• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you wash your bedding/bedsheets?

I absolutely love clean sheets on the bed and I would change them more often if it wasn't my least favourite chore ever. I swear, my duvet covers do not obey the laws of physics. You'd think it just goes in the square hole but nope.

So every two or three weeks it is, unless it's summer and really hot and I wake up feeling gross and sweaty, in which case I like to change it more often.

I change my bedding every week at least once and wash the old bedding the same day 💫
Post automatically merged:

I absolutely love clean sheets on the bed and I would change them more often if it wasn't my least favourite chore ever. I swear, my duvet covers do not obey the laws of physics. You'd think it just goes in the square hole but nope.

So every two or three weeks it is, unless it's summer and really hot and I wake up feeling gross and sweaty, in which case I like to change it more often.
Put your duvet cover inside out, push your hands to the closed corners, grab your duvet and shake like crazy!!!!!, Flip it over to the open side pull duvet into corners give it another lil shake to flatten it out! 💫💫💫 I was a single mother for a good while and this helped loads when changing bedding alone 🙏🙏

I’m the weirdo here lol. I only wash my bedsheets every few months (unless someone gets sick). It’s usually the last thing on my mind when it comes to cleaning. Also my bed is a weird size so only a couple specific sets fit on it, and that’s too much work for me.

I have a similar problem of my fitted sheet constantly coming loose at the corners and popping off. So even though I consider it a mandatory piece of morning preparation, I absolutely hate making the bed. Not helped that I am a little bit short and my bed is in a rather inconvenient angle, so it's hard for me to reach all the corners. And having to wake up in the middle of the night to adjust them gets very tiring. The most vexing part is that I selected these sheets when I moved into this house with the specific intent of eliminating this very problem. Why is this my life?

I try to do my pillow covers at least once a week. I let my other bedding be for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month lol. I noticed that I have less skin trouble the more frequently I wash my sheets.

I pretty much wash them once a week and sometimes once every two weeks.
I fake tan with mousses, gels, and sprays, so that of course will come off on my sheets since I always choose to tan at night in my room. The reason I do night time is because it's easier to not mess it up by water or sweat and I'm pretty stationary, anything that does come off is gonna come off anyway in the shower in the morning. So those sheets where I tan are specifically meant for tanning and are gonna get orange/brown quick. Sounds gross but I promise I'm clean!! Those sheets are washed the next day after tanning, unless I plan to tan again the next night and just wait until the next day again.

I usually aim for once a week, but sometimes life happens and then it ends up being every 2-3 weeks. Definitely never past a month. I hate remaking the bed once everything’s all washed though, but nothing beats clean sheets and bedding to sleep on.

Every two weeks, but I hate re-making the bed after so I always put them in the washer/dryer and then leave them there so my husband has to put them on the bed

Depends. I wash them in summer every week and in the winter time every two weeks! :)

I tend to wash them weekly. The dogs tend to sleep on my bed during the day.

I probably only get around to it once every couple of months (and then sometimes more often if something messy happens). I totally agree that a huge part of this is how much I hate making the bed!
Why make your bed when you're just going to get in an mess up the sheets again in a few hours? =)
But specifically, if they could make some sort of robot that would help me put on the fitted sheet, I would totally do these chores more often!

Every 2 days 😬 I’m a clean freak especially when it comes to bedding! I have so many pretty duvet sets and I like to change regularly 🥰

Over a few years I accumulated a number of different bedding sheet sets. I leave the same sheets on the bed for a week and then take them off and swap a replacement in. How often they get washed depends on which sheets I replace them with; certain sets are washed in warm water, most of the others are washed in cold water. So, like, if both the sheet sets that are washed in warm water are used close to the same time then that speeds up the process of them being washed. It's not a set regularity because I like to just pick whatever color I'm feeling that day when I'm changing the sheets. I don't let it go too long with them in the hamper though.

Back