• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what exercise do you do and how often?

Bells
the only exercising thread i could really see that's semi recent is a walking thread.

what do you do?

how many days a week?

any other details?

i jump rope, do vr cardio boxing, road bike sometimes when it's not cold weather, and do a HIIT workout program. i should be doing plyometrics more. I'm also going to be adding hand grippers to the routine soon.

after this 8 week HIIT program I'm doing I'm going to see what my gainz are and if it's making me look like atlas holding up the planet earth I'll continue with that. lol if not much has happened I'm going to try isometrics. and isometrics 100 percent works.

during the summer I was exercising 3-4 times a week. now with the colder weather I'm doing 5-6 times a week.

by the way walking is absolutely beneficial. i heard a scientist (i think it was andrew huberman if memory serves me right) on a podcast within the last year who said it's good to do a walk right after a meal for approx 10 minutes. that it helps reverse the effects of something. i don't remember exactly what it was. anyway I have tried it and walked 30 minutes after a meal once to give it a try. it was really relaxing and my abs were getting tighter during the walk. i would do it every day, but I'm not doing that cold weather nonsense this time of year. lol

for the people who feel drained physically or emotionally give exercise a try. you'll feel better after a few times, you'll sleep better, walk around with more energy, feel better mentally, you'll be more productive in the rest of your day, and many other things.

you don't have to do it all out of often. start off easy with minimal intensity. when i started jumping rope i was only doing 3 minutes a day for 3 days a week. then i'd stretch 15-20 minutes after. it sucked in the beginning because i was out of shape. but it gets easier the more you do it. and the stretching absolutely helps with the soreness in the beginning. i recommend jumping rope because it's simple if you look up how to jump rope properly on youtube, doesn't take much time, and give you a good workout in a short time. then after it gets easier you add more time to it or add other things to it like proper push ups or proper crunches or whatever you want. i did that for 2 months adding more time, minor exercises added, or different jumps. then after I'm doing a full on HIIT program. you can literally get a 10 dollar jump rope from dick's sporting goods.........

give it a go. :)

I've done martial arts for 15 years in two different styles, and I still practice once a week. Outside of that I have an exercise gym next to my room with a Peloton bike and other equipment, and now one at work as well. :)

I go bouldering twice a week and jog/run the rest.

My other half has been trying to get me to start going to the gym with her but at the time she likes to go I'm usually ready to wind down for the night.

I walk every day and do a small circuit of weighted squats, crunches, and leg raises.

I also dabble in yoga every other day but haven't been keeping up with it as well as I could be. I'll probably do a lot more of it when temperatures start hitting -20C to -30C and I don't want to go outside.

I don't exercise as much as I'd like because of back issues. I've finally got the pain under control but I'm always wary of doing anything new that might cause a flare-up.

I do stretches twice a day to relieve muscle tension. They mostly target my back and neck.

I try to walk a lot, but I haven't been able to find a consistent time that I can walk regularly. My life's a little chaotic right now. Ideally, I would like to walk on my two 15 minute breaks every workday plus another 20-30 minute walk in the evenings, weather permitting. But now that temperatures are dropping, the evening walks probably won't happen until next spring. I can't stand the cold.

Last edited:
Well, I don't really call it exercise because I go slow on this because I have to be careful with my knees, but I have an indoor bike I hop on 2-3 times a week for a bit. I don't really time it I just go until I start feeling uncomfortable and that changes each time. I guess the minimum is 30 mins - 1 hr. I like watching YouTube while doing it or listen music. My dogs hate the bike because they can't sit on me when I'm on it.

I do some stretches every morning! I also go on walks sometimes for fun. I occasionally go the gym downstairs and do some real exercise but mostly just light stuff! I like staying active so that I feel better 🥰

Last edited:
I go for long, challenging hikes sometimes. I live in the mountains so it's very scenic and sometimes requires a little climbing too. At home, I don't do much beyond basic stretches, but some morning I'll go for jogs.

I walk at least two miles every other day. If I’m in the mood I substitute it with a hike. While it’s not strenuous it does keep my legs in shape.

I'll typically run ~3 miles 2-3x per week, and follow my runs with ~40 minutes of full body weightlifting. On my "off" or non-running days, I'll do more functional strength training (ab routine, body weight reps, etc), mixed cardio like HIIT, Barre, resistance elliptical, or some 45 minute combination of the above. I always try for a full 7 days a week of at least 40 minutes per workout, though I do occasionally skip a day or two here and there. I also really enjoy hiking during the summer and fall.

Exercise is super important to me and has done wonders for my overall well-being, both physical and emotional.

Oh this is cool!

In Alaska the weather changes a ton as you might imagine so I can do a bunch of different things! Mostly I'm a cross country skier but I also, bike, run, roller ski (I learned about a month ago), tap dance, hike, do throwing in track and field, and also I swim sometimes.

I have ski 3 times a week with a workout group but sometimes I go on the weekends with my family. I do tap dance once a week but planning on doing twice starting in February.

I have a friend that is so confused by my willingness to actually exercise, it's just a great way to experience the outdoors for me. And it's turned into one of my favorite hobbies!

I usually just do cardio at the gym. Walking/jogging, cycling on stationary bike, stretching. Not much tbh, I need to do way more

I've been lifting weights trying to gain a little bit of muscle, started at the beginning of this past June. So going on about 6 months now. I work out 5-6 days a week> Chest & Tris; Legs & Core; then Bi's Shoulders & Back; then a rest day. I don't know how, but I've been able to stay consistent this whole time! Today was leg day

Really want to get back into lifting weights. I've been trying to build muscle during the first half of the year but I soon lost motivation and time, haha. Been looking into doing weekly swimming workouts too, sadly there's no swimming pool in the apartment I live in but hopefully there's a nearly public pool.

I do get my daily 6k+ steps from working at the hospital, though. Been mostly consistent, save for the days I'm off-duty. It's helped me keep my shape. :]

I exercise about 5-6 days a week. Usually, I try to get a walk in, as I'm lucky enough to live near a park. I also do some cardio, yoga, and weights.

I usually run in the mornings because the city I live in gets polluted in the afternoon so the mornings are much more fresh. All I really do for excerise is running but I plan on joining a gym in a few months because I'm getting too thin and not enough muscle.

Back