• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you wash your bedding/bedsheets?

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I frequently wash clothes due to being a self-proclaimed minimalist, so it's easy to just throw my sheets in with everything else. I do so once every two weeks, but sometimes I'll throw them in a little before if I feel they need cleaning. I know this may be seen as too much, but it gives me fresh sheets more often so I can't complain.

For bedding, I'm referring to fitted sheets, comforter, blankets, pillows or whatever else you use on your bed. How often do you feel the need to wash them?

Once a week. Twice if needed. I share a bed with my partner (twice the sweat!) and I've a dust allergy, so we keep on top of it.

Once a month. More if I have company, though that's an added precaution because I'm the only one who enters my bedroom, let alone sleeps in my bed.

every 1-2 weeks, it just depends on how busy i get. i sleep on top of my duvet with a blanket during the summer months, so i could probably stretch it even longer if i wanted to.

About once each season unless we were sick or something, then we wash after that too. (fitted sheet, sheet, pillowcases, and a couple of regular blankets each for each of us.)
I don't see the point in washing it more. I don't get sweaty sleeping and neither does my spouse and it is just us. No dogs allowed in there either. We also bathe daily, if not more so we aren't getting in there oily. We also use a mattress protector too to protect it from dust or whatever. I would use pillow ones but I can't stand the crunchy sound of the plastic in my ear under the pillowcases every time I move. Pillows are vacuumed about once a year since they don't have a protector.
Mattress is flipped once a year. Sometimes twice.

Guest bed gets washed before a visitor comes.

Kind of a "bed"...
I'm more concerned about the blankets on the couch in the living room where the dogs actually use them and people sit with them than our bedroom blankets. Those are once - twice a month unless someone is coming over, then I wash all of them right before they come. (along with shampooing the couch.) Those take a while as there is more there than our bed.

Usually once a fortnight, or if I'm particularly lazy once a month. It's the one part of the laundry that I hate doing. Our washing machine is too small so I can't fit them in with a load of clothes, getting them dry is another struggle because we don't have a dryer and our hanging space is limited...plus the weather usually isn't good enough to get them dry in the winter. It's too much of a mental load for me to handle sometimes lol

I don't have a set schedule. I wash them whenever they start feeling dirty. Since I don't sweat much and I shower in the evenings before bed, it takes a while for my bedding to start feeling unclean. Of course, I always wash them after my husband or I has been sick too.

I have a reminder set on my phone so I remember to wash my bedding every two weeks. I wasn't sure how often I should be doing it, but that was the most common recommended timeframe I saw when I looked into it, so that's what I've stuck with. Of course, I also wash everything an extra time if I've been sick or something.

Me buying new sheets every like 2-3 months 👁️

Idk I just wash my blankets whenever they smell bad or get stained or whatever. Maybe a couple times a week

once a week! always change my sheets on a saturday, i have a bad habit of snacking while in bed......

Oh god, it SHOULD be once or twice a week but usually it ends up being closer to once a month.

Not often enough 👁️👄👁️

edit: I remembered what the issue is: Houses don't have dryers here in Japan so you hang everything to dry, but drying sheets without a dryer is a pain. In the past when I've done this outside they've gotten dirty a number of times, and indoors there aren't many good places for me to hang them, I've tried over the door but they've gotten dirty that way too...
Best way would probably be just going to a coin laundry each time to do it but... augh lol

Last edited:
We change sheets every week because we have some fresh sheets in rotation and we have a dog that likes to barf on the bed sometimes lol. When I go back home I wash my sheets once a month since I only go back during the weekends. But I wash my pillow case every week.

this has been a really interesting thread to read. I was raised to wash sheets once a week. I also did that for many years when moving out on my own. Now though I wash them every 2-3 weeks. It just doesn’t seem necessary to change more often. I keep extra sets of sheets but it’s not the washing I mind, I just hate making the bed! Lol

Used to be once a week when I had in-unit laundry, now it's usually once every 2-3 weeks. Comforter is once every 1-2 months (don't feel the need to wash it as often because it's not really used).

As a few others have mentioned, I like to wash/clean everything after being sick as well.

Once every few months or so.

I avoid washing my comforter because it takes forever to dry, and both comforters I have, are on top of a heavy blanket and the flat sheet anyways.

usually once every 2-3 weeks? only more often than that if they get particularly dirty for whatever reason

Back