpg

Note: You can get both orange and purple pansies this way.</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Cosmos</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
ruu0034.jpg

Note: This is a great way to achieve all the hybrid cosmos. Make sure no yellow or white cosmos are touching each other, just like in the picture. On your right is a pattern of red and white roses that can spawn either, purple, pink or black roses.

ruu0017s.jpg

Note: Another example of crossbreeding hybrids and parents. In this case, pink and red cosmos.</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Tulips</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
ruu0031.jpg

Note: You probably literally get the picture by now. Crossbreeding pink hybrids with red parents will spawn more hybrids.

ruu0033.jpg

Note: By using a combination such as this one, you can spawn all 3 hybrid colors from a single patch. Yellow tulips are the only yellow flowers that can be touching, as they produce black tulips..</div>

I hope my pictures helped you in your quest for hybrids. If you still have any questions, please let me know.

Is that your "mule" Aaron? I've never seen her before >.>
Hehe... *gets evil ideas* >:)

STILL no blue rose >.>

Great photos!
You should come see my town soon. I prolly have way too many flowers planted now. I'd be intrested in your advice agian.

Is it really pointless to water healthy flowers?! I thought it incresed the chances of spawns.

It's only pointless to water healthy flowers in Wild World. You can water healthy flowers in City Folk and they might spawn hybrids.

Mrmr said:
tis is lik ttly awsm and stff
if that was sarcasm,than i bet u can't do any better so please shut up.if it wasn't sarcasm,then yes,it is cool.

Back